Do you get the feeling universal is one step ahead of Disney

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I think it could be easy to argue DS does this, and better. I far prefer the DS dining options vs City Walk's. While they have a few unique restaurants, I can get a Moes burrito anywhere.

DS also has far better street entertainment at night, imo.

You can also get Blaze Pizza on Alafaya Trail. DS definitely beats CW in the shopping category though.

disneygeek90

You can also get Blaze Pizza on Alafaya Trail. DS definitely beats CW in the shopping category though.
True, but Blaze Pizza is not nearly as widespread as a Moes. I hadn't even heard of them until they came to Disney. I’m not saying every restaurant in DS is unique. It’s not. But they are places you don’t find down the street from your house or on every corner.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
True, but Blaze Pizza is not nearly as widespread as a Moes. I hadn't even heard of them until they came to Disney. I’m not saying every restaurant in DS is unique. It’s not. But they are places you don’t find down the street from your house.

Don't get me wrong, CW absolutely should replace the burger bar, Moes, and Panda Express.

Tom Morrow

Only Town Center at Disney Springs is an outdoor mall, making up about 1/4th of all of Disney Springs. And guess what? It's still more beautiful than the other outdoor malls in the area. The rest of Disney Springs now has a cohesive theme of a gentrified, rejuvenated urban town center, and it's beautiful all around. Citywalk is flashy randomness, yes it's still pretty itself, even at night, but it isn't on the same level. The concept was new and fresh in 1999 but today there are upscale shopping and dining complexes similar to it popping up all over. For example, I-Drive 360 or "restaurant row" on Sand Lake road.

Let's not pretend that Citywalk is some epicenter for adult nightlife either. They have a few clubs and bars.

Sorry, plants that light is not exciting. And I would hope the land is exciting given the amount of time it took. But a 5 minute river journey with an anticipated 2 plus hour wait and flying on a bird.. yea that is really exciting lol
Yep, if only we had the excitement of racing Jimmy Fallon to anticipate. Or literally Reign of Kong but now with cars (F&F).

Pandora is beautiful and probably even more beautiful at night. Sorry you hate looking at beautifully crafted landscapes.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Toothsome is outstanding, imo. I've been there twice and love the flatbreads.

I still need to get there, I walk by it once or twice a week but it has been too busy.

Yep, if only we had the excitement of racing Jimmy Fallon to anticipate. Or literally Reign of Kong but now with cars (F&F).

Pandora is beautiful and probably even more beautiful at night. Sorry you hate looking at beautifully crafted landscapes.

Do you want to build a boat ride?
I just want to build a boat ride.

disneygeek90

I still need to get there, I walk by it once or twice a week but it has been too busy.

Both times I’ve gone I think has been between an hour to an hour and a half wait. So go in with that in mind. However, they will take your phone number and text you when it’s ready, so I went around the corner and had a beer at the outside bar till I was called.

disney4life2008

Disney Springs has sadly become an overpriced and underwhelming outlet mall competitor. It used to be wonderful, but now it's best just avoided.

When it was Downtown Disney, I could spend hours there. Between the world of disney and all of the unique stores and food, I was hooked. But about 4 years ago when suddenly and influx of cars and people started coming, it became unbearable. Now that I live in Orlando, disney springs is a bore. I can get the same food and entertainment anywhere in Orlando. And any walmart sells disney merchandise, better yet so does Dollar Tree.

I think it could be easy to argue DS does this, and better. I far prefer the DS dining options vs City Walk's. While they have a few unique restaurants, I can get a Moes burrito anywhere.

DS also has far better street entertainment at night, imo.

I do agree that CW is stuck in the 1990s.

And its cheaper on Alafaya and less crowded. I am go there after work lol.

Don't get me wrong, CW absolutely should replace the burger bar, Moes, and Panda Express.

This is clearly from the 90s and 2000's; however, the reality, people are more likely to go to Moes or Panda Express vs. the high end equivalents at DS.

Only Town Center at Disney Springs is an outdoor mall, making up about 1/4th of all of Disney Springs. And guess what? It's still more beautiful than the other outdoor malls in the area. The rest of Disney Springs now has a cohesive theme of a gentrified, rejuvenated urban town center, and it's beautiful all around. Citywalk is flashy randomness, yes it's still pretty itself, even at night, but it isn't on the same level. The concept was new and fresh in 1999 but today there are upscale shopping and dining complexes similar to it popping up all over. For example, I-Drive 360 or "restaurant row" on Sand Lake road.

Let's not pretend that Citywalk is some epicenter for adult nightlife either. They have a few clubs and bars.

Sorry, Disney springs is not more beautiful than any other outdoor mall in Orlando or state of Florida. It is comparable but not better. DS is beautiful but so is other malls here.

Beautifully crafted landscapes that are FAKE with lights is not exciting son. What are you not understanding?

Sometimes I feel like Dorothy Zabornak lol

disneygeek90

When it was Downtown Disney, I could spend hours there. Between the world of disney and all of the unique stores and food, I was hooked. But about 4 years ago when suddenly and influx of cars and people started coming, it became unbearable. Now that I live in Orlando, disney springs is a bore. I can get the same food and entertainment anywhere in Orlando. And any walmart sells disney merchandise, better yet so does Dollar Tree.

I do agree that CW is stuck in the 1990s.

This is clearly from the 90s and 2000's; however, the reality, people are more likely to go to Moes or Panda Express vs. the high end equivalents at DS.

Sorry, Disney springs is not more beautiful than any other outdoor mall in Orlando or state of Florida. It is comparable but not better. DS is beautiful but so is other malls here.

Beautifully crafted landscapes that are FAKE with lights is not exciting son. What are you not understanding?

I also live in Orlando. I still enjoy DS, but to each their own. I can get lost in co-op marketplace forever.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Both times I’ve gone I think has been between an hour to an hour and a half wait. So go in with that in mind. However, they will take your phone number and text you when it’s ready, so I went around the corner and had a beer at the outside bar till I was called.

That's my experience as well, but I was too hungry to wait and just moved on. I thought you could make reservations online, but this new website Universal released doesn't seem to have that information anymore.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

And to some mooching around a fake alley\town is equally unapealling. To each their own. Imo both places have good and bad and it would be nice for both to raise their games and bring in new tech etc.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

I've been up that way a few times myself.

I hate malls myself but Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia are much nicer places to just shop.

disney4life2008

I've been up that way a few times myself.

I hate malls myself but Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia are much nicer places to just shop.

Honestly, Millenia has better food. I would rather spend $40 at cheesecake factory where I can get a drink, entree, and cheesecake vs $60 on a drink, a little steak and maybe a side.

disneygeek90

My only issue is that it is too big. And honestly, I prefer going to Millenia than Disney springs but that is the problem with living here lol
Are you speaking of DS in general? It can be quite a haul if you’re walking from rainforest to Splitsville, but I do like the added pathways that have helped disperse the crowds. Plus, I like to think of it as walking off my beers while I’m there.:D

Incomudro

And to some mooching around a fake alley\town is equally unapealling. To each their own. Imo both places have good and bad and it would be nice for both to raise their games and bring in new tech etc.

And again with the "exciting" term. :rolleyes:
Some things are actually meant be beautiful, thoughtful, and calming.
I work in Brooklyn (for over 30 years), and commute through Manhattan.
There's excitement there, but not much beauty.
I don't go to Disney Springs for excitement.
Don't go to AK for excitement.
If that's what your after, you're looking in the wrong place.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Honestly, Millenia has better food. I would rather spend $40 at cheesecake factory where I can get a drink, entree, and cheesecake vs $60 on a drink, a little steak and maybe a side.

Millenia does have some decent options. Generally around Orlando there are just so many great places to eat.

Have you been to la Madeleine Country French Cafe @ Florida Mall yet?

disney4life2008

Are you speaking of DS in general? It can be quite a haul if you’re walking from rainforest to Splitsville, but I do like the added pathways that have helped disperse the crowds. Plus, I like to think of it as walking off my beers while I’m there.:D

Honestly, when the weather was cooler I always had plans to go to disney springs and spend an evening there but it ever happened. I guess the other problem is I am guided by my stomach but many of the restaurants and food I can get in the city of orlando for cheap lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom