Disney to start Furloughs April 19th

Best Buy furloughed 51K employees in the USA.
Then how does that compare to Disney and it’s 77k employees in Orlando, Fl? Both are tragic. Both need assistance. Beyond that?.........

Best Buy doesn’t have 55k employees sinking the Florida unemployment system. Disney 77k employees have the potential to crash Florida’s system to the detriment of the 100s of thousand other employees seeking assistance.

disney4life2008

Who suggested that those seeking unemployment are buying steak and lobster? They are/were employed people that got furloughed through no fault of their own. This money is intended to put dollars back into the economy so that we have businesses that can stay in business as we migrate through this pandemic.
If millions of people have no money - they can’t pay rent, they can’t buy food, they can’t buy gasoline, they can’t pay electric bills. Do you want those millions of hardworking people to be homeless and have to deal with that economic crisis? Connect those dots and then imagine how that may affect your entitled situation. The trickledown effect to everyone is unimaginable.
You are correct. My argument is that they will in fact make more than employees at my job working remotely.

I didn't say I was entitled. I said something does not add up and it doesn't.

disney4life2008

Are you suggesting that Furloughed employees would otherwise use snap benefits for alcohol, cigarettes, and pet food? Poverty stricken? Are you equating everyone that lost their job due to Covid-19 is poverty stricken? I’m really confused.

No we are not talking about the virus. Generally speaking about those receiving snap benefits.

asianway

I'm sorry but something doesn't make sense. Im all for helping people out. But there are full time workers at my job who are working remotely who are not making $2600 a month.

But I have issues with free money anyway. People on public aid should not be allowed to buy steak and lobster. Or use their public aid card to get cash back.
In theory, if you’re making more under CARES unemployment you’re more likely to spend or better yet, “blow” the money by pumping it back into the economy as opposed to saving or paying down debt. From what I’m seeing on social media that may have some merit

JoeCamel

In theory, if you’re making more under CARES unemployment you’re more likely to spend or better yet, “blow” the money by pumping it back into the economy as opposed to saving or paying down debt. From what I’m seeing on social media that may have some merit
Now you are talking, hookers and blow is what I'm spending mine on.....

ThatMouse

I feel like their should be more outrage among those who have to use the slow website, almost as bad as an ADA compliance thing. It would be interesting to know how they are importing all those applications, because if it's automated then every employer should have the opportunity to send in the data in whatever specific format they require. Even if it's just an Excel file that is imported into the database, that service should be offered to everyone. (I'm a software developer)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I feel like their should be more outrage among those who have to use the slow website, almost as bad as an ADA compliance thing. It would be interesting to know how they are importing all those applications, because if it's automated then every employer should have the opportunity to send in the data in whatever specific format they require. Even if it's just an Excel file that is imported into the database, that service should be offered to everyone. (I'm a software developer)
I guess it's a bennie of being Florida's largest single-site employer.

HauntedMansionFLA

Let the layoffs begin
E02D1CF0-0196-4AD6-B54B-8B0BE14B72E6.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom