Dooney & Bourke MBs

HurricaneHanna

....just read a thing that some peeps have problems with their bands when they have a lot....everything must work good for you on coordinating? :) Or do you deactivate some? this will be my first band wearing adventure.....;)
Like you read, one person should have no more than 8 bands. (8 is what I've read on here multiple times. A CM at YC told us last month that 6 is what he recommends.) I deactivate any over that number. It's very simple to do as is re-activating them in the future if you wish.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Like you read, one person should have no more than 8 bands. (8 is what I've read on here multiple times. A CM at YC told us last month that 6 is what he recommends.) I deactivate any over that number. It's very simple to do as is re-activating them in the future if you wish.
Many thanks....will remember for future consideration. :D

Dylan Ann

$48....YIKES....but must admit I paid extra to obtain a park exclusive Tinkerbell one just recently, for 1/2 that price.....hey it was green and had Tink on it....just sayin'.....not a Dooney and Burke fan but do appreciate everyone has their own thing and if that makes your trip more magical and you have the disposable income then why not? :) Wonder if they have the magic bandits to bling them out with in Dooney & Burke as well? Just had to contact Disney as some clothing I ordered did not come, they said they shipped it weeks ago....some villians might have intervened!!!o_O They were kind to resend. ;)

Where/how did you get the Tink band? My mom and I are going in December and this will be my first experience with the Magic Bands. I'm just excited to have our names on them and pick colors (red for me, purple for mom), but my mom LOVES Tinkerbell, so I'd definitely consider getting her a Tinkerbell band if it wasn't too pricey. But I'm a complete novice at bands, so I don't even know where to start!

JohnD

Original Poster
$48....YIKES....but must admit I paid extra to obtain a park exclusive Tinkerbell one just recently, for 1/2 that price.....hey it was green and had Tink on it....just sayin'.....not a Dooney and Burke fan but do appreciate everyone has their own thing and if that makes your trip more magical and you have the disposable income then why not? :) Wonder if they have the magic bandits to bling them out with in Dooney & Burke as well? Just had to contact Disney as some clothing I ordered did not come, they said they shipped it weeks ago....some villians might have intervened!!!o_O They were kind to resend. ;)

I've bought several graphic MBs. I just won't spend $48 for a Dooney & Burke one. And the news about the new technology has me perplexed. It would seem to indicate no longer purchasing MBs. If people are shelling out $$ for D&B MBs, why change them?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Where/how did you get the Tink band? My mom and I are going in December and this will be my first experience with the Magic Bands. I'm just excited to have our names on them and pick colors (red for me, purple for mom), but my mom LOVES Tinkerbell, so I'd definitely consider getting her a Tinkerbell band if it wasn't too pricey. But I'm a complete novice at bands, so I don't even know where to start!
Well I first bought one on ebay, and I could not get it on my MDE account, turns out it was not activated so Disney told me it could have been stolen....o_O. The seller gave money back so no loss. But Disney told me I could buy it on the Disney Parks SHOP app and poof there it was....:Dso not at the Disney Store online, they have some, but they have ALL the ones from the parks on the SHOP app...seems you can scan things in park and buy through app to ship home even. Neat! :) Think it was $24.99.
29920.jpg

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I've bought several graphic MBs. I just won't spend $48 for a Dooney & Burke one. And the news about the new technology has me perplexed. It would seem to indicate no longer purchasing MBs. If people are shelling out $$ for D&B MBs, why change them?
I know I saw those puck thingys....think they would make magic bands bulkier and I was relieved they were slender as they are....think those are still down the pipeline....likely even when they do switch there will be a long transition period to phase out the current MB's.....:)

JohnD

Original Poster
Well I first bought one on ebay, and I could not get it on my MDE account, turns out it was not activated so Disney told me it could have been stolen....o_O. The seller gave money back so no loss. But Disney told me I could buy it on the Disney Parks SHOP app and poof there it was....:Dso not at the Disney Store online, they have some, but they have ALL the ones from the parks on the SHOP app...seems you can scan things in park and buy through app to ship home even. Neat! :) Think it was $24.99.
29920.jpg

My eyesight isn't what it used to be. I have to use my camera phone like a magnifying glass, zooming in on the MB number so I can write it down then enter it into MDE.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My eyesight isn't what it used to be. I have to use my camera phone like a magnifying glass, zooming in on the MB number so I can write it down then enter it into MDE.
seriously it is rather small and I must pull out my elusive reading glasses for that too....but I did get number right and when I called Disney they told me it was a green Tink band. The package had a "A" little peely sticker on back, I wondered if that meant activated and perhaps it didn't take, the lady said she bought it for granddaughter and then didn't use it, sealed in package. Guess that small print makes it more secure...ha ha. :)

Dylan Ann

29920.jpg

That is a pretty awesome Tink band! Now I'll just have to figure out if it's worth shelling out an extra $25 on an adorable band that I know will make my mom happy all week, or if I should save it instead for a round of drinks in Epcot that will also make her happy ;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That is a pretty awesome Tink band! Now I'll just have to figure out if it's worth shelling out an extra $25 on an adorable band that I know will make my mom happy all week, or if I should save it instead for a round of drinks in Epcot that will also make her happy ;)
Ha....get the band and make Mom pay for the drinks....:D Because she will love the band if she is indeed a tink fan....;)

HurricaneHanna

This was my thought exactly when I read about the new "puck". It seems to me like a lot of people look forward to receiving that box of Magicbands before a trip. I don't understand why the people who think it's wasteful to have more than one don't just decline the bands. It's as easy to decline them as it is to choose the color. As for the purchased ones, I'm guessing if the new ones do actually happen there will still be bands for purchase. You'll just move the "puck" from band to band. From newer things that I've read elsewhere since this thread was started I also believe our existing bands will continue to function.

JohnD

Original Poster
This was my thought exactly when I read about the new "puck". It seems to me like a lot of people look forward to receiving that box of Magicbands before a trip. I don't understand why the people who think it's wasteful to have more than one don't just decline the bands. It's as easy to decline them as it is to choose the color. As for the purchased ones, I'm guessing if the new ones do actually happen there will still be bands for purchase. You'll just move the "puck" from band to band. From newer things that I've read elsewhere since this thread was started I also believe our existing bands will continue to function.

But then one would expect band price to decrease as the bands would no longer contain RFID technology. You get the free puck with a resort reservation and insert it into the band. I suppose they would make up money for anyone who needs the puck AND the band.

HurricaneHanna

But then one would expect band price to decrease as the bands would no longer contain RFID technology. You get the free puck with a resort reservation and insert it into the band. I suppose they would make up money for anyone who needs the puck AND the band.
True all around. I'm not much of a collector of things but I was having fun amassing the bands. I like them how they are now but as always I'm sure I'll adapt to whatever changes are down the road. (Now if they would just leave the handle on my refillable mug alone :mad: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom