Do you want to build a new resort?

mahnamahna101

Okay, well whoever wants to work on the MK-style park, shoot me a PM or let me know. I'd like Progress City, Shadowlands and Storybook Village (if the design stays). If you're part of the MK team, send a PM to me or anyone stating what areas you would like to work on.

MA Screamin'

Is it a great idea to turn a proven concept on its head? After all, there's a reason that all five global resorts have a traditional MK park.

Exactly. That's the formula point I was getting at. As @LittleGiants16 said, five of the six most-visited parks are modeled around the successful format of Magic Kingdom, but its' contents are innovated and new rides or experiences for these MK parks, I believe, are constructed to a. complement and fit the areas, as well to bring something new and special while staying "inside the box", let's say (the box meaning the themes we've come to know and love, some of the best attractions have come this way: look at New Fantasyland, Splash Mountain, and even the latest Test Track and the original Imagination) and b. to entice guests to pay and visit. Go have fun, but hopefully our input will benefit your team.

@RMichael21 I'll send out our PM as well to Matt and LittleGiants so we can brainstorm and get to work.

Good luck to everyone, can't wait to see what we all create!

LittleGiants16

An ode to @MonorailRed and her lack of participation in this project:

My dearest Red,
Where did you go?
You used to be here,
But not no mo'.

Oh Red, oh Red,
Are you having fun?
Running around
Outside in the sun!

Away from you computer
it does appear,
You not returning
I do fear.

Red, my sweet,
Please come back.
I don't want to talk to
@MonorailBlack

Red, yes Red,
Can't you,
Especially me.

I hope to not read
"Here lies Red,
A great big rock
Fell on her head."

O dearest Red,
Please return.
Many more pm's
That would spurn.

Red, yes Red,
Can't you see
We all miss you,
Especially me.

(Note: this was intended to be a joke. If it's not funny, please laugh anyway.)

Voxel

President of Progress City
Exactly. That's the formula point I was getting at. As @LittleGiants16 said, five of the six most-visited parks are modeled around the successful format of Magic Kingdom, but its' contents are innovated and new rides or experiences for these MK parks, I believe, are constructed to a. complement and fit the areas, as well to bring something new and special while staying "inside the box", let's say (the box meaning the themes we've come to know and love, some of the best attractions have come this way: look at New Fantasyland, Splash Mountain, and even the latest Test Track and the original Imagination) and b. to entice guests to pay and visit. Go have fun, but hopefully our input will benefit your team.

@RMichael21 I'll send out our PM as well to Matt and LittleGiants so we can brainstorm and get to work.

Good luck to everyone, can't wait to see what we all create!
Very true and to the point. Atleast one part needs to follow the successful design of the Magic Kingdom/Disneyland park. However what makes every resort stand out besides that Magical central park is that most of the parks try to do something that has never been done before in a Disney park (Most of the times Hollywood Studios and Disney Studios being the difference)
I am liking this project so far.

MonorailRed

Applebees
An ode to @MonorailRed and her lack of participation in this project:

My dearest Red,
Where did you go?
You used to be here,
But not no mo'.

Oh Red, oh Red,
Are you having fun?
Running around
Outside in the sun!

Away from you computer
it does appear,
You not returning
I do fear.

Red, my sweet,
Please come back.
I don't want to talk to
@MonorailBlack

Red, yes Red,
Can't you,
Especially me.

I hope to not read
"Here lies Red,
A great big rock
Fell on her head."

O dearest Red,
Please return.
Many more pm's
That would spurn.

Red, yes Red,
Can't you see
We all miss you,
Especially me.

(Note: this was intended to be a joke. If it's not funny, please laugh anyway.)

I'm a little busy to be involved right now, but I can peer into the conversation with my two cents….

tumblr_lqefia7z6R1qdpbdu.gif

Very true and to the point. Atleast one part needs to follow the successful design of the Magic Kingdom/Disneyland park. However what makes every resort stand out besides that Magical central park is that most of the parks try to do something that has never been done before in a Disney park (Most of the times Hollywood Studios and Disney Studios being the difference)

I'm actually into the divisions of lands…. But I think that they need to be marketed as mini-lands a-la Storybook Circus, and they also need to have some basics that you know your still in Adventureland… Like I think you should have the same style rocks, ect… But, on the other hand… why do you have to name them all separate? I think the devils in the detail… you can divide it without calling it separate areas… Less guest Confusion…

I don't think Heroes Harbor belongs in Adventureland… I think it should be it's own thing, or in Fantasyland, or even part of another park.

Back to Adventureland, Another option would be having the Jungle Cruise involved, since it's an exploration through several rivers, you could do something similar to Hong Kong's Jungle Cruise… Have Rafts or bridges to several themed lands and divide them that way…. Sort of like Animal Kingdom… Have bridges take you somewhere else. That way, no clashing themes, with there still being some unity.

Also, Monsters Inc. could potentially fit into Shadowlands to provide something more light-hearted for the area.

o_O I think it's really a stretch.....I know DCA was considering a Monsters Inc themed "Spook House" like the classic ones. That's the only way I could see it mesh…

Remember, don't wanna Add to Much to a "Liberty Square" Area… It's small…

Now, what would be cool would be a "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" Style interactive thing going on between Heroes Harbor and the Shadowlands…. I'd really even prefer maybe those two areas being close together, with maybe a lagoon separating the lands with a "World of Color" type show fighting Good Against Evil there. Sort of an extra show like DLR's Fantasmic!

That reminds me… I've Always wanted to see a "Headless Horseman" and "Mr. Toad" ride try to mesh together… Maybe something as a Fantasyland/Shadowland go between? :confused:

Personally, I love Frontier and Tomorrowland… Can't want to see what you guys do with that…

Another question, are you guys doing "Phases" to the resort? I think it'd be cool to see it grow. :D

Well that'd my thoughts… Again, just thinking out loud, boys. If you want to add me to the PM's go ahead, I don't mind. :D I'd really like to see what you guys are doing.

mahnamahna101

Well to be honest, it's not too different from the Magic Kingdom design. There's Main Street, the castle, hub and spoke design, Adventureland is there, Fantasyland is there, Tomorrowland is there, Outback is a form of Frontierland, while Shadowlands is really the only truly different part. The main distinction is that each of the 3 lands with spokes would be divided into 3 sections. This would just make designing each area simpler and provide for a more focused vision. What's wrong with expanding on Adventureland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland? It allows for superior execution.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Well to be honest, it's not too different from the Magic Kingdom design. There's Main Street, the castle, hub and spoke design, Adventureland is there, Fantasyland is there, Tomorrowland is there, Outback is a form of Frontierland, while Shadowlands is really the only truly different part. The main distinction is that each of the 3 lands with spokes would be divided into 3 sections. This would just make designing each area simpler and provide for a more focused vision. What's wrong with expanding on Adventureland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland? It allows for superior execution.
I wasn't suggesting that it wasn't. I was just stating that in the designing this main park you need to maintain the hub like design and a similarity to what works. :D

mahnamahna101

I'm a little busy to be involved right now, but I can peer into the conversation with my two cents….

tumblr_lqefia7z6R1qdpbdu.gif

I'm actually into the divisions of lands…. But I think that they need to be marketed as mini-lands a-la Storybook Circus, and they also need to have some basics that you know your still in Adventureland… Like I think you should have the same style rocks, ect… But, on the other hand… why do you have to name them all separate? I think the devils in the detail… you can divide it without calling it separate areas… Less guest Confusion…

I don't think Heroes Harbor belongs in Adventureland… I think it should be it's own thing, or in Fantasyland, or even part of another park.

Back to Adventureland, Another option would be having the Jungle Cruise involved, since it's an exploration through several rivers, you could do something similar to Hong Kong's Jungle Cruise… Have Rafts or bridges to several themed lands and divide them that way…. Sort of like Animal Kingdom… Have bridges take you somewhere else. That way, no clashing themes, with there still being some unity.

o_O I think it's really a stretch.....I know DCA was considering a Monsters Inc themed "Spook House" like the classic ones. That's the only way I could see it mesh…

Remember, don't wanna Add to Much to a "Liberty Square" Area… It's small…

Now, what would be cool would be a "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" Style interactive thing going on between Heroes Harbor and the Shadowlands…. I'd really even prefer maybe those two areas being close together, with maybe a lagoon separating the lands with a "World of Color" type show fighting Good Against Evil there. Sort of an extra show like DLR's Fantasmic!

That reminds me… I've Always wanted to see a "Headless Horseman" and "Mr. Toad" ride try to mesh together… Maybe something as a Fantasyland/Shadowland go between? :confused:

Personally, I love Frontier and Tomorrowland… Can't want to see what you guys do with that…

Another question, are you guys doing "Phases" to the resort? I think it'd be cool to see it grow. :D

Well that'd my thoughts… Again, just thinking out loud, boys. If you want to add me to the PM's go ahead, I don't mind. :D I'd really like to see what you guys are doing.
Hero's Harbor might be better in Fantasyland... that I agree... replacement for Mickeyville? and maybe Neverland gets it own mini-land in place of Hero's Harbor for Adventureland?

A Monsters Inc. Spook House might be a great way to transition between Dumbo's Circus and Shadowlands. I like your show idea! And Sleepy Hollow could definitely be closer to Fantasyland... figuring out how to lay out the four sections within Fantasyland might be difficult! That's for the PMs I guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom