Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

jrhwdw

Dang and no nighttime parade announcement 🤣
Of course not! Sigh!!!!!!

However were we really expecting it with Epcot's Celebration of Disney100?

The zero mention of Harm/EF 's Replacement is suspicious I'll admit........

Last edited:

TTA94

Of course not! Sigh!!!!!!

However were we really expecting it with Epcot's Celebration of Disney100?

The zero mention of Harm/EF 's Replacement is suspicious I'll admit........

No we weren’t lol I know it’s a 2024 thing, assuming it still remains a possibility…

Since Disney is all about the right timing with debuting things I think it would be a smart move for WDW to promote/debut both Epcots new show and a nighttime parade in 2024. That we know of there is nothing planned for next year, entertainment wise.

seascape

Has anyone been to the Franklin Institute exhibit? Did you like it? I live a few hours away and we are thinking of making the trip next weekend to check it out.
We went and loved it. You can spend as much time as you want and still want to see more. We went through it twice. The timing was great for us as we did the Flower show on Saturday and the Disney exhibit on Sunday.

Drdcm

We went and loved it. You can spend as much time as you want and still want to see more. We went through it twice. The timing was great for us as we did the Flower show on Saturday and the Disney exhibit on Sunday.
Thanks for the response. I think we’ll check it out then!

Cmdr_Crimson

A lot of the items for the exhibition have been in previous exhibitions like the Treasures of the Disney Archive exhibit. And It is coming back to Chicago eventually. I'm pretty sure the Museum of Science and Industry as it has some history with Walt..

For instance Walt and Ward Kimball visited the museum in 1948 during a train convention and took time to take this photo in the Streets of Yesteryear..
Screenshot_20221216-172519-689.png

There is also an art piece of Mickey and Minnie as the king and Queen of Hearts inside Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle..It's fairly small art piece autographed by Walt Disney and hard to find during a refurbishment. So, they had brought out the art piece to to take a closer look at. It was then put back inside the castle's Great Hall. You have to search for it and technically It's the one of the earliest "Hidden Mickey's" to date.
Photo from museum of Science & Industry
1692314891965.jpeg

Last edited:

Kirby86

Has anyone been to the Franklin Institute exhibit? Did you like it? I live a few hours away and we are thinking of making the trip next weekend to check it out.
I found it enjoyable kind of wanted to go back but I've been way to busy to make it back.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, we went last week and really enjoyed it. It was pretty crowded so we didn't stop to read every sign, but we still spent around 1 1/2 hours going through it. It has sections covering the early history of the studio, animation, movies, nature programming, the parks, music, etc. Also, if you have never been to the Franklin Institute the rest of the museum is worth a visit. One of the coolest artifacts was an draft of the "Here You Leave Today And Enter The World Of Yesterday" plaque marked up by Walt. It's amazing to see the attention he paid to even this small detail.

PXL_20230812_145755687.jpg

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I have also went 2 times now. We are members so I get down the city a lot. It’s a wonderful exhibition and well worth the time! Try and go!
I did post pictures a few months back. Just a few to give people a taste of what it was like. Think I posted a video also of the entrance? I’m old so forgive my memory.😂

Cmdr_Crimson

For you Chicagoians the exhibition is arriving on Nov 18th for Mickey's Birthday...However, it isn't at the Museum of Science and Industry this time sadly....It's at the Exhibition Art Center in Bucktown facing the Kennedy Expressway...

Now, I for one am happy that it's coming...But, that location tho.......
f0ad02e4-b946-4454-b016-56a6eb36429e_text.gif

It would have been better being at MSI instead..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom