Disneyland Resort in 2017: Marvel TOT retheme in DCA, Fantasmic! 2.0

SpaceMountain75

One of my inside sources has told me what Bob Iger pitched to Walt Disney Creative Entertainment for the new princess section of Fantasmic 2.0.:

The princess barges come in and the medley begins. All my source told me was that Tangled was in it. But then this next part.. Basically, in the middle of it, Elsa's barge takes front and center while the other barges surround her, and the medley ends and "Let It Go" begins. She proceeds to spend the full 3-minute song dancing there as the surrounding princesses accent her. For the finale, snow falls, Elsa has a lightsaber battle with Iron Man and as X-wings fly overhead, the princess medley continues as normal.

The full segment should last about 10 minutes in this 25 minute show.

;)
It's a salute to all princess movies, but, mostly Frozen.

brb1006

That is a little too much mouse showing. :jawdrop:

This would be better:

05396733ff64fd34fe254569531c17ae.jpg
Roger Rabbit is such a lucky rabbit.

Californian Elitist

VJ

Hoping to hear more on the new show eventually. My Fantasmic! fan self is parched for info.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster

Kman101

Looking forward to the changes ... I think ... lol. Loved seeing it on the Rivers of America compared to the stadium at DHS. Really wish Hollywood Studios was as timely as updating. It's been long past time to move on from Pocahontas, even though I appreciate the presence. I imagine we'd get Frozen as well.

SSG

MiceChat did a rumor update and had this about Marvel in DCA:

Marvel Mania
Those new executives have plenty to focus on in 2017. For Patrick and DCA, there is of course the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! attraction slated to open this Memorial Day weekend. The new queue will be elaborate, a half dozen different rock songs will keep riders guessing which version they’ll get each time they ride, and the bizarre new exterior will have Disney fans armchair Imagineering the concept on the Micechat boards for years.

While WDI fleshes out the details on the Marvel hyper-coaster expansion going in behind Mission: Breakout! and currently scheduled to open in 2020, one year after Star Wars Land, Patrick and TDA will be working on shorter-term plans to bring Marvel into the Hollywood area of DCA.

This April the Disney Junior show will have its last performances, as the theater is slated to be reworked into a Marvel themed mega meet n’ greet and performance space. Longtime fans will remember that Disney Junior (originally Playhouse Disney) was shoehorned into that restaurant building back in early 2003, as one of many floundering attempts to salvage DCA’s faceplant opening in 2001.

Elsewhere in the Hollywood Backlot, Anaheim’s entertainment team is working on plans for a Marvel themed daytime street party, which may not duplicate the booze-fueled success of Mad T Party or ElecTRONica, but will at least liven up that sad and abandoned corner of DCA. TDA’s plans to bulldoze the East Esplanade bus loading zones directly north of this area and use it for DCA park expansion continue to gel up at WDI, but it’s the space directly south of Mission: Breakout! that will see the first bit of construction. Since bulldozers and construction equipment will be visible by July, an announcement and some details at D23 Expo is a no brainer.

The Hollywood Studios section of Hollywood Land is a ghost town of closed buildings.

Before D23 Expo and whatever is announced there, the concept of premiering Guardians of the Galaxy II this April in the Hyperion Theater is being thrown around in both Burbank and TDA. The movie opens in theaters May 5th, and the DCA premiere would be in late April, but neither Mission: Breakout or the new Marvel additions in the backlot will be ready by then. That would leave the Hyperion Theater to serve as a rather ugly industrial looking event space with the newly de-tarped and mostly finished Mission: Breakout! looming in the background but still unable to accept riders for the premiere party. Nevertheless, with Anaheim’s track record of hosting very successful movie premiere parties for the last 15 years, DCA’s fake Hollywood area may be taken over by the real Hollywood in late April.

http://micechat.com/149607-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-empty-wallet/

SSG

So if this rumor is true, the configuration of Marvel Land (I think I’m calling it Heroville) is becoming more and more odd. We would have Guardians in the Tower, M&Gs at Disney Jr. (which is right next to Carthay), the Marvel hyper-coaster in the south lot behind the Tower, and a Marvel street party north of the Tower in the back lot. And presumably the Hyperion at the end of the street and the Red Car running through it. Weird.

BrianLo

So they've switched back to the coaster South of ToT (which should allay - or not - some concerns that it is too disjointed). I wonder if the Backlot will be more Marvel or perhaps something else. They seemed purposely coy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom