Does anyone even like Splash Mountain anymore?

Dwarful

It is one of our must do's at MK. But only once per day because we don't like walking around wet all day and the horrible stench in the seats from the wet foam cushions. Ughhhh those slimy things just gross me out.

JIMINYCR

It's not a Disney trip without Splash Mountain...
Fell in love with it on my first trip and it's never disappointed me. Always the very first ride I run for on my first day in MK. I dont even mind it when I've had to sit still in the moments the logs are in the holding pause.

minniemickeyfan

Heck ya! I was going to say,
We ride it every trip, and seem to get less wet than in past years. I think the spray before the hill ( not the big one, but the hill where you can see the big hill to your right) doesn't get riders wet like it used to. Anyway, still love it. I also noticed last month that everything seemed to be working.

Mr Anderson

Heck ya! I was going to say,
We ride it every trip, and seem to get less wet than in past years. I think the spray before the hill ( not the big one, but the hill where you can see the big hill to your right) doesn't get riders wet like it used to. Anyway, still love it. I also noticed last month that everything seemed to be working.
Yeah, after the last big refurb where they refreshed the paint job and redid a lot of the lighting on the inside, etc, etc, everything is working much better, including the splashes! Love it.

Fox&Hound

One of my best purchases from my last trip: a Brer Rabbit bobble-head. Sits on my teacher desk at work and if my students don't know who he is I get to launch into the wonders of WDW.

sweetpee_1993

Does the water and logs still smell like old funky feet? I love the ride. Love the music, visuals, and story. But the way the water smells...that musty funk after you've been soaked...I can't do it. Its like someone took their sweaty old nasty gym socks after running a marathon in full Florida heat and wrung 'em out. Yuck! It's sheer misery for me to feel funky and stinky for the rest of the day.

Spike-in-Berlin

Actually I even enjoy it far more since I have finally seen the movie it is based on "Song of the South", because I now know the story behind the ride, I finally know what that stupid Briars Patch is and why we fall into it and why I see brer bear hanging in a trap and and and.

Mr Anderson

Does the water and logs still smell like old funky feet? I love the ride. Love the music, visuals, and story. But the way the water smells...that musty funk after you've been soaked...I can't do it. Its like someone took their sweaty old nasty gym socks after running a marathon in full Florida heat and wrung 'em out. Yuck! It's sheer misery for me to feel funky and stinky for the rest of the day.
At least it doesn't make you smell like sweet pee :p

But in all honesty, I never noticed the water having a funky smell. Maybe that's because I just smell funky all on my own in the late summer Florida heat...

Glasgow

I like Splash Mtn .. Like. Prefer PoTC and Space Mtn, but to each their own. I guess I just prefer rides that are completely in the dark. Hmmm .. Just figured that out! I suppose it helps with the suspension of disbelief and immersion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom