Does anyone actually prefer Restaurant Marrakesh to Tangierine Cafe?

Bairstow

Original Poster
We've been fans of Tangierine Cafe for a while, but this last trip we finally got to try Restaurant Marrakesh. I'm a fan of Mediterranean food, and have been trying to visit all the original World Showcase sit-down restaurants, so I had high hopes for the place. Sadly, they were not really met. The dining area is nice and bright but kind of plain and boring, especially compared with, say, Biergarten or even Nine Dragons. We had the Mediterranean salad for two, the chicken couscous, and the new couscous M'rouzia. The salad was fine, with some above-average baba ghanoush, but the chicken couscous was surprisingly bland. The M'rouzia couscous was more interesting, though the beef and raisin/honey taste made me think of a Moroccan take on English Christmas dinner. The live music was nice, though the percussion-heavy stuff was a little loud in that space. Sadly, my back was turned to the belly dancer most of the time. The most enjoyable aspect of the meal was the mint tea and spending time with friends, but I was expecting a lot more.

On the other hand, Tangierine Cafe remains my favorite Disney counter-service restaurant. We grabbed a quick dinner there and ate at the outside dining area and the shwarma and vegetable platters are as good as ever. I suppose one could make an argument that Marrakesh has more authentic Moroccan food choices compared to the more general Mediterranean food at Tangierine, but the lively outdoor atmosphere and spicier food choices, not to mention that it costs only half of what a meal at Marrakesh does makes it the clear winner in my eyes.

I'm still dying to try Spice Road Table but we didn't have the time for it this time.
Anyone know how it measures up?

NiarrNDisney

Personally I like them both though after getting sick from the food at Tangierine Cafe a few years back I have been kind of leery about going back and eating certain things! Lesson learned I will not dine towards the end of the night at certain locations unless it is made to order.

dreamfinder

We tried Spice Road on maybe day 2? of them being open. Food was pretty good, great atmosphere. Prices were a bit high for the amount of food. We felt it had more of a generic Mediterranean feel to the food than anything we would expect to find at a Moroccan restaurant. I'd pick Tangierine solely from the cost to food ratio, but for its intention, Spice Road is a great place to sit and have a snack and a drink.

belledream

Marrakesh was not my favorite and I'm very accustomed to ethnic foods and 'trying new things.' I also had the chicken couscous and didn't find anything special about it. It tasted like couscous you can make from a premade package. I didn't care for the interior décor either. Tangierine was a much better meal and eating outside felt very refreshing. Also good bang for the buck. I would like to try Spice Road Table sometime in the future, but I'm in no rush to. The whole 'small plates' thing makes me feel like I'm wasting a dining opportunity at EPCOT when there's so many other choices. But we'll see!

lostpro9het

Both are good, IMO, but TC is my favorite between the two and is the best CS in the bubble. Looking forward to trying Spice Road in two weeks for the first time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom