Dollywood News & Updates (2015) - 30th Anniversary Celebration -

Big C 73

Original Poster
I'm not sure, they have not announced next years project, but they are dismantling Adventure Mountain right now. There is a poster saying "Coming in 2014 The Next Big Adventure, It's Gonna Be a BLAST! The blast may be evidence to a launch coaster, also there has some minor tree clearing. No real physical evidence of a coaster, yet

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not sure, they have not announced next years project, but they are dismantling Adventure Mountain right now. There is a poster saying "Coming in 2014 The Next Big Adventure, It's Gonna Be a BLAST! The blast may be evidence to a launch coaster, also there has some minor tree clearing. No real physical evidence of a coaster, yet

I so wanna make a "Dual Mountain Coaster" joke right now, but I digress.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't even know anything about a Dual Mouatain Coaster :(

That joke flew 30k feet over your head.

dolly-parton.jpg

Taylor

That's what I've been thinking. Hershland is great with keeping projects a secret SDC is getting a major project the year after and they've been really tight lipped

Big C 73

Original Poster
"Now,now Molly I've got a weak back!"
"Weak back or not Luther ( whatever that poor guys name is) hear I come!"

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That being said, it was just a joke. I've actually met Ms. Parton and her husband Mr. Dean. Both very nice people. I have all the respect for them in the world.

Darth Tater

I'm guessing the Adventure Mountain replacement will be a family coaster of sorts, on the same intensity level as MK's BTMR at best. But I could be wrong though. I just remember reading awhile back that a "family" attraction was in the works to replace Adventure Mtn. This leaked a year or so ago, before there was any confirmation of AMtn's removal.

This year's theme for the Dolly parks has been: Back-to-back-thrills. Referencing 2012's Wild Eagle, and 2013's River Rush at Splash Country. This leads me to believe next year will be tamed down to a family ride theme. Though hopefully I'm wrong, and we get some super launch coaster like Silver Dollar City's Power Keg ride.

Taylor

I'm guessing the Adventure Mountain replacement will be a family coaster of sorts, on the same intensity level as MK's BTMR at best. But I could be wrong though. I just remember reading awhile back that a "family" attraction was in the works to replace Adventure Mtn. This leaked a year or so ago, before there was any confirmation of AMtn's removal.

This year's theme for the Dolly parks has been: Back-to-back-thrills. Referencing 2012's Wild Eagle, and 2013's River Rush at Splash Country. This leads me to believe next year will be tamed down to a family ride theme. Though hopefully I'm wrong, and we get some super launch coaster like Silver Dollar City's Power Keg ride.
Powder Keg is amazing. But I agree with you it will more then likely be family based.

Big C 73

Original Poster
DarthTater & Taylor, I believe we should get a family style attraction myself, there has been a lot of thrill rides here lately....

I have noticed the main structures for Adventure Mountain, or any of the other buildings were gone last Friday. Just a few mini dozers, bobcats,and a big mess of concrete, dirt, and such.

Darth Tater

It will be interesting if the '14 project does turn out to be a family coaster, since that was all the park had back in the day, before it was removed to make way for Tennessee Tornado. I can't remember the name (something express, I think), and it was a mild coaster like BTMR. It was removed for TT...Dolly's first large thrill coaster. Now here we sit possibly getting a family one again; having gone full circle.

disnerd

I have never been to Dollywood but have always wanted to go. I live 3 hours away from Silver Dollar City and go all the time. Powder Keg is absolutely amazing

Darth Tater

Who would of ever thought I would of joined a Walt Disney World forum and then talk about Dollywood :D
Hey, if you go to the park & see a guy named Jeff taking pictures of people at the entrance...be sure to go up to him and tell him that the Atlanta Falcons are the best team in the NFC South. Tell him: "Dirty Bird" sent you.

Looong story. We're good friends & big NFL rivals. They're actually from Panther country, so rub it in his face how the Falcons are reigning NFC South Champs. :D;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom