Disneyland Dining reservations via email

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ail-system-to-serve-disneyland-resort-guests/

As you may know, Disneyland Resort guests may book dining reservations through the Disney Dine Line (714-781-DINE) but, beginning today, we’re offering a new way to request a dining reservation at the resort.

Here’s how it works:
Guests may now email their dining reservation requests to dine@disneyland.com

Requests will be reviewed the same day, when received during the hours of 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., 7 days a week

Requests received after hours will be reviewed the next day

Guests may request Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Studio Disney 365 reservations through this email address as well

Email requests should include the following information:
Name of the restaurant or experience you’d like to book
Requested reservation date and meal period (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Total number of guests in your party
Your name and phone number
Remember: Your request is not confirmed until you’ve received a confirmation number

For a list of Disneyland Resort restaurants that accept reservations, click here.

We know that Disneyland Resort guests are very excited about the upcoming opening of Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California Adventure park on June 15. Dining reservations are not available at this time, but keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and @Disneyland on Twitter for updates on when the booking window for this brand-new restaurant will open.

Mawg

I don't see this lasting. I just don't think anyone will use it. Will you email your dinning requests or just call? People like more immediate feedback than email can't offer. You email your requests, the exact time you want is not available, they email you the times that are available, you email them a new time, now that time is taken too. Finally you call or thay call you, waste of time.
For dinning reservations, they should have made an app. Instantly show what's available and let the guests pick what they want.

TP2000

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

If it was 1998 this wouldn't be dumb, but from about the year 2005 on this becomes dumb. That this is rolled out as NEW! in the year 2012 just makes me embarassed for them. :eek:

I love using Opentable.com, and recently there have been several times where I've considered making a reservation for dinner at Catal or Napa Rose, but it's such a pain calling them, waiting on hold, listening to Disney music for five minutes, that I just end up going on Opentable.com instead and making a reservation at a real restaurant off Disney property in 20 seconds or less with an immediate confirmation.

It's almost like TDA doesn't want people to eat on Disneyland Resort property. Why deal with this kind of 1990's garbage when you can just spend 20 seconds on your iPhone making a reservation anywhere else in the Free World by using Opentable.com???

DTM93

Well I'm happy for it just for the fact that sometimes it can be a pain cost wise and also time zone wise having to ring DLR for everything.
There's certain times I have to rang e.g for the hotels for CM discounts and also for vacation packages so it's nice to not have to ring them for everything!
However I wish they'd adopt the system that WDW uses, it'd be much easier.

TP2000

Hmm... Valid point on the international guest thing.

While some Europeans visit Disneyland, a great many more visitors to Disneyland come from Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, Mexico, British Columbia and Alberta, etc. Those folks are probably in the same demographic as you who would be thankful for having an email option instead of ringing up the Disneyland operator via overseas phone lines. Not to mention the 70 Million Americans who live west of the Rockies who might not want to call long distance to SoCal.

I guess there's other folks who visit Disneyland besides us locals who just pop in for a few hours every few weeks. :lookaroun

Still, a truly modern online reservation system, even something as simple as Opentable.com circa 2005 instead of their 2012 system, is really what needs to happen here. I wonder what the big deal is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom