Dragon Rock & The Cavern by Pandora

RSoxNo1

We like the idea of Beastly Kingdom because we've seen concept art and we think we get it. The truth is if we got Beastly Kingdom, we probably would have gotten Dragon Tower and a walk through edge maze type attraction. It also probably would have meant no Expedition Everest and probably no Festival of the Lion King. Sure, Dragon Tower looks really cool, but I'm not sure I'm willing to make that tradeoff.

Also, The Lost Continent is what Beastly Kingdom would have been if any and all corners had been cut.

FigmentJedi

Well, kind of....The Lost Continent Before being Potter-ized was the former Imagineers that left to create that section of Islands of Adventure and why Dueling Dragons is a some-what version of the Dragon coaster that never happened..The Concept art for it looked pretty impressive.
beastlycastle3.jpg~original

dragontowerdetail.jpg~original

tumblr_mehk5udeH91r8ldbjo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_oc2npeLQTA1sa3t1go1_540.jpg

They should have just gone for it anyways. No one would accuse you of being a knockoff if you outclassed them in every way.

Princess Leia

Considering how the Lost Continent is basically going to be all Potter eventually (assuming Universal will get rid of Sinbad and Poseidon to make room for more HP), I'm hoping that Beastly Kingdom could finally make it to the park. I'm not super hopeful, but it'd be nice if Disney could make it work.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

There's really no excuse for not having at least a copy of DLP's Dragon's Den somewhere in the park. It would take comparatively little effort, but be something that everyone would like.
Rivers of Light was also a missed opportunity to bring one in. Replace the Elephant float with a Dragon and you'd basically have the four celestial animals of Chinese and Japanese astrology.

Four-Guardians-of-the-Four-Compass-Directions.jpg

Mike S

There's really no excuse for not having at least a copy of DLP's Dragon's Den somewhere in the park. It would take comparatively little effort, but be something that everyone would like.
That was apparently their original plan for the Dragon fire cave on the river. A copy of the front half of DLP's AA would've stuck its head out.

Read that on Disney and More many years ago.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Just wondering if there is hope that Dragon Rock and the Cavern during the former planned Beastly Kingdome Might still have some use over by Pandora..
Expediton%20Everest%20003.jpg
tumblr_nicf8gmjk51tg1y9yo2_1280.jpg

Since they will have an eventual pathway from Harambe into Pandora it will give a better look at the once planned home of the Dragon's Cave...Does beg to wonder if the effect still works after it was shut off...
harambe_pandora.jpg

It's still there! I can confirm!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom