Disneyland Paris Closing This Weekend

Jwhee

Original Poster
Due to the major terror attacks taking place in Paris on Friday, November the 13th 2015, Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Park will be closed from 11/14-11/15 as of now. France currently in a state of emergency.

Animaniac93-98

Where are you seeing this reported. Website does not report this closure.

I didn't see it there either. Just checked some of the most popular DLP twitter and forums, and no mention of this there either.

I assume Disney (along with the rest of France) is monitoring the situation and will make further decisisons as news comes. At least the attacks have not taken place during a time of day when the theme parks and Disney Village would be open.

EngineJoe

Well that's a bummer. Understandable. But for anyone who planned an overseas vacation for Euro Disney for this weekend it's gotta suck to have Disney closed unexpectedly.

R W B

Well that's a bummer. Understandable. But for anyone who planned an overseas vacation for Euro Disney for this weekend it's gotta suck to have Disney closed unexpectedly.
I was thinking this, about Paris in general but yea the theme parks too. My fiancé and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination and Paris/DLP was/is an option. Just thinking what if we were there on our honeymoon now. Rough times for those who are and those who have lost their lives/loved ones.

brb1006

The last time I heard any Disney Theme Park closed was back in 9/11 when WDW and Disneyland were closed for the day or two.

mharrington

The RATP announced that no trains will be going to DLP, and that the parks will be closed. No official word from DLP.

The website officially confirmed this: http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/.

That is truly awful, what's going on in France. I have a feeling that the border closures or even border controls will negatively impact the parks, even if they do remain open after the 15th. This leads me to believe that France is now closed to literally everything indefinitely, like it was during World War II.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Paris is closing everything, I see no need to keep a tourist destination open during a SOE just so it won't affect people's vacations. Besides, I heard people can't even leave the country so if you're there for the weekend, you can't get out.

coruscant

Just to clarify at the moment the only information here in Paris is that Disneyland is closed only today, 14 November.
No information yet regarding 15 November.

Animaniac93-98

I'm wondering about the people who work and are staying at the six hotels and Davy Crockett Ranch. I can't imagine what the situation would have been like, and continues to be like for them. Is the hotel mostly operating as normal? Can they go home? Would they stay not knowing how long the parks will continue to be closed?

coruscant

Yes the hotels and Disney Village shops are operating normally. The Disney characters are in all hotels and games have been arranged for guest.
The train station is also open (the army is ensuring the security of the station) and trains to Paris and Highspeed trains are running.

For the moment there are still no news regarding tomorrow.

brb1006

Yes the hotels and Disney Village shops are operating normally. The Disney characters are in all hotels and games have been arranged for guest.
This sounds like the 9/11 story at WDW where the characters were greeting children while the parks were closed.

coruscant

The latest news say that the parks will remain closed until Tuesday. This is now being said by the reservation center. However there is no official confirmation of this yet.

DLRP NEWS

Disneyland, the happiest place on earth was empty today. It was a sad day ! I have no word ! I can tell you that it's one of my worst day ever !
I was watching football on TV, suddenly we hear an explosion, then two, the players continue to play in keeping the spectators in the stadium. At 10:52, breaking news on all TV channels, we discover the horror. They annouced 10 deads, 10 minutes later 30 deads. At midnight our president announced 40 deads and some minutes later we learnt that more of 100 innocent were killed.

Sleeping Beauty Castle tonight :
ctzbmxxxiaawgoi-jpg.119221

Attachments

• CTzBmXXXIAAwGoi.jpg
    CTzBmXXXIAAwGoi.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 197

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom