Dollywood News & Updates (2015) - 30th Anniversary Celebration -

Big C 73

Original Poster
I will be posting a trip report of Dollywood's Great American Summer and The Island at Pigeon Forge coming Sunday, I will make sure to make plenty of pictures.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I will be posting a trip report of Dollywood's Great American Summer and The Island at Pigeon Forge coming Sunday, I will make sure to make plenty of pictures.
Could you pick up a large bag of kettle corn? We have finished the one we bought a couple weeks ago. Lol

Darth Tater

I'll be there Monday night! Hopefully this will become an annual tradition. The park has been in need of a nighttime show of sorts (outside of the X'mas season).

Big C 73

Original Poster
Attention, the trip report has been delayed until tomorrow. Sorry, and I will have it up tomorrow evening.

Goofyernmost

Man, this thread is making me excited for the winter trip I have planned for the Kid (Dollywood is on that list)...
Check the dates carefully. Dollywood usually closes the day after New Years and opens again in April.

I've only been once. That was last year, a week or so before Christmas. I have to admit that it was decorated fantastically. The only music playing all day long was Christmas related. It was kinda fun and it was a hoot to see those rides in the back corner that suspiciously looked a lot like the Tea Cups and Dumbo. :D

My only complaint was one of a personal nature. I didn't realize that the place was built on the side of a mountain. When you're my age and have a bad knee it presented a real challenge.:)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This year my husband's whole family spent a week in the Outer Banks, NC and we all just agreed next year's big family trip will be to Gaitlinburg. We are all renting a big cabin together and spending a week hitting Dollywood amongst other things.

Goofyernmost

This year my husband's whole family spent a week in the Outer Banks, NC and we all just agreed next year's big family trip will be to Gaitlinburg. We are all renting a big cabin together and spending a week hitting Dollywood amongst other things.
Always keep in mind that Pigeon Forge is the Go-Kart capital of the world. That alone could use up a week. :hilarious:

Bairstow

Dollywood's my home park and I love the place.
I lived a lot closer last year so I bought a season pass.
Pound-for-pound I'd say this is just about the best theme park in the country. The attention to themed detail on Mystery Mine is up to par with Big Thunder Mountain, the food is great (oh God, the Cinnamon bread!) and I've yet to meet an employee there who wasn't both as cheerful and hard-working. I'm especially impressed at how much faster their coaster loading crews are compared to Six Flags.
If you're a coaster fan, definitely try to visit some time in the fall and stay after dark. The view from the top of Wild Eagle is astounding around sunset when the mist begins to form around the Smokey Mountains, and the pitch-black front-seat night ride I had on Tennessee Tornado is probably my all-time favorite ride on a coaster. You face away from the park during the lift hill and it feels like you're rising upwards into oblivion.

Sad to hear that Adventure Mountain is being torn down. I only did the course once and it was a very unique and frightening experience for a theme park attraction.
Loved the state park theme they had built there too, and the clever way that River Battle and Wild Eagle integrated with that theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom