Do you Gain or Lose Weight When You Visit WDW?

Do you Gain or Lose Weight when you go to WDW?

• Total voters

rsoxguy

I lose weight. The miles of daily walking, combined with my disdain for much of the food offerings in the parks, make for a bit of a weight loss utopia. I only lose roughly 2-3 pounds, but I never gain weight when visiting WDW for a few days in a row.

s&k'smom

I do believe last time I gained a couple of pounds unfortunately I could feel my food compulsions kick in but easily took it off with some intense exercise so I don't tend to worry to much. I eat and eat and enjoy, though I must admit at the end of the week I'm feeling pretty stuffed because I tend to eat food I don't usually. But it's so much fun!!!!!

bgraham34

On this past trip the first few days I actually was losing weight because I was sweating everything out. Then We started to slow down and do some swimming at the resort towards the end of the trip and I started to gain weight.

FettFan

I lose weight. Between all of the walking and the fact that I shrug off soda in favor of my own Nalgene water bottles.

Besides, soda at WDW is far too expensive. $2.50 for a 20oz bottle of Coke? No way. If I want a Coke that badly, I'll just make a five-minute drive off property to the nearest drug or grocery store.

EDIT -- I also don't go crazy with the sweet treats.

Sweet Melissa

I usually maintain. What I have to watch is the couple weeks after the trip, when I come home and want to eat like I was on vacation without the benefit of walking 8-12 miles a day.

JIMINYCR

I always lose a bit from increasing my walking before the trip, to prepare myself. Then even with all I snack, splurge on, the walking in the parks from morning to night keeps the pounds off. I've never returned home gaining or losing. I stay pretty even.

DDuckFan130

I've been on Weight Watchers for over a year (30 lbs lost...kinda stuck there actually since June with fluctuations, a trip to WDW for 4th of July and a trip to Boston for a week haha). Anyway, I've taken many trips to WDW since I started and the most I've ever gained is 2 lbs, and some trips I see no difference and a couple I have lost. I don't think the walking makes up for some of the food I eat, but I try to watch my portion sizes and choices when I can. I think something like a meatloaf meal at 50s Prime Time is a better choice than the fried chicken meal for instance. I don't really "snack," and when I do I share with someone in my family.

The one or two times I did lose, I realized I was in a rut and did go for that "to hell with it" mentality and ate whatever I wanted. I think that gave my system/metabolism/whatever a jolt and made a difference that week. I have some more trips coming up so my experiments continue :)

LoriMistress

I always lose weight when I visit a Disney Parks. I normally lose an average 10-15lbs. The main reason is because of all the walking. I gain it all back within 1-2 weeks though. And that makes me a sad panda.

gwhb75

Both times we did the DDP I gained no less than 10 lbs even with all the walking. When not on the DDP I generally gained more like 2-5 lbs.

Weight is something I fight with every day. At home I mostly watch what I eat, cook carefully, exercise regularly, etc. On vacation in the past I let myself be on vacation entirely. Trying to shift away from that. On our upcoming 3-night cruise getaway I'm going to change this up a bit and stick with my running schedule. :)

I'm the same way. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Just got back yesterday from 10 days (on the normal dining plan) and gained about 6 lbs. Normally I'll be able to drop that again in about two weeks, but it's still a surprise when you factor in all the walking and the fact that we didn't really eat any snacks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm the same way. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Just got back yesterday from 10 days (on the normal dining plan) and gained about 6 lbs. Normally I'll be able to drop that again in about two weeks, but it's still a surprise when you factor in all the walking and the fact that we didn't really eat any snacks.
I, too, stuggle with weight. But, I've not had that problem, but I also never use all my snack credits either...they are mostly for the kid. This past trip, I lost weight, but she gained, but only towards the end of the trip. Then again, she's about to hit another growth spurt...so I didn't read much into it.

pontiacguy84

Last time I went I had some sort of sinus throat thing, all i drank was water, soda made my throat all flemmy. So between no soda and all the walking, I came home weighing less than when I left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom