Downtown/Disney Springs suggestions

yedliW

Original Poster
I have not spent much time in Downtown Disney, but I am looking at having diner there one night on an upcoming trip (November). What are your suggestions? We will be a party of 7, 5 adults, 1 child (4) and one infant. My wife and her sister aren't real adventurous eaters (they weren't fans of Boma when we were there last year), and my niece is less so.. My Parents and I are up for just about anything..

Are all the places down there off the menu? are there any buffets/family style places (would be preferable)?

I don't really want to do chains, so not Rainforest or Planet Hollywood.. but other than that, the only other restriction would be a 1 point diner on the dining plan.

and... Go! :)

pajammies

I am not an adventurous eater by any stretch, so can I just say, I did not like, nor would I go back to Raglan Road. No one in my family enjoyed it that much, and others were more adventurous than me. That being said it's just another opinion, clearly it's subjective.
We did all however, really enjoy Bongos. I believe they have entertainment at certain times of the night also.
It's the restaurant in the big pineapple.
I guess that's sort of a chain but not something you find all over.

epcotisbest

Maybe I am a 55 year old kid, but I really like T-Rex. The surroundings are kinda cool and the food is good, with hefty portions. Of course, like everything else, it comes with hefty prices for what you get. When I am feeling more thrifty, we go to Earl of Sandwich. Also good at DTD is Wolfgang Puck's and House of Blues.

Jon81uk

I am not an adventurous eater by any stretch, so can I just say, I did not like, nor would I go back to Raglan Road. No one in my family enjoyed it that much, and others were more adventurous than me. That being said it's just another opinion, clearly it's subjective.
We did all however, really enjoy Bongos. I believe they have entertainment at certain times of the night also.
It's the restaurant in the big pineapple.
I guess that's sort of a chain but not something you find all over.

What is it about Irish food that was adventurous? Ireland is known for meat and potatoes, there a lots of variations of that on the menu, stew, bangers & mash, pie. Not that different to Rose & Crown at Epcot.

I would expect Bongo's to be considered more adventurous, it is Cuban inspired with unusual sauces. But then the menu doesn't look far off mexican really.

pajammies

What is it about Irish food that was adventurous? Ireland is known for meat and potatoes, there a lots of variations of that on the menu, stew, bangers & mash, pie. Not that different to Rose & Crown at Epcot.

I would expect Bongo's to be considered more adventurous, it is Cuban inspired with unusual sauces. But then the menu doesn't look far off mexican really.

This was several years ago at Raglan so not sure if the menu is very different or not, but I just remember it being weird, for lack of a better word, (to me)
As far as Bongos, that menu is huge and I'm able to find several things that I like.
Just figured I'd give an opinion to the op since they wanted one. But I am a very picky eater, there's probably no one like me out there.
Ultimately my point was, out of the 5 of us that ate at Raglan Road, no one liked it.

SeanWM48

Maybe I am a 55 year old kid, but I really like T-Rex. The surroundings are kinda cool and the food is good, with hefty portions. Of course, like everything else, it comes with hefty prices for what you get. When I am feeling more thrifty, we go to Earl of Sandwich. Also good at DTD is Wolfgang Puck's and House of Blues.
i am a 27 year old kid and love me some T-Rex. most fun dinner you'll have on property. good drinks and the t-rexadilla is one of my favorites

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

My DH and I really enjoyed Wolfgang Puck Express... I know it is QS but it seemed more like a TS... I really enjoyed to bacon wrapped meatloaf and the creme brulee. DH enjoyed the quarter chicken. We are going back to WPE for our DTD evening because there are so many things we would love to try! I know the meatloaf might not sound good... but check out the photos on trip advisory... it was AMAZING!

disneyfirstLJ

I would recommend The Boathouse but it is expensive. They have a great bar menu as well as main dining menu. I had the shrimp cocktail and a burger. My daughter had the panko breaded chicken. It was all great!
I have heard that T-Rex and The Rainforest Café are fun and have a wide variety of items to choose from but I have never eaten there myself.
For QS I would recommend Earl of Sandwich which I really liked. I have heard Wolfgang Puck Express is good and I hope to try it on our next trip.

We recently had dinner at Splitsville and found it very enjoyable, and the service was top notch. A lot more than we expected given the surroundings. The food was really good, and very generous portions. They have standard fare like burgers and pizza (whole pizza for one person) and various other dishes like blackened mahi mahi. don't remember the rest of the food we saw, but really enjoyed what we had.

disneyfirstLJ

We recently had dinner at Splitsville and found it very enjoyable, and the service was top notch. A lot more than we expected given the surroundings. The food was really good, and very generous portions. They have standard fare like burgers and pizza (whole pizza for one person) and various other dishes like blackened mahi mahi. don't remember the rest of the food we saw, but really enjoyed what we had.
Oh, I forgot about Splitsville. We ate there during our first trip and we enjoyed the food as well. We also bowled which was a fun activity outside the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom