Drinking around the world advice?

Minnie1986

My boyfriend and I will be spending the actual day of our anniversary in Epcot attempting to "drink around the world." Neither of us have done so before, and while we are familiar with the basics; pace ourselves, make sure we eat, etc, for anyone that has done it before, or at least attempted, what advice would you or do you wish someone had given you? Also, what food/drinks do you guys recommend in the different countries? Thanks!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Congrats! Start at 11am in Canada and work your way around to Mexico. My favorites in no order Leaping Leprechaun at R&C pub (split this one), Grey Goose slush in France, Sultan's colada or sangria in Morocco, saki tasting in Japan at the back of the store, cucumber margarita in La Cava for the rest just grab a beer or wine of your choice. Make sure to drink some water for hydration!!!!! Snacking is most important and stay away from fried food! split a bagette in France (bread is good when doing DATW) Sandwiches from Norway are a good idea, qs in Japan comes with rice. By the time you get to Mexico just grab some chips and salsa and hopefully one of you will be able to find your room. Good luck!

Upvote 0

DisneyDayDreamer

I agree with starting in Canada. They have a maple beer thats pretty good. In the UK try the black and tan. (as you can see I'm a beer lover). I ditto the grey goose slush in France or even try the peach champagne (try the bakery or the homemade ice cream shop for a snack). Sultan's colada in Morocco (try the baklava and maybe a shwarma). Do the hot saki in Japan its a little more tolerable (the candy from the store is awesome!). The American Adventure has a Jack and frozen lemonade that's pure deliciousness. Italy has a really good peach sparkling wine (they have some of the best chocolate too; ask the cast members they love talking about their country and their favorite chocolates). Germany has a wine tasting thats really good, I did the white one; if you want to do beer try the Octoberfest. China has its beer but they have a plum wine that's really good. (get the egg rolls here for a snack; they are cheap and they are big). Norway has beer that's good (the best thing here is their bakery. I always get something to eat there when I'm in Epcot). In Mexico go to the bar inside of the temple and do a tequila flight (snack on the trio which is fresh made guacamole, salsa, and queso). Reminder stay hydrated and get free water from every quick service location. Take your time too, don't drink these too quickly. I did it all in a day and was fine to watch Illuminations that night.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Get yourself a souvenir bucket of popcorn in future world, then eat all the popcorn. When you get to World Showcase, order a drink at every country and pour it in the bucket. Once you have made it all the way around the world, chug the bucket. You will have successfully drank your way around the world and may still be standing. In ten minutes, you probably will hit the floor. Enjoy! :cool:

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Get yourself a souvenir bucket of popcorn in future world, then eat all the popcorn. When you get to World Showcase, order a drink at every country and pour it in the bucket. Once you have made it all the way around the world, chug the bucket. You will have successfully drank your way around the world and may still be standing. In ten minutes, you probably will hit the floor. Enjoy! :cool:
I may have just thrown up a little in my mouth thinking about the bucket.......:hungover:

Upvote 0

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Buy a souvenir passport from one of the Epcot gift shops. At each stop, have your "bartender" sign for their country and make a note of what you had to eat/drink. Also, take a picture with each of your "bartenders". You can add these photos to your passport later.

Last bit of advice, stay at one of the resorts connected to the International Gateway at Epcot (Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club). Makes for a nice stumble home instead of taking transportation.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Take your time in each country. That's my advice and start early. They start saving at 11am so you have quite a bit of time to go around WS. Drink water and don't be obnoxious... Other people spent good money to have fun around WS a drunk person shouldn't ruin it. So do it responsibly.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I agree with starting in Canada. They have a maple beer thats pretty good. In the UK try the black and tan. (as you can see I'm a beer lover). I ditto the grey goose slush in France or even try the peach champagne (try the bakery or the homemade ice cream shop for a snack). Sultan's colada in Morocco (try the baklava and maybe a shwarma). Do the hot saki in Japan its a little more tolerable (the candy from the store is awesome!). The American Adventure has a Jack and frozen lemonade that's pure deliciousness. Italy has a really good peach sparkling wine (they have some of the best chocolate too; ask the cast members they love talking about their country and their favorite chocolates). Germany has a wine tasting thats really good, I did the white one; if you want to do beer try the Octoberfest. China has its beer but they have a plum wine that's really good. (get the egg rolls here for a snack; they are cheap and they are big). Norway has beer that's good (the best thing here is their bakery. I always get something to eat there when I'm in Epcot). In Mexico go to the bar inside of the temple and do a tequila flight (snack on the trio which is fresh made guacamole, salsa, and queso). Reminder stay hydrated and get free water from every quick service location. Take your time too, don't drink these too quickly. I did it all in a day and was fine to watch Illuminations that night.
This is perfect! Thanks! We have reservations at Monseiur Paul that night just before Illuminations and the CM I made the reservation with that said she would mark down to get us the best possible table to watch the fireworks from.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Take your time in each country. That's my advice and start early. They start saving at 11am so you have quite a bit of time to go around WS. Drink water and don't be obnoxious... Other people spent good money to have fun around WS a drunk person shouldn't ruin it. So do it responsibly.
We definitely share your school of thought. We would hate to ruin someone else's vacay, as they paid just as much and waited just as long as we did to get there. Neither of us are obnoxious drinkers, so we'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Buy a souvenir passport from one of the Epcot gift shops. At each stop, have your "bartender" sign for their country and make a note of what you had to eat/drink. Also, take a picture with each of your "bartenders". You can add these photos to your passport later.

Last bit of advice, stay at one of the resorts connected to the International Gateway at Epcot (Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club). Makes for a nice stumble home instead of taking transportation.
The souvenir passport/ pics with the bartenders is a must do for me. We travel a lot and I am borderline obsessed with having my real passport stamped, so that will be so fun for me.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
That makes me dizzy just thinking about it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

This is perfect! Thanks! We have reservations at Monseiur Paul that night just before Illuminations and the CM I made the reservation with that said she would mark down to get us the best possible table to watch the fireworks from.

Monsieur Paul is an excellent anniversary meal!

Except I had no idea how the bread thing worked at first LOL.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom