Do you like your first name?

Camelot

As a kid, when I had to chose a confirmation name, I wanted "Suzie", but alas, there were no Saint Suzie's...So Catherine became my confirmation name, which I use now as my legal middle name. :D

CrisKennedy

I guess I like my first name...I never really thought about it....
My first name is Crystal and my middle name is Lee...
I hate my middle name...It sounds very southern...but I guess I can't complain...I did grow up in the south...
My confirmation name was Thérèse for Saint Thérèse of Lisieux

Names for my future children:
Girls:
Brenna (or Briana) Catherine
Peyton Elizabeth
Caitlin Marie

Boys:
Thomas (after my husband) Michael
William Xavier

Coronado

I do NOT like my first name..... that's why I go by my middle name... (Keith)... who wants to be named Richard?????
Now you can call me Rick..... or you can call me ________.... or you can call me R.K. or you can call me R.K.B..... but you doesn't have to call me Richard.... as in "Open the dooooor........Richhharrrrd!"

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
What I wanna name my kids-In no partciualr order

Kate Leslie

Claire Audrey

Hollie Jayne

Boys-

Riley Nolen

Nicholas James

Aiden Micheal

Bagheera

Well, I'm comfortable with my first name (Mark), don't really love it or hate it. My middle name (Howard), however, I really don't like.

My last name is frequently mispronounced, which helps me to easily identify telemarketers. :lol: (If you want to know what it is, it's in the header for the article I just had published at MousePlanet. It's a bit of fluff, but it's a start...)

If you check out the article, you'll see my son Joshua Isaac in the photo with me. My first (late) son was named Benjamin Jacob.

On a side note, since Steve's asked us to keep our sigs short, I'm dumping the Loopy Bubblenose. It's not nearly as good as Chim-Chim Liverkisser, anyway!

Maria

Mark,

I don´t see the diffculty in your lastname! I guess the "a" is pronounced like in Spanish, so I hope I am right.

Nice article!! Well said! Do you know Steve Soares personally? He really does a great job with those schedules! He was a very familiar face in Epcot on evenings and saturdays! :animwink:

Bagheera

Actually, my family pronounces it "Gold-hay-ber." It probably was "Gold-hob-er" originally, since my great-grandfather came over from Austria, but I'm not sure whether it was him or my grandfather that changed it to hay-ber.

Thanks for the compliment, Maria! I have actually never met Steve Soares, but I love using his site, and I recommend it to many people. (I guess I just recommended it to a whole lot more, huh?) I even keep it synched on my Palm with AvantGo, so that I can have the schedules for all parks with me in the park even if I can't find my entertainment guides. :) I think I mentioned that as a requirement for me to give up my Palm for the Destination Disney version in one of the Pal Mickey threads. Steve's schedules and Deb's menus rule!

Maria

Originally posted by Bagheera
Actually, my family pronounces it "Gold-hay-ber." It probably was "Gold-hob-er" originally, since my great-grandfather came over from Austria, but I'm not sure whether it was him or my grandfather that changed it to hay-ber.

Thanks for the compliment, Maria! I have actually never met Steve Soares, but I love using his site, and I recommend it to many people. (I guess I just recommended it to a whole lot more, huh?) I even keep it synched on my Palm with AvantGo, so that I can have the schedules for all parks with me in the park even if I can't find my entertainment guides. :) I think I mentioned that as a requirement for me to give up my Palm for the Destination Disney version in one of the Pal Mickey threads. Steve's schedules and Deb's menus rule!

I always post links to his site too! LOL :lol: You can find him hanging out at the Mexican Pavillion while the Mariachi plays inside! There is also a couple of retired people who go there almost everyday to listen to them too. Very cool! :animwink:

Bagheera

Originally posted by Maria
I always post links to his site too! LOL :lol: You can find him hanging out at the Mexican Pavillion while the Mariachi plays inside! There is also a couple of retired people who go there almost everyday to listen to them too. Very cool! :animwink:

I wish I could be at Epcot (or anywhere at WDW) every day! For right now, I'll have to make do with vacations until I retire some day and become a greeter CM. If our expenses weren't so high, I'd consider doing that right now! :)

Of course, I'd probably pick a variety of acts to be a groupie of....

Maria

Originally posted by Bagheera
Of course, I'd probably pick a variety of acts to be a groupie of....

LOL! I was a groupie of Mariachi, Rondó Veneziano, Tzigantzi, Off Kilter, etc.... When I worked as an ambassador, I had to walk around the promenade fr my whole shift, so I scheduled my rounds to catch all the live entertainment around WSC. I had a blast! :D

WDWSwashbuckler

My first name is Paul... crap... I really don't like my name, it's just too normal. I really wish my name was Amadeus.. hee hee, don't ask.. And my last name is Miller, which everybody can pronounce and everything, so that's ok. Although, I wish it stayed the way it originally was.. Müller

My name is Lara. My Mum named me after a character in her favourite film "Doctor Zhivago".

I resented the name all through my school and college years, but with the introduction of one Lara Croft I started to like it a bit more.

It's my ambition to find a guy named (something) Croft so that I will actually be Lara Croft ha ha. Not that anyone would believe me anyway!!! :)

Now there seems to be loads of Laras on TV and that, but it is still an unusual name.

If I ever have a baby boy, I might carry on the tradition and call him Elliot, after Elliot in "E.T."!! Good job my favourite film isn't Lord Of The Rings (well, it's my second fav).

"Come on Frodo. Your tea's ready"

:lol:

SnowWhite5669

I like my first name but hate the fact that people spell it wrong all the time. It's S H E R R I !!! My maiden name was the killer, picture being 4 or 5 and trying to spell a last name like Centracchio!!! My married name is much shorter but people constantly spell that wrong too!! Lately I have been using my middle name in business letters, etc. It makes my name more unique... Sherri Lynn:animwink:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by dadisneynutter
My first name is Paul... crap... I really don't like my name, it's just too normal. I really wish my name was Amadeus.. hee hee, don't ask.. And my last name is Miller, which everybody can pronounce and everything, so that's ok. Although, I wish it stayed the way it originally was.. Müller

(You wanna be called Amadeus so the girls could sing that ever-so-popular song (which is probably before your time hehe))

ROCK ME AMADEUS!

(for those of you who don't know...my name is Brian)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
I like my first name but hate the fact that people spell it wrong all the time. It's S H E R R I !!! My maiden name was the killer, picture being 4 or 5 and trying to spell a last name like Centracchio!!! My married name is much shorter but people constantly spell that wrong too!! Lately I have been using my middle name in business letters, etc. It makes my name more unique... Sherri Lynn:animwink:
LOL! I always have the same problem! Everyone wants to spell my name Daryl,but it is Darrel!:lol:

Lhriangel

I really like my first name. It's unique, it's pretty and in fact I've never met anyone who had the same name as me really. :)

Middle and Last names though.. eicks!!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by celticdog
Bwian...

No..... Brian

Insuwence...swtrike him centerwion.

(Just a little Monty Python reference)

Now, how could a guy named Brian ever make it through life without seeing that movie? hehe

Alms for an ex leper....

I just settled down for dinner and said to me wife, this piece of Halibut is good enough for Jehovah

HE SAID IT!!!

THUMP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom