DisneylandForward

Nland316

Is there really any likelihood that this would not succeed/be fully finalized at the next vote?

Overall the interest and community response seemed overwhelmingly positive.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Random question, or maybe not so much..

if this passes and Disney focuses on Disneyland forward, what would that mean for a potential Tomorrowland redo? Are they gonna be so hyper focused on the new land that they'll ignore current lands that need attention?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Random question, or maybe not so much..

if this passes and Disney focuses on Disneyland forward, what would that mean for a potential Tomorrowland redo? Are they gonna be so hyper focused on the new land that they'll ignore current lands that need attention?
I don't think anyone here can answer with authority, but...... My opinion based on public statements recently made regarding the $60B in investments over the next 10 years indicate that investments would still continue to happen in the existing parks footprint even as expansion happens in the future. So a TL redo is most likely still in the plan at some point.

Disney Analyst

I don't think anyone here can answer with authority, but...... My opinion based on public statements recently made regarding the $60B in investments over the next 10 years indicate that investments would still continue to happen in the existing parks footprint even as expansion happens in the future. So a TL redo is most likely still in the plan at some point.

The question really becomes how do they want to spread the Capex out. If Tomorrowland in their eyes is less priority compared to expansion, they may shift focus to expansion.

All comes down to if and when council approves, and what plans they already have finalized assuming that approval. Disney (I think it was Rachel?) did say last night they already know exactly what they want to do, although of course non-committal on specifics.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The question really becomes how do they want to spread the Capex out. If Tomorrowland in their eyes is less priority compared to expansion, they may shift focus to expansion.

All comes down to if and when council approves, and what plans they already have finalized assuming that approval. Disney (I think it was Rachel?) did say last night they already know exactly what they want to do, although of course non-committal on specifics.

Well given we know there are metrics they must hit in the first 10 years after approval I would assume they do have initial things that will be the focus as part of the expansion project. But I can't see them completely ignoring core DL and DCA, especially with the rumors of Avatar going in HL in DCA. So maybe TL is not a huge priority but it has been a plan they have been almost ready to pull the trigger on multiple times. And that its likely to be a sooner rather than later scenario in my opinion.

D23 this year will be interesting to watch to see what they announce for DLR.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I genuinely do think Tomorrowland will be announced at D23. I don’t have any specific details other than it is an active project being worked on.
I would hope replacing the Monorail fleet would be included in that, maybe even a shared cost with WDW. The DLR fleet needs trains with AC badly. Can't have a TL attraction close down due to heat in summers.

Disney Analyst

I genuinely do think Tomorrowland will be announced at D23. I don’t have any specific details other than it is an active project being worked on.

It will also make sense to time Tomorrowland with Avatar, simply as the monorail is likely needing to be moved for Avatar, and potentially in both areas (if they decide to level Nemo, Autopia, and use the unused motorboat cruise area, and IF Avatar is going in backlot).

Nirya

Is there really any likelihood that this would not succeed/be fully finalized at the next vote?

Overall the interest and community response seemed overwhelmingly positive.
You'd basically need a major political scandal with Disney paying off politicians to break in the next month or so, so unlikely (especially because they seemingly avoided any blowback with the political cartel scandal that also involved the Angels last year).

TheDisneyParksfanC8

It will also make sense to time Tomorrowland with Avatar, simply as the monorail is likely needing to be moved for Avatar, and potentially in both areas (if they decide to level Nemo, Autopia, and use the unused motorboat cruise area, and IF Avatar is going in backlot).
I just hope that Disney uses DL forward to have something ready in time for LA 2028. Having both Avatar and a revamped Tomorrowland would be a one two punch for sure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just hope that Disney uses DL forward to have something ready in time for LA 2028. Having both Avatar and a revamped Tomorrowland would be a one two punch for sure.
Honestly I would be surprised if Avatar gets done by 2028. TL maybe a more realistic project to be done by then, that is if it gets announced in August at D23 and they start construction right away after Tiana and HM projects are completed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t even know what I would want from an updated Tomorrowland, other than de-ugly.
Personally I would lean into the RetroFuturistic look of TL '67 and bring back the PM if possible. Beyond that just some updated attraction that would replace Innoventions, and maybe something to replace Magic Eye. Update Autopia with electric cars, and do something with the Subs. SM would obviously remain the same, with maybe an updated track.

denyuntilcaught

Honestly I would be surprised if Avatar gets done by 2028. TL maybe a more realistic project to be done by then, that is if it gets announced in August at D23 and they start construction right away after Tiana and HM projects are completed.
They could, ya know, just build faster. I would think, simply, the revenue and attendance benefits to having Avatar and/or Tomorrowland open by the Olympics would offset the added cost of expediting construction (or moving simply at a normal, non-Disney snails pace).

But that's logical and we know logic doesn't always apply to these things.

Vegas Disney Fan

They could, ya know, just build faster. I would think, simply, the revenue and attendance benefits to having Avatar and/or Tomorrowland open by the Olympics would offset the added cost of expediting construction (or moving simply at a normal, non-Disney snails pace).

But that's logical and we know logic doesn't always apply to these things.
Judging by the last few years DL doesn’t need anything to increase attendance, it’s always packed.

DCA could definitely benefit from the Avengers e-ticket or Pandora though, I hope they shift their focus to DCA before spending another penny at DL, it’s crazy that they’ve got huge construction projects at HM and Tiana right now (at their packed park) and nothing (relatively speaking) happening at DCA at all. DCA needs work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom