'Disneyland feels classist now' - article LA Times

CaptainJackNO

Enjoy!

Let me know if you have trouble accessing the article. You should be able to see it, but I have my doubts.
Been saying this for 20 years. Now with the more than one day cost for the new nightime experiences, horrendously priced "dessert parties" for fireworks, genie, genie plus, genie plus plus, genie plus cubed, and lightning lanes.... it's flipping ridiculous.

CaptainJackNO

The problem I have is that in the old system, you could still ride everything you wanted to, and you didn't have to pay an extra $160. I don't want to pay extra to maximize my park visit now when I didn't have to before. It's such a blatant cash grab.
Exactly, and then having to plan every flipping minute of my day just blows, on top of WDW is more than expensive enough. I'll proudly stand in line before I pay extra to go faster through a line I've already paid to go through

eliza61nyc

Exactly, and then having to plan every flipping minute of my day just blows, on top of WDW is more than expensive enough. I'll proudly stand in line before I pay extra to go faster through a line I've already paid to go through
And see perspective is everything. My boss who has 3 young children says "I will pay any amount of money to not stand in line" with small children.
You see it as a negative, other people see it as salvation

CaptainJackNO

And see perspective is everything. My boss who has 3 young children says "I will pay any amount of money to not stand in line" with small children.
You see it as a negative, other people see it as salvation
Hey. It's their money. I'm not saying everyone should believe what I do, but when you step back you do realize Disney is just milking people for every extra dollar as long as they're willing to pay for it

eliza61nyc

Hey. It's their money. I'm not saying everyone should believe what I do, but when you step back you do realize Disney is just milking people for every extra dollar as long as they're willing to pay for it
There's probably a bit of truth to that but the key is someone willing to pay for it. So as long as people feel they are getting value out of it, there's no foul.
I love love love live theater, I remember when Hamilton hit Broadway and people were dropping thousands of dollars for tickets. While that wasn't in my budget, I definitely shelled out way more than I ever had just to see it with the original cast.
But yet in the same breath, Ive never understood shelling out first class fare on flights.

As the old saying goes, "One man's poison is another man's meat"

SteveAZee

There's probably a bit of truth to that but the key is someone willing to pay for it. So as long as people feel they are getting value out of it, there's no foul.
I love love love live theater, I remember when Hamilton hit Broadway and people were dropping thousands of dollars for tickets. While that wasn't in my budget, I definitely shelled out way more than I ever had just to see it with the original cast.
But yet in the same breath, Ive never understood shelling out first class fare on flights.

As the old saying goes, "One man's poison is another man's meat"
I've paid once to fly first class... mostly because my wife hates flying and it was the only way to get her onto a plane (can't drive to Hawaii).

Ayla

I've paid once to fly first class... mostly because my wife hates flying and it was the only way to get her onto a plane (can't drive to Hawaii).
I refused to buy First Class to Hawaii when I saw it was going to be half of our budget. 😂 Business class right behind First was fine with me. 😎

ppete1975

Ive been saying classism would happen when they announced genie plus. Free park hoppers were equal. Now the people willing to spend the money get to do more. Although this is true, its nowhere near other parks.

Other parks show classism as a much bigger issue.

Here is the local six flags which is 40 dollars for a one day pass.
1684859050474.png

or even universal

1684859142163.png

NelleBelle

We live i Hawaii and I fly to Seattle every few months—generally book first class when I do a redeye (cheaper and let’s me sleep). Usually isn’t a whole lot more than booking premium economy on the redeye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom