Disney's Hollywood Studios testing restrictions on FastPass+ selections

ExtinctJenn

Frankly ignoring the majority of the 4 pages of banter here, to be sure I understand, if you already happened to make FP+ selections for multiple attractions in group 1 you aren't going to be impacted right? No automatic switch to your selections or forced change right?

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I'm probably more likely to snort a line of pixie dust than ever be labled a doom and gloomer. That being said, this system really screams to me that I am getting less for my $. We know how to use the old paper fastpass system to get the most out of it. I am now getting less of that product for the same amount, or to be realistic, more $ than I spent on previous trips. I just forsee a scenario where they are going to offer me the level of experience and fastpasses I previously enjoyed as a costly add-on. Rediscover the level of magic you once knew for only $xxx per person per day. I don't mind the scheduling and planning, I do that naturally by the nature of my personality. But I don't like the idea of them offering significantly less of what I want while raising prices and creating glitches that didn't previously exist. “Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right."

lazyboy97o

Frankly ignoring the majority of the 4 pages of banter here, to be sure I understand, if you already happened to make FP+ selections for multiple attractions in group 1 you aren't going to be impacted right? No automatic switch to your selections or forced change right?
I would not be surprised to see people with existing reservations find themselves having trouble.

ExtinctJenn

I would not be surprised to see people with existing reservations find themselves having trouble.
Our first full day on property is at DHS and we have FP+ selections for RNR, TSMM and Fantasmic!. I got my picks in before they changed the rule so I certainly hope not. I'm thinking, similar to what they've done with the ADR cancellation policy, it's only those who make selections after it's implemented. On MDE it still shows I have those three so I guess I'll find out in a little more than 2 weeks. :)

lazyboy97o

Our first full day on property is at DHS and we have FP+ selections for RNR, TSMM and Fantasmic!. I got my picks in before they changed the rule so I certainly hope not. I'm thinking, similar to what they've done with the ADR cancellation policy, it's only those who make selections after it's implemented. On MDE it still shows I have those three so I guess I'll find out in a little more than 2 weeks. :)
Even if they honor them I could see something like it not letting you check-in because you already visited a Tier 1 attraction. Just a complete guess on my part, but not something that would surprise me.

EvilQueen-T

I'm sure that they were trying to come up with a better system then the regular FP. I know lots of people love that system but lots of people hate it as well. People complained that rides like TSMM ran out to quickly or they got stuck behind someone from a tour group running 50+ tickets through the machine or they couldn't get a time that didn't interfere with an ADR or some other plan.

I'm not saying the attempt has been successfull or not as I think that will depend on the end result and what additional changes are made over the next few months.

we did our first test of fp+ w the magic bands at the end of october and where we use to risk getting stuck behind someone getting a bunch of paper fps like you mentioned now you get to wait twice as each person scans their bands (once at the entrance of the ride and the second time where the regular and fp lines merge...now you either get yours to swirl until it turns green (best case scenario) or you stand behind someone who puts band up...nothing happens, cm tells them try again, maybe it finally swirls and changes green maybe not (= more instruction from cm), then their kid gets there and it takes more than one instruction on stand still, put the head of mickey from your band against the scanner...etc...you get the idea. At one point we had a cm just waiving people through on btm because the fp line was backing up so bad. much quicker when they just took the entire groups paper fps from the first person in the group. i'm ok with the basic idea of mb and fp+ but not how it's being executed.

EvilQueen-T

me too...our first day is nov 22nd at dhs. our fp+ selections were made before they announced the change. mde still shows tsm, tot, and rnrc as our 3 picks. i took pics of the info and put it on my iphone as a back up...couldn't hurt.

PolynesianPrincess

Even if they honor them I could see something like it not letting you check-in because you already visited a Tier 1 attraction. Just a complete guess on my part, but not something that would surprise me.

We had no issues with our FP and we used them after the introduction of the Epcot tiers. We didn't even know about the new tiers because we were at the parks. I read about it here when I got back. I have a feeling if they did force people who already selected attractions to change that there would be some severe backlash.

darthspielberg

I've read that the plan is to honor all FP selections made before the introduction of the tiers. I made FP+ selections for Epcot before the introduction of the tiers, and those haven't changed or been deleted, and I also have some HS ones that don't follow the tiers.

It also seems that you will be able to edit your selections without fear of the tiers effecting you if you made your selections prior. The only time will you be forced to use the tiers having made prior choices is if you cancel the entire group of selections. Then you will have to go by the tier plan.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
we did our first test of fp+ w the magic bands at the end of october and where we use to risk getting stuck behind someone getting a bunch of paper fps like you mentioned now you get to wait twice as each person scans their bands (once at the entrance of the ride and the second time where the regular and fp lines merge...now you either get yours to swirl until it turns green (best case scenario) or you stand behind someone who puts band up...nothing happens, cm tells them try again, maybe it finally swirls and changes green maybe not (= more instruction from cm), then their kid gets there and it takes more than one instruction on stand still, put the head of mickey from your band against the scanner...etc...you get the idea. At one point we had a cm just waiving people through on btm because the fp line was backing up so bad. much quicker when they just took the entire groups paper fps from the first person in the group. i'm ok with the basic idea of mb and fp+ but not how it's being executed.

The sad fact is the MAB's could have been GREAT and enhanced guest experience... Sigh

(MAB - Mouse Arrest Bands AKA MagicBand)

ninjaprincesst

It just seems no matter what they do someone is not happy. Everyone was griping and complaining that all the fast pass were gone by 9:30, so they try to make it better and everyone gripes and complains. I really don't know what it will take to please everyone.

ParentsOf4

It just seems no matter what they do someone is not happy. Everyone was griping and complaining that all the fast pass were gone by 9:30, so they try to make it better and everyone gripes and complains. I really don't know what it will take to please everyone.
Adding exciting new lands and attractions will please everyone.

All FP+ does is change how the pie is divided. There will be winners; there will be losers.

WDW spent $2B for this project without actually growing WDW and, as a result, some guests will actually be worse off than they were before.

Grow the pie and everyone wins.

Club Cooloholic

Adding exciting new lands and attractions will please everyone.

All FP+ does is change how the pie is divided. There will be winners; there will be losers.

WDW spent $2B for this project without actually growing WDW and, as a result, some guests will actually be worse off than they were before.

Grow the pie and everyone wins.
Just wait till the the folks staying in the pricier resorts start getting 2 or more Group One FPs vs the 1 the mods and allstars will get.

disney4life2008

I agree that it is a pain to keep digging out my smartphone to make sure I had the time of our FP's right. Not to mention the drain on my battery it was. My phone died on Sunday by 8pm and I didn't want to spend any of my park time having to recharge my phone. With my old phone I had a battery pack I could turn on, but not everyone has those. The whole FP+ thing just ticks me off. I can't stand it and I've used it twice so I've had first hand experience! So I am able to say that I've done it and it's just a pain.

I appreciate the charging stations but try getting on during prime times - you are out of luck. Between the teens charging their iphones and uploading pictures and everyone else sitting by the chargers - its impossible.

PolynesianPrincess

They will never please everyone and they know that. But I see FAR more complaining about the new FP+ system than the old one. No one wants to plan their entire vacation out. That takes the leisure out of it. At least with the old paper FP if you didn't want to ride Space Mountain, you could choose a FP for Peter Pan's Flight instead and walk on over and get one (as long as they were not completely gone) Now, if you select Space Mountain as a FP choice 2 months in advance and decide day of to change it, chances you're going to get another Tier 1 FP to replace Space (which is also a Tier 1) is slim to none. Trading Space for It's A Small World is hardly a fair trade off..... I think they will keep tweaking with it until it works for most everyone. There will still be some people who will never be happy with it no matter what though.

EvilQueen-T

Just wait till the the folks staying in the pricier resorts start getting 2 or more Group One FPs vs the 1 the mods and allstars will get.

I hope they don't really go that route...kind of like being on a lower level of the titanic lol. At least with the old system and even with what they're currently doing with fp+ everyone will be on an even playing field if you're a day visitor, or staying longer either on or off property.

Club Cooloholic

I am happy to not have to rush around like a madman to get the FPs, the Toy Story Dash will be a memory. I did have the old system down though and we really worked it well, but I will reserve judgment for the new one till I try it out myself(so very soon!) Something that allows families to stay together instead of split to get the most out of things seems like a winner to me. I think what would make it better is if you could not reserve your passes till say the week before, don't punish us for not buying a vacation a year out, but so far I did not have any issue reserving my times and we only just did it a week or two ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom