Disneyland Voices Changing - Goodbye Bill Rogers and Camille Dixon

Communicora

Premium Member
Well, the time has come.

I know we've heard a younger male voice in some announcements around Disneyland as of late, so I figured this was coming.

Does anyone have a recording of the new guy? I hope he has the same warm and slightly nostalgic voiceover style.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
whoever the new guy is, i hope his voice has the warmth that jack wagner and bill rogers mastered
When this news came out I started watching some of his interviews and stuff on YouTube and came across the Voices of Disneyland Panel from a few years back and Camille was talking about when she auditioned she tried a different voice and said that Disney is very strict on the cadence and inflections that are required to do the announcements, so that gives me confidence that whomever comes in will be held to to those same standards.

Gosh, I think it might have been you that posted last Christmas about Bill's voice sounding raspy during the processional and I defended him stating that it was probably the cold weather. I've now noticed that his announcements over the past year have been sounding a bit more raspy than in the past. I heard him in a rope drop video last week and he does sound different......old.

I'm sure Bill and Camille would have gladly done this until their last breaths due to them loving it so much, but they had a long run and Disney clearly felt it was time for fresh new younger voices that can be the voices of Disneyland/DCA for the next 30 years.

VJ

When this news came out I started watching some of his interviews and stuff on YouTube and came across the Voices of Disneyland Panel from a few years back and Camille was talking about when she auditioned she tried a different voice and said that Disney is very strict on the cadence and inflections that are required to do the announcements, so that gives me confidence that whomever comes in will be held to to those same standards.

Gosh, I think it might have been you that posted last Christmas about Bill's voice sounding raspy during the processional and I defended him stating that it was probably the cold weather. I've now noticed that his announcements over the past year have been sounding a bit more raspy than in the past. I heard him in a rope drop video last week and he does sound different......old.

I'm sure Bill and Camille would have gladly done this until their last breaths due to them loving it so much, but they had a long run and Disney clearly felt it was time for fresh new younger voices that can be the voices of Disneyland/DCA for the next 30 years.
that was me, yeah! i've been passionate about disney voices (and voice acting in general) since i was a kid so this news is especially disappointing to me. i mean, most of us here have grown up going to the parks and have been hearing their voices for the past 30+ years, so it's a huge change that i really hope disney doesn't take lightly. the "voice of [the] disneyland [resort]" are as much an important part of the disney experience as the rides, parades, fireworks, churros and music - maybe even moreso considering it's the first voice you hear entering the parks in the morning and the last you hear leaving at night

all that said, if the new voice is anything like the one they had as a replacement last year (you can hear a clip here), it might take more getting used to for me - that announcer doesn't have the same smile in his voice that bill rogers did and still does, age and sickness or not. both jack wagner and bill rogers mastered the sort of "friendly uncle" voice - authoritative but in a friendly and sincere way, much like cast members in general, and i really, truly hope the one who comes next will honor that and live up to, if not surpass, that legacy over the past 53 years

SuddenStorm

A few years ago the standard of quality at Disneyland was very different than today. I'm not as optimistic here.

I don't think Disney makes any decisions at the parks with the idea of them lasting 30+ years anymore, as was the case in the '90s.

That said- if the new announcer sounds just like Jack Wagner, or Bill Roger's impersonation of Jack Wagner than it's fine.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
all that said, if the new voice is anything like the one they had as a replacement last year (you can hear a clip here)
Maybe our computer speakers are different, but that completely sounds like Bill to me. It doesn't to you?

VJ

Maybe our computer speakers are different, but that completely sounds like Bill to me. It doesn't to you?
nope! it's younger and slightly flatter than bill's voice, and his inflections are a bit different. they do sound alike but i'm 99% sure it's a different person

VJ

seems the disneyland resort has made a statement: “We are so grateful to all the talented actors – including Bill and Camille – who have shared their voices with our guests throughout the years and thank them for all their contributions.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom