Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

GiveMeTheMusic

Meh, it's not the first time a name has been reused, and Animazement, while one of my favorites, isn't exactly in the park hall of fame. Enough guests will be unfamiliar with the name, and I think it's definitely meant to be a homage - I know many in DLR entertainment still love the show.

Better than calling it Wishes or something that's been reused a thousand times already. Disney Dreams, Disney Wishes, Disney Remember Your Mom's Dreams Come True, etc - I'm over that stuff at this point.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Better than calling it Wishes or something that's been reused a thousand times already. Disney Dreams, Disney Wishes, Disney Remember Your Mom's Dreams Come True, etc - I'm over that stuff at this point.

LLLMMMMAAAOOOO! Amen! And I'm sick of the word "magical". If I see that pop up anywhere else, I'm going to throw up. I've come to really hate that word.

Travel Junkie

MiceChat is now reporting that the 60th anniversary will be called Disneyland’s Diamond anniversary celebration and will include a kickoff 60 hour party in early 2015. This is in addition to the planned updated FL dark rides, new parade and fireworks that have talked about before.

Disney has officially fallen in love with all night parties.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
MiceChat is now reporting that the 60th anniversary will be called Disneyland’s Diamond anniversary celebration and will include a kickoff 60 hour party in early 2015. This is in addition to the planned updated FL dark rides, new parade and fireworks that have talked about before.

60 HOUR PARTY???????? What the...? If this turns out to be true, I'll be truly flabbergasted. 60 hours?!?!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

60 HOUR PARTY???????? What the...? If this turns out to be true, I'll be truly flabbergasted. 60 hours?!?!

I saw this too - where do I sign up? The 4 of us that went last year to DL are totally up for this!

GiveMeTheMusic

They did it in the 80's for Star Tours' grand opening I think. It's a gimmick that gets crazy media attention each time, it's no wonder they keep doing it again and again.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Oh HECK no - I couldn't do 24 hours - but that's why you go back to your hotel and nap during the day/heat and come out at night to play!

That would be a good plan! I'm with you, I can't last 24 hours either. I remember Grad Nite... After one ride (literally), I was ready to go home. I was exhausted. There's no way I could ever last an entire 24 hours.

Nicole220

Can the attractions and park survive 60 straight hours? I'd expect many attraction downtimes. And the park looking nasty without 3rd shift going in and cleaning it. *gag*

If it's true, I'm putting in my days off now for that lol I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot pole.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Peter Pan will be down from July 21-24. I highly doubt anything new or special can be added in just four days, so I'm expecting this short rehab will just be routine maintenance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom