Does anyone take a night off from Parks and chill at resort

R W B

We take an evening/night or full day off every trip. We don't really swim too much while at WDW but we do resort hop often. That's one of our favorite things to do actually.

Our last trip we stayed at the poly and I definitly enjoyed having a bar at my resort and we enjoyed a night cap each night except the 2 nights we had emh.

kelknight84

I've never stayed there what is it like?

It's camping the Disney way. All the perks of the other resorts you just bring your own living space or you can rent a cabin. The comfort stations are immaculate. There is horse and pony rides, 2 pools, big waterslide, kid splash area, canoeing, kayaking, playgrounds, biking, tennis, volleyball, carriage rides, hay rides, the theme park horses live there, boat rentals, boat transportation to the magic kingdom, MK fireworks from the beach, Mickey's Backyard BBQ character meal, Hoop de doo Review dinner show, Trails End buffett, Crockett's tavern.
But my absolute favorite is every single night they have Chip and Dale's campfire sing a long. This is like the marshmallow roast at each resort but amped up times 10. They have 2 large fires for hotdogs or smores. They have a guy come out and sing family songs with dancing and stuff, then every single night Chip and Dale make an appearance and they get in on the action followed by meet and greets with everyone there. It is truly an AWESOME place to be.

DizneyPryncess

We always take a day or two where we don't visit parks, but hang at the resort. Usually those are the same days we visit DTD. I can't do parks for an entire week, I'd get burnt out. Plus, I love the resorts & the little things you can do there. My daughter loves swimming, and we like the campfires & movies under the stars.

Pluto15

Original Poster
It's camping the Disney way. All the perks of the other resorts you just bring your own living space or you can rent a cabin. The comfort stations are immaculate. There is horse and pony rides, 2 pools, big waterslide, kid splash area, canoeing, kayaking, playgrounds, biking, tennis, volleyball, carriage rides, hay rides, the theme park horses live there, boat rentals, boat transportation to the magic kingdom, MK fireworks from the beach, Mickey's Backyard BBQ character meal, Hoop de doo Review dinner show, Trails End buffett, Crockett's tavern.
But my absolute favorite is every single night they have Chip and Dale's campfire sing a long. This is like the marshmallow roast at each resort but amped up times 10. They have 2 large fires for hotdogs or smores. They have a guy come out and sing family songs with dancing and stuff, then every single night Chip and Dale make an appearance and they get in on the action followed by meet and greets with everyone there. It is truly an AWESOME place to be.

Sounds amazing. Do all resorts have marshmallow roast?

pug

Hi all,

I was wondering if in the middle of vacation anyone takes a night out from the parks to chill at the resort, maybe eat at the resort then go for a walk or relax in room? Some of the resorts look so amazing and wondered if anyone chooses to do this?
Every trip :)

TXDisney

We just started hanging at the resorts our last few trips and we love it. I also think it depends on how long you're staying. If your doing a quick trio just for like 4-5 days, you don't exactly have time to do everything you want at the parks and do the resorts. But if you're doing a week or longer I for sure would do the resorts.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I can take a day or two and play on property. I grew up near WDW and when my 3 season salute ticket wasn't good, my HS friends and I would goof around the resorts. As a result, I like those days just as much as theme park days.

prfctlyximprct

I always say, "next trip I'm going to have more resort time..." And then next time comes around it it all goes out the window! The past two trips for me have been in the summer, so I did make it a point to visit the pools! I wish there was more time to "relaxingly" chill at the resort, but there's just always something else to be doing.. Next time.. I swear!

:)

ItlngrlBella

Yes, we rent a house though - and some nights you just want to chill in the pool or hot tub with a drink.

We also take a night to visit DTD and full day or two to visit family in Deltona and lay on the beach in Clearwater. We used to go to Daytona, but once we visited Clearwater I was hooked. SO much nicer!

Missymoe4

Hi all,

I was wondering if in the middle of vacation anyone takes a night out from the parks to chill at the resort, maybe eat at the resort then go for a walk or relax in room? Some of the resorts look so amazing and wondered if anyone chooses to do this?

Yes! We definitely plan longer trips to accommodate a day or two at the pool or a night out. It makes it more of a "well-rounded" vacation for us. Although this past trip was the first time we went in November. It was too chilly to swim but we did hang out at the hotel for a night and had some cocktails, did some light laundry, ordered pizza and chilled out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom