Does anyone take a night off from Parks and chill at resort

PHS79

Our last trip went to the parks every day and only would spend about 3 hrs during the day at the resort while our DD was napping. But this trip (17 days from now we will be arriving) we are planning on taking 1 day off and going to Cocoa Beach, and we have already talked about taking 2 afternoons/evenings off from the parks. Thos 2 days we have pre-rope drop ADRs, and we were thinking that maybe those days we would hang around our resort and maybe tour other resorts.

WDW 3

Never. We have plenty of down time at home. We usually go when parks close early and our down time is hitting DTD or a resort lounge.

SAV

We used to be Park Commando's going only for the parks and staying from open to close every day. This past trip, we stayed at Coronado Springs and decided to take a day "off" and enjoy the resort for the day. Best decision we made. It allowed us to sleep in a bit. The kids to spend the day in the pool and us to just chill out without being on a schedule. The resort was so beautiful and we had plenty to do all day. That was just what we all needed.

durangojim

As long as our resort has one, we try to rent a cabana by the pool for the day and just chill, usually with some adult beverages. That's what we'll be doing in 6 months at the Disneyland Hotel and Trader Sam's.

Pluto15

Original Poster
As long as our resort has one, we try to rent a cabana by the pool for the day and just chill, usually with some adult beverages. That's what we'll be doing in 6 months at the Disneyland Hotel and Trader Sam's.

Sounds amazing. Do you know what resorts have cabanas at WDW

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
If I was staying for 37 consecutive days I MIGHT take a night off.

Here is the thing - There is nothing about a stay at WDW that is "chill" for me. That's for the Cape or a camping \ hiking vacation.

I go to WDW to kick the living cr*p out of all the parks and the rides that are contained there in. In the rare occasions that we stay at a deluxe resorts we may take a little extra time to chill at the pool during a mid day break --- but to take time off from the parks for an entire day?

No freaking way.

Skibum1970

I used to marathon any park I went to but my wife is usually ready to quit around 3:00 PM. So, we'll head back and usually goof around the resort and relax. Typically, I will head back to the parks by myself (which she is fine with). The interesting thing is that she got me into resort hopping. I was at a convention and she went along for the ride. We stayed at the Contemporary and, while I was in the seminars, she wandered around and found Wilderness Lodge. Since then, we have a tendency to slow down in the late afternoon and to go back to the parks in the evening. I totally understand not wanting to quit until the end but I have also found it enjoyable to walk at the resort I'm at and escape some of the helter-skelter crowds.

durangojim

If I was staying for 37 consecutive days I MIGHT take a night off.

Here is the thing - There is nothing about a stay at WDW that is "chill" for me. That's for the Cape or a camping \ hiking vacation.

I go to WDW to kick the living cr*p out of all the parks and the rides that are contained there in. In the rare occasions that we stay at a deluxe resorts we may take a little extra time to chill at the pool during a mid day break --- but to take time off from the parks for an entire day?

No freaking way.
If you go enough then you don't need to kill the parks, but to each his own. Last time I kicked the $hit out of the MK, it was very messy. Disney security was involved and I decided never to do it again.;)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
If you go enough then you don't need to kill the parks, but to each his own. Last time I kicked the $hit out of the MK, it was very messy. Disney security was involved and I decided never to do it again.;)
Totally agree - that is exactly my problem I don't seem to go enough. 8 days a year just a cuttin' it kid!
So as you said it's gonna get messy when I'm down in the World --- cause parks gonna get dey butts kicked. :cool:

jeffk410

All the time. I've been to the parks so many times at this point, so exploring/ enjoying the hotel amenities is one of the things I look forward to most.

brokedad

Hi all,

I was wondering if in the middle of vacation anyone takes a night out from the parks to chill at the resort, maybe eat at the resort then go for a walk or relax in room? Some of the resorts look so amazing and wondered if anyone chooses to do this?
All the time, enjoy the resort

EvilQueen-T

During longer stays we will sleep in do the pool and eat at the resort and do a short time in one of the parks. If it's winter and early enough sometimes we've just gone back to the resort others we've done mini golf or a movie/bowling or something like that at dtd.

DiSnEyF@n

We always say that we're going to take a day off mid-week and it goes something like this: wake up, put bathing suits on, eat breakfast, sit by pool and go swimming... and then 1 hour into swimming we're all bored and want to go to the parks, so we do! We've gone resort hopping where we take the monorail and get off at each resort (maybe have a drink and a meal) and just check out the resorts. We always stay at the Dolphin so we enjoy the surrounding resorts and WALK everywhere!!!

mouse_luv

DBF and I stayed in one night on our last trip in Sept 2014. We were just tired and wanted to relax. We were staying at AKV-Kidani and so we had something to eat out and then went back to the room for the rest of the night, I think we both fell asleep watching "Tangled" by 9pm!:joyfull:

Pluto15

Original Poster
Half way through our trip we will chill and spend a night at the resorts having been to the parks during the day. Go for a walk spend time in the lobby and have a pizza and then relax on the balcony with a cool drink and snacks and watch some American TV :)

worldfanatic

To me, it would be almost a waste of money to use an entire day just to hang around the resort. I'm going to get my hard-earned money's worth on my WDW trip.

Perhaps that would be true if you stayed at some cheap off property hotel.
But the opposite is true if you're staying at an awesome Disney property.
In that case, spending all your time "commando-ing" is pretty foolish in my opinion. But to each his own.
On my average 10-12 night trip, I always enjoy 2-3 resort days.

DisneyJunkie

Perhaps that would be true if you stayed at some cheap off property hotel.
But the opposite is true if you're staying at an awesome Disney property.
In that case, spending all your time "commando-ing" is pretty foolish in my opinion. But to each his own.
On my average 10-12 night trip, I always enjoy 2-3 resort days.

Well I always stay in an on-property resort and still find that to be true. Especially is it a bit of a waste if you have paid for park tickets for the entire length of the stay. Using an entire day just to sit at the resort would be wasting the money spent on those park tickets, which would be foolish to me. But I guess if you can afford to do that, and it makes your trip more enjoyable, then go for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom