Disney World Sued -- Mickey's Parade Ruined My Life

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/25/disney-world-sued/

Disney World is NOT "The Most Magical Place On Earth" for one man who says he was severely injured ... not on a ride, but while watching the dreaded Christmas Parade.

Michael Amabile claims he was at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando last December waiting for "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade," when he tripped over a sidewalk.

According to the suit ... Michael says the sidewalk could not be seen due to all the lights being turned off, and Disney cast members never warned him about the elevated step.

Amabile doesn't specify his injuries in the suit, but he wants the Mouse to pony up big money for his medical bills.

A few turkey legs wouldn't hurt either, we're guessing.

So a man who wasnt smart enough to watch where he was going tripped and fell....only one word to describe this lawsuit...LOL.

Weather_Lady

Unbelievable. I'm an attorney and suits like this make me ashamed.

I fell off of a curb at WDW back in 2005, scraped my knee so deeply that the blood running down my leg had soaked my sock before I could limp to the side of Main Street for medical treatment (and by "medical treatment," I mean my husband blotting the blood with a napkin from his pocket). Instead of suing, I took it for what it was -- a ruined sock, some bad bruising, a small scar that I carry to this day, and a lesson to watch where I was going!

Last edited:

MississippiBelle

While we were on a trip several years ago, I watched a man power walk right through a wet area surrounded by bright yellow "wet pavement" warning signs, fall in a manner that any professional soccer player would be proud of, and clutch his knee screaming at the top of lungs. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it. Not sure if he tried to sue after that, but he was definitely trying to get some kind of attention! People are crazy.

Monorail_Red_77

I think they should broadcast these ridiculous lawsuits on jumbotrons so that everyone can see how ridiculous these lawsuits are. Or like others are saying, make them pay dearly for wasting the courts time.

or better yet, they should have some time of field sobriety/obstacle course before you even get to bag check. If you fail, you don't get to enter the park. and the monorail queues don't count. :facepalm: :hilarious:

JIMINYCR

Sad state of affairs when so many people look for opportunities to sue in the hopes of getting rich quick. If only more judges & juries would toss these out and refuse to reward then big settlements. Penalizing frivolous lawsuits would certainly help. But under our system everyone gets their day in court.

epcotisbest

While we were on a trip several years ago, I watched a man power walk right through a wet area surrounded by bright yellow "wet pavement" warning signs, fall in a manner that any professional soccer player would be proud of, and clutch his knee screaming at the top of lungs. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it. Not sure if he tried to sue after that, but he was definitely trying to get some kind of attention! People are crazy.
People are crazy. Quote of the day.

disney4life2008

My predictions : sauerkraut will no longer be served at Casey's or the hot toppings bar anywhere because someone dumb enough wi burn themselves. Portable railings will go up around the parade viewing area as well.

bethymouse

My Mom almost tipped over on her ECV going down Main Street. Shh....... it happens! My Dad actually did tip over on his ECV in the Pooh queue. He had a few bumps, but no reason to sue!:rolleyes:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Since when does Disney turn the lights off for the parade during MVMCP? I attended one of the party's last December, stood on Main Street at the curb in front of the confectionery shop, leaning on the trash can, and didn't notice the lights dimmed. Wouldn't it be rather HARD to see the floats if the lights were dimmed like they are for MSEP, Celebrate the Magic, and Wishes? And it wasn't the first MVMCP I've attended. Either this guy didn't attend MVMCP, doesn't know the difference between a parade and fireworks or he's lying, surprise, surprise. My bet is on the last. And how can you not know there's a curb? Especially since people are sitting on it and the CMs come by asking them to move their feet out of the street.

Sheesh. Next time my clumsy self stumbles out of a ride or trips on a flat, bare floor (for some reason, my left foot and the lobby floor at the Boardwalk didn't like each other), I'm hiring Morgan and Morgan...I think they need the business. ;)

EvilQueen-T

This guy sees deep pockets. They warn you they're dimming the lights and it's by no means so dark you can't see where you're going...and I'm a grandmother not a 20 y/o with perfect eye sight. Rule of thumb is watch where you're going or stand still. While disney is responsible to provide safe experiences for their guest this is just ridiculous. I'm actually kinda surprised there was an open curb space along the parade route to find to trip on...it's usually 3 deep with bodies lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom