Disney World Sued -- Mickey's Parade Ruined My Life

mcstensrud

Not to be disrespectful or get off topic but why on Earth would anyone lean on a trash can? Or eat on one or plop their kids on one ! Ewwe
Just my 2 cents.

Incomudro

I took a small jump off of the last step of the bus while holding my then six year old sleeping son in my arms.
It was pouring rain out, and I was making an attempt to dash him to shelter.
My feet gave out from under me like I was on ice, and I scraped the heck out of both knees and in particular my left forearm which cradled my son.
The painted section of the bus stop and my Vans sneakers created a surface I could have hydroplaned across.
And this is coming from a relatively sure footed guy who's in good physical shape and still skateboards at 52 year old now. (44 then.)
I didn't even seek first aid.

PhilharMagician

My daughter took a hard hit on the barrel bridge on TSI when some monkeys started jumping. Scraped up bleeding knees and scratch on her face. Went to first aid for a couple bandages and back out for fun. Worse yet, I woke up on our first morning staying OKW and had something in my eye. Went to first aid in MK and had it looked at after a couple hours because I could not take the pain and irritation. They sent me off site to have it checked and it ended up being a piece of glass embedded in my cornea. The glass has to be in the comforter from the previous guest since we did not break anything and really just got in the room. I had to wear an eye patch for a couple days and go back to get it checked. We lost a lot of WDW time and it cost me a few Dr visit copays and I never asked for anything except to have a late checkout on the last day since my family was going to wait in the room until I returned from the last Dr visit. BTW, they would not grant me the late checkout and handed me a business card from their legal department. :rolleyes: Sometimes I hate this world.

Disvillain63

Sad state of affairs when so many people look for opportunities to sue in the hopes of getting rich quick. If only more judges & juries would toss these out and refuse to reward then big settlements. Penalizing frivolous lawsuits would certainly help. But under our system everyone gets their day in court.
As much as I agree with you, businesses are partly to blame. Many will settle out of court, just to avoid the marketing nightmare. There are many times that DH and I wish that the companies would stand up to the system, but it cost too much for them to do that, I guess.

Monorail_Red_77

So the countdown until the curbs on Main Street disappear forever... 10 - 9 - 8 - 7....
You might not have to hold your breath all that long. They have already disappeared at the town center hub, from the Fire Station all the way around to Tony's. I'm sure it is a matter of time before they disappear up mainstreet too.

Weather_Lady

Sad state of affairs when so many people look for opportunities to sue in the hopes of getting rich quick. If only more judges & juries would toss these out and refuse to reward then big settlements. Penalizing frivolous lawsuits would certainly help. But under our system everyone gets their day in court.

They often do get thrown out, and lawyers can be penalized for bringing frivolous suits. Part of the problem is that the media goes crazy and turns every ridiculous, cockamamie lawsuit into front page news (remember the fat kids suing McDonalds?), but then fails to report it when those cases get tossed out (as the McDonalds "obesity" lawsuits all did). As a result, the public perception of the number of crazy lawsuits, and the longevity or success of those lawsuits, is hugely inflated.

Last edited:

mf1972

I was sat waiting for the 3pm parade when some ducks flying overhead left their calling card - can I sue Disney as they didn't warn me of the dangers or put in place anything to protect me. And yes, I'd recognise the duck again :)
too bad it wasn't Donald. you'd be awarded millions & compensation for 1 very good dry cleaner. :facepalm:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not to be disrespectful or get off topic but why on Earth would anyone lean on a trash can? Or eat on one or plop their kids on one ! Ewwe
Just my 2 cents.

Because I was a tad tired... and Disney's trash cans are probably some of the cleanest. Or they used to be, until the cutbacks....

Mystic

I took a nasty spill on the bridge from Liberty Square to Main Street a few years ago. It had rained earlier in the day and I slipped once and righted myself only to slip a few feet later and go down. I ended up with a sprained ankle and a busted up toe (not broken but bleeding). I guess I should have sued Disney for the fact that 1. it rained, 2. their bridge was wet and 3. I was wearing flip flops that I had bought AT WDW.

disney4life2008

My friend was on rnrc last night and bumped his head really hard. He suffered a severe headache all night. He is going to sue even though there are signs that are posted about the ride. Lol jk though he did bump his head

danyoung56

A few years ago I had an ash from a firework drop on my head in Epcot, catching my hair (what little there is left of it!) on fire. I never even thought about suing, but Disney Legal contacted me, asked about the incident, and offered up some cash to make it right. This was a case where I didn't do anything wrong, but I didn't think Disney did anything wrong, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom