Dragon Rock & The Cavern by Pandora

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Just wondering if there is hope that Dragon Rock and the Cavern during the former planned Beastly Kingdome Might still have some use over by Pandora..
Expediton%20Everest%20003.jpg
tumblr_nicf8gmjk51tg1y9yo2_1280.jpg

Since they will have an eventual pathway from Harambe into Pandora it will give a better look at the once planned home of the Dragon's Cave...Does beg to wonder if the effect still works after it was shut off...
harambe_pandora.jpg

Alektronic

Just wondering if there is hope that Dragon Rock and the Cavern during the former planned Beastly Kingdome Might still have some use over by Pandora..
Expediton%20Everest%20003.jpg
tumblr_nicf8gmjk51tg1y9yo2_1280.jpg

Since they will have an eventual pathway from Harambe into Pandora it will give a better look at the once planned home of the Dragon's Cave...Does beg to wonder if the effect still works after it was shut off...
harambe_pandora.jpg

The Dragon Cave is long gone, torn down and gutted. In fact, the new wood boardwalk will go over top of it. I don't know if they will leave any remnants or not.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I'm still hoping that someday, they will finally add Beastly Kingdom. Maybe as a stage 4 (is that what we're on now?) with the park. They can update the Dinosaur area at the same time.

It would be nice...But, if you wanted a taste of what it could have been Universal's Islands of Adventure would have been the best next thing since many of the imagineers went there after they left Disney to create that area which now got Potter-ised...

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
What else I find interesting is this....There was at one point a planned AA Dragon that was to come out of the Cavern and blow the fire that you see when you passed by..
river_dragon.jpg

To make it even MORE Interesting is if you ever got any of the Animal Kingdom Kids Meal Toys at Mcdonalds one of them was the Same River Dragon that was to come out of the Cave as a toy...Making it the most sought out collectible Disney Kids Meal toy of an AA That never was made...
akdragon-2.jpeg
mcdakbox.jpg

Mike S

What else I find interesting is this....There was at one point a planned AA Dragon that was to come out of the Cavern and blow the fire that you see when you passed by..
river_dragon.jpg

To make it even MORE Interesting is if you ever got any of the Animal Kingdom Kids Meal Toys at Mcdonalds one of them was the Same River Dragon that was to come out of the Cave as a toy...Making it the most sought out collectible Disney Kids Meal toy of an AA That never was made...
akdragon-2.jpeg
mcdakbox.jpg
I have that toy :happy:

Princess Leia

It would be nice...But, if you wanted a taste of what it could have been Universal's Islands of Adventure would have been the best next thing since many of the imagineers went there after they left Disney to create that area which now got Potter-ised...
At this point I would even take a dark ride based on fantasy creatures- Loch Ness monster, dragons, unicorns, minotaurs, etc.

MOXOMUMD

river_dragon.jpg

akdragon-2.jpeg
mcdakbox.jpg
I have that toy too. I collect dragons. :happy:

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
It's the greatest shame that the Beastly Kingdom never saw the light of day...

Well, kind of....The Lost Continent Before being Potter-ized was the former Imagineers that left to create that section of Islands of Adventure and why Dueling Dragons is a some-what version of the Dragon coaster that never happened..The Concept art for it looked pretty impressive.
beastlycastle3.jpg~original

dragontowerdetail.jpg~original

tumblr_mehk5udeH91r8ldbjo1_1280.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom