Does Disney "comp" the customers?

BriJul

We've gone 6 times in the last 3 years and the last 2 times we went we got free room upgrades. When we went to Animal Kingdom, they hooked us up with a Deluxe View, and when we went to Wilderness Lodge, they gave us the best room in the lodge, top floor right smack in the middle overlooking the entire resort and lake.

Just wondering becuase both times we just reserved a regular room.

TURKEY

There are several reasons for why you might get upgraded, but I'm not going to go into detail about it.

Being a frequent guest might play a slight role.

Upvote 0

SplashTrash6863

Disney is all about guest service and getting guests to return. They will do what it takes to make the guest happy. Sometimes they have Magical Moments, and CMs get to do great things for people like give free room upgrades, or let people skip the line on a popular attraction. I used to work on BTMRR and I was able to pull a group of people walking around and get them on the ride with out having to wait in line. It was great, and their reactions were priceless......or you just got lucky. (just kidding) :drevil:

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Hmmm...I've stayed at the Poly 1-4 times a year for the past 5 or 6 years, usually slow periods. I got upgraded to concierge once because the standard lagoon view building was under rehab but that was many years ago Never had an upgrade ever since. Am I not a freuquent guest? Guess I just ain't at the right place at the right time (story of my life). :slurp:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Last August we were upgraded to a Courtyard view because the room we requested was not available. We like this one even better. We will be returning in just a few weeks (our 5th stay at the WL).

Upvote 0

TURKEY

tigsmom said:
Last August we were upgraded to a Courtyard view because the room we requested was not available. We like this one even better. We will be returning in just a few weeks (our 5th stay at the WL).

Have you been staying in a courtyard view since?

I've stayed at AKL and booked a standard view room. I was upgraded to a pool view. If I go back, I definitely won't book a standard room, most likely not even a pool view.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

TURKEY said:
Have you been staying in a courtyard view since?

I've stayed at AKL and booked a standard view room. I was upgraded to a pool view. If I go back, I definitely won't book a standard room, most likely not even a pool view.

We asked for the same room this year. It overlooked the pool between the Villas & the WL. If you looked to the left you could see Ft. Wilderness...RM 6158. (and don't get any ideas...ITS MINE! :lol: )

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Twice we were upgraded. Once in 1993 because of a non-smoking request at the Poly got a much better view, lagoon/castle instead of garden/parking lot. In 1999, my cousin was with us. We finished checking in at the Poly and my cousin saw this guy he had worked with the previous fall when my cousin was in CP. He went up to say HI, the guy looked at our ressie and saw that there was an availability for Concierge and moved us there. Neither had anything to do with being frequent guests because 1993 was only the 2nd time in 10 years to visit and this friend of my cousin's did us a favor. These were of the "being there at the right time" kinds of situations.

Upvote 0

careship

Never been upgraded actually, but we were offered another resort once we went to check in because they overbooked the preferreds. Of course, we were fine where we were and we ended up with a great room the next day they moved us into a fabulous preferred room. However, when we called for our ressies for this year, when my dh was on the phone she asked if we'd stayed at WDW before he said yes they pulled up the name and she says oh you've been here 12 times in the last 6 years alone....she was laughing and said something about living near there and he told her no we drive from Michigan a few times a year or at least once. He says if you look up my inlaws last name you'll see how many times we've really been there....just for fun she looked it up and said holy cow, you might as well move in here. The point being.......they know how many times you've been there how many kids you have when you usually come etc....I think when they see very loyal people and they can do it, they will upgrade you as a show of appreciation maybe. But with ME at the healm it happens less and less.

Upvote 0

debbiedoo

Just got back from SSR and we got a great room!!! We are different than regular rooms though!! The CM gave us a great view though!!! DTD, playground/pool!! :wave:

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

I am so jealous! I've been to WDW 5 times since my first visit in 1996 and not ONCE have I been offered an upgrade. We usually go at a slow time of the year too, and are VERY loyal to Disney (we're annual passholders here in California). There's no place else we'd rather spend an extended vacation! Maybe next time I'll try booking a standard room in the delux hotels and see if I can get upgraded! :)

Upvote 0

Stitch79

It is nice to get a suprise upgrade, but what is annoying is when people go expecting to be upgraded. Another board that I read has frequent threads asking if they should book a standard room and then ask how to go about being upgraded for free.

Reserve the grade of room that you want and are willing to pay for, when you go expecting to be given freebies you better expect to be disappointed.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That's not always the case Travis... I've been upgraded at WDW resorts with no additional charge, by simply asking if there was anything available. Never at the GF though... then again, I've never stayed at the GF

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom