Downtown Disney to introduce designated smoking areas this week

kma71677

I see almost everyone respecting the designated smoking areas in the parks, but not at DD. I don't think people associate DD as more than a "Disney-fied" outdoor shopping mall. If I smoked, I wouldn't give it a second thought to light up at DD.

It may be introduced but I wonder how effective it will be enforced at the start. I do predict though it will eventually be standard policy...although I will always wonder just how much it will be enforced since most stores are not Disney.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Make the parks non-smoking...or turn the following into smoking areas:

MK: Country Bear Jamboree
EC: Captain EO
HS: Sounds Dangerous!
AK: Dino-Rama

Either option would fix the issue for me.
Can they serve shots too if we're gonna allow smoking? I know I'd hit Country Bears a few times at least. Unless they were free shots I'd probably still skip Dino-Rama;)

draybook

World Showcase?:)

therock_zpsggaskajs.gif

Adam N

This is gonna be a nightmare to enforce, mostly because Disney doesn't tell third party people a whole lot regarding changes who in turn don't tell employees who in turn, when asked by guests, will not know the correct answer.

roj2323

This is gonna be a nightmare to enforce, mostly because Disney doesn't tell third party people a whole lot regarding changes who in turn don't tell employees who in turn, when asked by guests, will not know the correct answer.

This really isn't any different than the theme parks. Im sure they will put up signage.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He said "banning kids" and those idiot drunks in WS are worse than kids. Disney needs to throw the drunks and the smokers out of their parks, period.
You're living up to your name tonight;)

I'm OK with "throwing out" or "banning" drunk kids in the parks who are also smoking. Outside of that I think the system works pretty well.

NormC

It's their right so let them.
Don't get me wrong I think it is great for Disney to provide a space to accommodate smokers. I know it is a hard habit to break for many and also that there are many that do not want to quit beacause they enjoy it. If Disney wanted to however, they could ban smoking all together on their property as there is no "right" to smoke.

MaryJaneP

Interesting. Especially for CM's who have to patrol/work near/enforce the smoking area limits. Recent employer (not WDW) we have seen specify pre-employment urine specimen testing for presence of nicotine. Does this get passed along in second hand smoke. Employment policies we have seen state no tobacco products, what about e-cigs. Don't they deliver nicotine, especially to user?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Interesting. Especially for CM's who have to patrol/work near/enforce the smoking area limits. Recent employer (not WDW) we have seen specify pre-employment urine specimen testing for presence of nicotine. Does this get passed along in second hand smoke. Employment policies we have seen state no tobacco products, what about e-cigs. Don't they deliver nicotine, especially to user?
No clue how they treat e-cigs or the gum used to help quit smoking. From my limited understanding it's not even legal in all states to restrict hiring based on nicotine use, but I think it may be in Florida. In PA it is legal and I think they say you will not fail the test due to second hand smoke, but you could fail from smoking just 1 cigarette. No clue how that works either.

Good thing for Disney CMs is that they don't need to worry about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom