Disney World's 4th Fast Pass.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
I just got back from my two week trip to Disney. During my stay, Disney started to give out a 4th fast pass on the Disney Experience. However, it was only to accommodate all the non planners.

When I asked a Cast Member at the Kiosk about why I could not book my 4th fast pass, she scanned my Magic Band and said I wasn't able to get one, because I planned my trip thoroughly. She said for the people who waited a week prior to their trip to schedule fast passes, they were pretty much rewarded and able to book 4 fast passes on the Disney Experience page. I of course complained and was only offered a show each day of my trip, which I declined on principal.

Another interesting thing that occurred, happened while waiting at the Kiosk to schedule my 4th pass. The lady in front went first and the Cast Member says to her, "I will warn you now, pickings are slim". However, when the screen popped up, all the big rides were available and her kids begged her to pick Space Mountain and she did. When it was my turn, the Cast Member said the same company line, "I will warn you now, pickings are slim", however for me, I had nothing to chose from. I asked the Cast Member why the lady prior was able to pick better rides and he said that the Magic Band makes every ones experience the same. Therefore when her band was scanned, the computer realized she did not do that much, so it gave her better options to up her experience. For me, after the scan, it showed we did all the fun rides so it eliminated the available options.

I told that Cast Member how ridiculous this is and he agreed. He even said that if I wouldn't have planned my fast passes, prior to my trip, I could have still got any choice I wanted once I entered the gates and went to the Kiosk, plus I would have been given 4 instead of 3.

Just a tip, if anyone planned their future trip, you might want to try and delete an entire day. Then when you replan, 4 fast passes might be given to you as an option. At that point you can then start deleting all the days and doing the same.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
No the Cast Members confirmed, Magic Kingdom will be doing 4 fast passes from now on. Like I said, after I heard it I tried, but was penalized for planning my trip, once the window was open. An announcement will be made within a month on it. Right now, I am guessing, that Resort Guests are testing it out.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Sounds a bit odd. My sister is down there right now and they didnt make any FP+ reservations prior to arrival. Ill ask her if she is able to get a 4th and what options it gives her.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
When I asked a Cast Member at the Kiosk about why I could not book my 4th fast pass, she scanned my Magic Band and said I wasn't able to get one, because I planned my trip thoroughly. She said for the people who waited a week prior to their trip to schedule fast passes, they were pretty much rewarded and able to book 4 fast passes on the Disney Experience page. I of course complained and was only offered a show each day of my trip, which I declined on principal.

But, but,... FP+ has "leveled the playing field" for everyone to be able to have a chance to ride their favorite attractions so why would you be upset and complain that the other family was given the option to enjoy the popular attractions as well? Disney leveled the playing field for them too. You gotta love the irony here, if this is true.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
If they had the option to chose rides, then shame on them for not doing so. There is no way people haven't heard about the Disney Experience and Magic Band + thing.

CaptainAmerica

If they had the option to chose rides, then shame on them for not doing so. There is no way people haven't heard about the Disney Experience and Magic Band + thing.
This seems like a strange criterion for what warrants "shame."

My first day at DHS coming up has FP+ for Mermaid, Disney Junior, and Beauty and the Beast. Shame on me?

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
This seems like a strange criterion for what warrants "shame."

My first day at DHS coming up has FP+ for Mermaid, Disney Junior, and Beauty and the Beast. Shame on me?

Like you said, you planned that. So if that's what you want, great.

Sadly the point is being missed. I was told that if I didn't schedule my 3 fast passes for MK a long time ago, I could have simply just entered the park, got any 4 rides I wanted, with no rides being blacked out.

When this started, it was said to schedule, or you will miss out. So now that people schedule and take away all the spontaneity of a trip and lock into a time frame, other people who choose not to plan, were rewarded with the same rides, plus a 4th.

awilliams4

She said for the people who waited a week prior to their trip to schedule fast passes, they were pretty much rewarded and able to book 4 fast passes on the Disney Experience page. I of course complained and was only offered a show each day of my trip, which I declined on principal...... Therefore when her band was scanned, the computer realized she did not do that much, so it gave her better options to up her experience. For me, after the scan, it showed we did all the fun rides so it eliminated the available options.

Just like with any company and with most everyone, don't believe what you are told. It is not a reward. This is a work in progress where Disney is messing around with a 4th FP+. Why? Maybe they are testing a 4 FP+ long term, maybe they are testing this due to the crowds, maybe it is a more longer term test. The ability to program in a 4th FP+ for those that already had 3 was probably a programming problem or complexity that wasn't in the cards and that was reason as to why you would have to start all over to get a 4th. Not some conspiracy to reward those that waited.

As far as you not getting Space Mountain. That was probably because someone just canceled Space and opened up the ressies for a 1st come first serve. You were 2nd come, second serve, so you didn't get it.

These CMs don't work in IT, they are repeating what they heard, mistakenly translating what they heard, saying what they think or just blowing smoke.

You made a decision on principle that was given by a 1st tier employee that has no clue.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Like you said, you planned that. So if that's what you want, great.

Sadly the point is being missed. I was told that if I didn't schedule my 3 fast passes for MK a long time ago, I could have simply just entered the park, got any 4 rides I wanted, with no rides being blacked out.

When this started, it was said to schedule, or you will miss out. So now that people schedule and take away all the spontaneity of a trip and lock into a time frame, other people who choose not to plan, were rewarded with the same rides, plus a 4th.
To get the 4th, the guest needs to be making the reservations at least 2 days before their day in the park.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Shame on them? Seriously? MAybe they didnt have the option to plan ahead. Sooooooo many people who love the idea of FP+ argued that it wasnt fair for the people who didnt want to be at rope drop to get a TSMM FP or that they didnt want to criss cross the parks all day for paper FP and that the new system (FP+) allowed their family to enjoy WDW at a leisurely pace. Well, this 4th FP is allowing that for the people who couldnt/didnt plan months in advance. How is this any different?

Some families may literally be saving the money for their trip right up until the last few days before arriving which would not allow them to make FP+ selections months in advance. Should they not be able to enjoy the same rides your family has? Shame on you. lol

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
I love how the Disney Deity gets so upset.

If I purchase my trip a year ago and a family just gets tickets today, however we both go tomorrow, we should be allowed the same rides the same amount of fast passes. Period.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
To get the 4th, the guest needs to be making the reservations at least 2 days before their day in the park.
Just spoke with my sister (who is there now) and she confirmed this. She is able to get a 4th selection, just not on day of. FWIW, she said the selections are pretty slim. Many selections are not available for a majority of the days she has tried to book one.

awilliams4

If I purchase my trip a year ago and a family just gets tickets today, however we both go tomorrow, we should be allowed the same rides the same amount of fast passes. Period.

You could have. As of about a week ago, you can schedule up to (4) FP+ up until 4/12. Log in now, try to schedule 3 FP+ on 4/10 for example and see what happens, you will be given a 4th.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Were you not able to book a 4th FP at the kiosk? You said you were able to, but the selections were not the same as the other families, thats not the other families fault. Sounds like you still came out ahead because you still had the ability to plan your day better by planning ahead and they have to go to the kiosk still as well. Why you so mad?

It sounds more like you WANT other people to be punished for not planning ahead like you did. Maybe this just shows that NGE isnot as good as everyone thinks it is

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
Not true. We tried to delete our days then rebook fast passes to get 4 and it wasn't allowed. That is when we went to the Kiosk to ask and then was told what I wrote. PEople who previously planned their trip, were not allowed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom