Drinking around the world advice?

Minnie1986

My boyfriend and I will be spending the actual day of our anniversary in Epcot attempting to "drink around the world." Neither of us have done so before, and while we are familiar with the basics; pace ourselves, make sure we eat, etc, for anyone that has done it before, or at least attempted, what advice would you or do you wish someone had given you? Also, what food/drinks do you guys recommend in the different countries? Thanks!

Jamie J

Take your time, enjoy what the countries have to offer, eat alot, and drink alot of water. The last time we did this, made it from Canada to Norway, and then had to give up. In 15 days, we plan on finishing!

Upvote 0

bee

Know your own limits and pace yourself. DW and I have done DATW twice but we share one drink in each country. We are both 5'4" ladies who tend to fall on the lightweight side of the spectrum so we would be total unable to function if we didn't share! If you have to skip a country, skip the country and move on! It's not worth being sick just to finish. And course stay hydrated, especially if you're not used to Florida heat and humidity!

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Frozen and Iced drinks include their own water built in. Drink as many of those as possible. If the drink includes a garnish then it includes it's own meal. Again, drink as many of those as possible. If you are having issues with the amount of alcohol just drink some Dom Perignon. After spending $32 on 1 glass you won't be able to afford to drink much more. :cool:

Upvote 0

drwadadli

My wife and I going in February (2017) and was wondering if there are any updates to how to do "Drinking Around the World"? Also, what drinks would recommend NOT ordering...aka: wish you hadn't ordered?

Upvote 0

PenguinPrincess

This is just my personal preference, but I like to drink the most authentic or traditional drink from each country. For example, margarita in Mexico, shot of Aqua Vitae in Norway, beer in Germany, etc. This maaaaaay lead to more of a hangover from all that mixing...but it's just more fun in my opinion!

Upvote 0

blueslegend

I just returned from a December 2016 trip. My advice is to bring lots of money. Beer was $9 a pop.

Not cheap I know. That's why we tend to stock our room from Garden Grocer or the like. Or maybe a beer run to Speedway? The first couple of drinks tend to go down quickly so rather than pay top dollar for those we will have a glass of wine or a couple of beers in our room whilst preparing to go out.

Upvote 0

dis_adventures

Ahh we love doing this! Drinking around the world is fun, but sometimes its hard to know what you will like and don't want to waste a lot of money on a drink you don't like. I wish they would give samples ;) anyway... we actually are posting our Vlog on drinking around the world next Thursday! I'm finishing editing it tonight actually. So here are some of my tips based on my vlog..

* Don't drink alcohol in every country. It's good to alternate!
* Everyone starts in Mexico and goes around and ends in the UK, I prefer to go the opposite way because I like to slowly build up towards the drinks. Who wants to start with tequila shots? Not me!
* Get a souvenir mug in every country! But make sure you have a bag to put the empty ones in... We have almost all the countries at home and like to use them for drinks on the weekends!
* If your on the dining plan -- now is your chance to use your snacks! A lot of countries have DP snack options!

Here are the food/drink choices that I prefer:
Mexico
  • Frozen Mango Margarita
  • Chips & Salsa
  • Tequila Flight
Norway
  • Sweet Pretzel or cupcake
China
  • Bubble Tea
Drink Cart between China and Germany
  • Frozen Coke
  • Frozen Lemonade
Germany
  • Grapefruit Beer
  • Pretzel (they're huge!)
Italy
  • Wine
  • Gelato
America
  • Sam Adams
  • Turkey Leg
  • Funnel Cake
Japan
  • Head to the sake bar if you dare :)
France
  • We've never ate/drank in France, but I maybe try a french pastry!
United Kingdom
  • Fish and chips, or just the chips (fries) they are delicious!
  • Leaping Leprechaun (Jameson Irish Whiskey, Don Q Cristal Rum, Skyy Vodka, Melon Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour topped with Sprite served in a Souvenir Cup)
  • Snake bite (Half Cider and Half Harp)
  • Strongbow Cider
  • Smithwick's

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

We did it when we were younger and in college. As an adult with kids, not so much and wish Disney would control the over drinkers a little more. In other words, when they are drunk, stop serving them.

Upvote 0
I'm one of those people who starts in Mexico, skips the UK to pop over to Canada and end in the UK. There's just something about ending in the Rose & Crown with a Pimm's cup. One thing that's really saves us (both alcohol intake and cost wise) is the wine walk. That gives you a 2 oz pour of wine in Germany, Italy and France. The passport can be purchased in any of those countries. We always love taking a photo with something representing each country throughout our journey. Some of my favorites are the series we did with different hats from each country. Taking a little video snippet describing what you're drinking and what you've been up to is also fun... and they end up being pretty funny. Oh, and the Aquavit shot in Norway tastes like gasoline, but saves you a lot of room for drinks in other countries. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Princess Leia

I'll be doing this in November during the holiday festival, and I was wondering if Canada had more options? I'd like to get a drink and a snack, but it looks like most food offerings in Canada are strictly table service (Disney apparently needs to step up its poutine game).

Upvote 0

Disney Stine

My wife and I going in February (2017) and was wondering if there are any updates to how to do "Drinking Around the World"? Also, what drinks would recommend NOT ordering...aka: wish you hadn't ordered?

I'm tiny so my fiance and I shared drinks and it worked out perfectly (more so - he drank all of the beer and I drank all of the cocktails). We did start in Mexico and ended in Canada but double backed to England for fish and chips while watching Illuminations. I would suggest to not rush your time! Go to the shops, explore the pavilion, take pictures (especially one with your drink in each country). Afterward, because Epcot closed at 9 that night, we walked to Fantasia Mini Golf and halfway through started to sober up. Was a wonderful day over all.
I wish I hadn't ordered the Canto Loopy from China. I read reviews for drinking around the world online and this was raved about. It was incredibly too sweet for me, and I love sweet drinks.
If money is tight, I would suggest specifically ordering without the souvenir cups - this does save you some money as you are not paying at the advertised price and is discounted a few dollars. Of course, this is only for those drinks that already say it comes in a souvenir cup.
Drink lots of water. Eat. Take your time. Take pictures. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom