Does anyone even like Splash Mountain anymore?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Our 3 FP+ are always for the mountains - Space, Thunder and Splash. We do Splash last and before lunch so we can dry off while eating. Have sat in the first row and never have gotten really wet, mainly a face full and some shirt wetness. But if the CM loading the cars has a wicked streak and puts heavy people in the front row, pray you are not in the row behind them....

I've gotten completely soaked on Khali River Rapids and I mean soaked like I just fell into a pool, but never that wet on Splash. I have learned through experience to close my mouth just before we hit water so I don't get a mouthful of Splash water....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I can't think of any reason why Splash Mountain isn't one of the best water rides you could ever go on! :)

I don't even want to hear about any other log flume rides in this world! I've never ever seen one that can match to theming, story and details as Splash Mountain does.. Like.. A log flume ride is usually done with little to no theming, or if there is theming, there's really cheesy animatronics and it just all feels cheap and the only thing to look forward to are the drops.

But with that said, Disney probably needs to drain the entire attraction and replace all their wires and stuff so that everything can work. Because it's pretty obvious that all the little things that make this attraction so awesome kind of start malfunctioning pretty quickly.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well it's no Ripsaw Falls but I like it as well :)

You know, I actually love Ripsaw Falls! I'd probably enjoy it more than Splash if it didn't soak you toooo much. Splash soaks you enough to dry you off during really hot days. But Popeye and Dudley at Uni take the splashing way too far xD

At least it doesn't make you smell like sweet pee :p

But in all honesty, I never noticed the water having a funky smell. Maybe that's because I just smell funky all on my own in the late summer Florida heat...

I never noticed that either. However, on ripsaw falls the smell was terrible!

BigTxEars

You know, I actually love Ripsaw Falls! I'd probably enjoy it more than Splash if it didn't soak you toooo much. Splash soaks you enough to dry you off during really hot days. But Popeye and Dudley at Uni take the splashing way too far xD

Popeye is brutal! That is wet extreme for sure. Ripsaw is a wee bit too much as well but man is Popeye is off the chart wet. That being said we had a great and very memorable ride the first time we ride it. Laughed our butts off at each other as we got drenched. :)

Sphinx610

I would love it more if they would sell Song Of The South in the gift shop. The whole ride is based off the movie, but the park just wants to pretend the movie doesn't even exist. I'd just love for it to come out of the vault on BluRay
I know! My kids and husband had no idea. I was like umm yeah there's a movie lmao ??? I actually have an old book that tells the basic breer fox/bear and breer rabbit thing very simply. So it kind of explained it for my kids lol

DABIGCHEEZ

Themeing stinks, the ride itself is just boring, the long lines and oh that silly cheezy song... yeah, we skip it every time!

Relax folks... I kid

BigTxEars

WELL. I hope you mean that in a "because Ripsaw Falls is awful except for the drop" way... cause if you mean in a "Ripsaw falls has better show scenes" way then I despair for your mental wellbeing.

I prefer Ripsaw to Splash, I think it's a better overall ride. Just my opinion. I certainly don't understand how anybody could consider either of them awful.

jencor

I would love it more if they would sell Song Of The South in the gift shop. The whole ride is based off the movie, but the park just wants to pretend the movie doesn't even exist. I'd just love for it to come out of the vault on BluRay

I do believe the movie was never released on VCR or now DVD in the US. I found a copy from England once. I like Uncle Remus.

psukardi

I do believe the movie was never released on VCR or now DVD in the US. I found a copy from England once. I like Uncle Remus.

Love Uncle Remus, no reason to complain about that guy. I'll assume that people got up in arms over the term "tar-baby"

RMichael21

In January 2011, when my family rode Popeye, we got REALLY wet. That's probably the wettest I've ever gotten on any theme park ride.

KCKAS

Yeah, I was mad inside when I read the title of your post, then I was happy when I read your post. I may need to relax a bit. And I love Splash Mountain!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom