Disney updates park rules and begins adding signs at park entrances

misterID

Such as: Please stay clothed for all rides, meaning: No thong bathing suits on Kali River Rapids.
I've never had a problem with that. Most people who wear swim suits wear a long shirt over it or shorts. You get drenched on Kali. I've never seen a ride more suitable for swimwear for any park, (IOA even more so)... and if people can't handle seeing thongs nowadays, I dont know what to say. Especially when such a large number of visitors from South America visit and aren't restrained on what they wear and don't wear. You want your eyes to bug out go to the water parks... or even resort pool with a load of Brazilians visiting... Or, maybe not if a thong bothers you. I'm serious.:jawdrop:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Welllll - sort of. Let's get Websters definition (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vapor):

"1: diffused matter (as smoke or fog) suspended floating in the air and impairing its transparency
2 a : a substance in the gaseous state as distinguished from the liquid or solid state "

My point... never create a Policy that COULD lead to yet another stink.... try to enact a policy that AVOIDS stinks.
I think that is precisely their motive.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
But even in the states that have legalized it for recreational use, I don't believe you can smoke it in public. So it wouldn't be in issue at Disney. And Florida is trying to legalize it just for medical use which would be in your private home I believe.

Here's the amendment on the November ballot in Florida - and many polls show it has a good chance of passing:

"Allows the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating diseases as determined by a licensed Florida physician. Allows caregivers to assist patients’ medical use of marijuana. The Department of Health shall register and regulate centers that produce and distribute marijuana for medical purposes and shall issue identification cards to patients and caregivers. Applies only to Florida law. Does not authorize violations of federal law or any non-medical use, possession or production of marijuana."

Nothing about taking a toke in public - will be interesting to see how the Florida Legislature delineates it from other prescribed medication. "But CM, if I can take my antibiotic in public, why can't I smoke my joint in the designated areas. Here's my ID card to prove it's legally prescribed".

If Disney doesn't prevent people from Drinking Around The World, they don't have much of an argument with regards to legally prescribed medical marijuana usage.....

GrammieBee

I've never had a problem with that. Most people who wear swim suits wear a long shirt over it or shorts. You get drenched on Kali. I've never seen a ride more suitable for swimwear for any park, (IOA even more so)... and if people can't handle seeing thongs nowadays, I dont know what to say. Especially when such a large number of visitors from South America visit and aren't restrained on what they wear and don't wear. You want your eyes to bug out go to the water parks... or even resort pool with a load of Brazilians visiting... Or, maybe not if a thong bothers you. I'm serious.:jawdrop:

I don't have a problem with seeing a thong or two providing the rear it is on is in good shape and is at the beach or pool. I'm also not a cleanliness fanatic with a handy large bottle of Purell, BUT, I really don't care to be sitting in a ride seat, particularly if it is wet, that was previously occupied by someone's bare butt.

Last edited:

misterID

I don't have a problem with seeing a thong or two providing the rear it is on is in good shape and is at the beach or pool. I'm also not a cleeanliness freak with a handy bottle of Purell, BUT, I really don't care to be sitting in a ride seat, particularly if it is wet, that was previously occupied by someone's bare butt.
Sometimes hands can be worse. Like a hotel; the dirtiest item in your room isn't the toilet, it's the remote control. It holds more germs and bacteria than any other object and is rarely, if ever, cleaned. Nasty stuff.

TheRabbit

Here's the amendment on the November ballot in Florida - and many polls show it has a good chance of passing:

"Allows the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating diseases as determined by a licensed Florida physician. Allows caregivers to assist patients’ medical use of marijuana. The Department of Health shall register and regulate centers that produce and distribute marijuana for medical purposes and shall issue identification cards to patients and caregivers. Applies only to Florida law. Does not authorize violations of federal law or any non-medical use, possession or production of marijuana."

Nothing about taking a toke in public - will be interesting to see how the Florida Legislature delineates it from other prescribed medication. "But CM, if I can take my antibiotic in public, why can't I smoke my joint in the designated areas. Here's my ID card to prove it's legally prescribed".

If Disney doesn't prevent people from Drinking Around The World, they don't have much of an argument with regards to legally prescribed medical marijuana usage.....
So maybe they can open a 'Amsterdam' pavillion at Epcot and start a Smoke around the World thing. LOL

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So maybe they can open a 'Amsterdam' pavillion at Epcot and start a Smoke around the World thing. LOL

Just put it in Norway, the land of unrelated rides.... Or better yet, that cigar shop in DTD. Will make an interesting stroll through Westside. ;)

DsnyFevr

Dont you mean for a "prostitution hotel" ?
Because some people really push the boundary of "casual" clothing with "barely one that covers the female/male bits".
Yes, totally true...I was just being casual about it even though there's many more ways of putting it on my mind.

PhotoDave219

So..... it was a weird night. (I won't elaborate)

@wdwmagic, @MissM, @NowInc, @WDWFigment .....

We're going to have an issue with tripods. We're going to have inconsistencies on exactly what is being let in. The sudden new view is that if you have a tripod, you must be/might be/probably shooting commercially.

Also.

I was told by a security higher up that my tripod tonight would be let in but I would not be allowed to set up in a crowd. Safety issue. Liability issue.

My thoughts? Be incognito. Dont be a gearhead. Smaller is better when it comes to a tripod. Perceptions are reality.

Things are changing and it will be inconsistent.

RSoxNo1

So..... it was a weird night. (I won't elaborate)

@wdwmagic, @MissM, @NowInc, @WDWFigment .....

We're going to have an issue with tripods. We're going to have inconsistencies on exactly what is being let in. The sudden new view is that if you have a tripod, you must be/might be/probably shooting commercially.

Also.

I was told by a security higher up that my tripod tonight would be let in but I would not be allowed to set up in a crowd. Safety issue. Liability issue.

My thoughts? Be incognito. Dont be a gearhead. Smaller is better when it comes to a tripod. Perceptions are reality.

Things are changing and it will be inconsistent.
I recommend using the Gorilla Pods. Sure, you won't be able to set up something 3 feet tall in a crowded area, but you can attach it to a railing or put it on a trash can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom