Disneyland Paris Closing This Weekend

prberk

Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris today. Members of the teenage youth group that I lead were today often putting the French flag colors over their profile pages on Facebook. I am not sure they know much about France nor especially the politicalrumblings and tension behind some of the attackers and their relationship to France, but that did not matter to them. They stood in solidarity with the innocent people who were hurt for no good reason.

On this thread I am reminded of the pictures of WDW and DL emptied after the 9/11/01 attacks here in America. It was the right but sad thing to do, to close for the moment for everyone to take a collective breath, to consider the safety factors as well as to reflect.

Just as then, people will have to move past it, but it will more than likely affect and perhaps deepen their perspectives on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
pMX0woK.png

mharrington

Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris today. Members of the teenage youth group that I lead were today often putting the French flag colors over their profile pages on Facebook. I am not sure they know much about France nor especially the politicalrumblings and tension behind some of the attackers and their relationship to France, but that did not matter to them. They stood in solidarity with the innocent people who were hurt for no good reason.

On this thread I am reminded of the pictures of WDW and DL emptied after the 9/11/01 attacks here in America. It was the right but sad thing to do, to close for the moment for everyone to take a collective breath, to consider the safety factors as well as to reflect.

Just as then, people will have to move past it, but it will more than likely affect and perhaps deepen their perspectives on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Back in 2011, the Fukushima earthquake rocked Japan and similarly closed down the Tokyo Disney Resort for a while as well. I believe that was closed for ten days, which is certainly a lot longer than the three days now. But for all we know, the parks may remain closed even longer, after the three-day mourning period ends.

EngineJoe

Back in 2011, the Fukushima earthquake rocked Japan and similarly closed down the Tokyo Disney Resort for a while as well. I believe that was closed for ten days, which is certainly a lot longer than the three days now. But for all we know, the parks may remain closed even longer, after the three-day mourning period ends.

Fukushima's a little different though because the radiation was actually hitting Tokyo and Tokyo Dinseyland. And the Tsunami overran part of the barriers of the perimeter of the park and flooded it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Parks closed until Tuesday.

Resorts are offering refunds or transfer of dates. Either in person, via resort phone or more ideally the DLP reservations phoneline before arrival.

Air France offering transfer of dates.

mharrington

Fukushima's a little different though because the radiation was actually hitting Tokyo and Tokyo Dinseyland. And the Tsunami overran part of the barriers of the perimeter of the park and flooded it.

Yeah, I realize that the closures were for very different reasons, but they were both in response to things that could negatively impact human life.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Wow. This kind of thing really puts into perspective the magnitude of what happened. I hope DLP and ALL of Paris will come out of this tragedy stronger.

coruscant

A minute of silence was respected today also at Disneyland Paris where only Cast Members can enter the parks.

I think the parks will remain close tomorrow but not entirely sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom