Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

Marlins1

Exactly - Spider-Man is awesome but if Disney built five more well themed drop towers after TOT that would not have been great. You can't go wrong with roller coasters, flume rides and well themed omnimovers and boat rides. Screens get old real fast.

bhg469

Exactly - Spider-Man is awesome but if Disney built five more well themed drop towers after TOT that would not have been great. You can't go wrong with roller coasters, flume rides and well themed omnimovers and boat rides. Screens get old real fast.
That I sort of agree with. Soarin is totally skipped on my trips lately, and tsmm is really just something to do. All screens aren't bad, I still enjoy bugs life and Muppet theater Tremendously.

gmajew

Premium Member
You do know Spiderman and Transformers are totally different aside from ride system right?

May as well say Haunted Mansion is identical to Arials Undersea Adventures.

Until WDW starts producing cutting edge E Tickets again it will be called out for it. The last one was 1994.

Yeah the difference is a different dress same girl!

It is like your girl switching to a red dress from a black in same style.

Agin I like both rides but don't say they are both original.

raymusiccity

I knew that would be mentioned as the argument. Yes- the yeti is broken, but they still built an e ticket even if for a few months. Their intention wasn't to build a broken e-tickeT. We can't pretend they didn't build it.

It's still an amazing ride for what it is- 44" height requirement.

I agree that it's still an amazing ride. You move so fast beneath the Yeti, that his sheer size is impressive. I've never heard anyone come off of the ride saying they wished the Yeti had moved. There are a lot of people who say they never even saw him!

gljvd

Along with several hundred million dollars.

If it were to happen it would be Tokyos.

(And it's been discussed ad nauseum over the years as more of a dream)

Listen , I have a secret to tell you.... anything they do is going to cost several hundreds of millions.

Now I understand what you state later about the cali one leaking . So just bring over Tokyo's ride is the same.

While it may cost money , since the ride is already designed you can rule out r&d from the cost.

PhotoDave219

What does this have to do with Ambitious Star wars plans?

Just sayin

Many Bothans died for those plans. You should be more sensitive. Thankfully, some of those Bothans will covalese about the Cruise Line as Star Wars goes to sea! Thats Amphibious..... which is close to ambitious.

We haven't had any new news in months and what news we have had seems to change constantly. We should get a vague announcement sometime at Star Wars Celebration, D23, May the Fourth, or any number of other rumored events that people keep saying for the past three years that "Star Wars Land is definitely going to be announced!" In short, pour the drinks, sit back and prepare to be underwhelmed by whatever crap some financial executive allows to be built.

roj2323

We haven't had any new news in months and what news we have had seems to change constantly. We should get a vague announcement sometime at Star Wars Celebration, D23, May the Fourth, or any number of other rumored events that people keep saying for the past three years that "Star Wars Land is definitely going to be announced!" In short, pour the drinks, sit back and prepare to be underwhelmed by whatever crap some financial executive allows to be built.

So i should be prepared to see "plans" for a wdw attraction that's mediocre compared to whatever they decide to put in at disneyland. Got it. I'll do my best to be only marginally disappointed, yet i'll complain loudly while I go and check it in person repeatedly to make sure my complaints, which ill only post on this site, are accurate.

:banghead::angelic:o_O:(

PhotoDave219

So i should be prepared to see "plans" for a wdw attraction that's mediocre compared to whatever they decide to put in at disneyland. Got it. I'll do my best to be only marginally disappointed, yet i'll complain loudly while I go and check it in person repeatedly to make sure my complaints, which ill only post on this site, are accurate.

:banghead::angelic:o_O:(

If i had any news to give, I would share it. Mine is months old and outdated by this point, which was construction starting possibly September-October (at the earliest) Including elements from the new movies and opening 2020-ish. Whether that still holds? Who knows. This project seems to change constantly.

And I'm just as frustrated as you are about this. :banghead:

Captain Neo

If i had any news to give, I would share it. Mine is months old and outdated by this point, which was construction starting possibly September-October (at the earliest) Including elements from the new movies and opening 2020-ish. Whether that still holds? Who knows. This project seems to change constantly.

And I'm just as frustrated as you are about this. :banghead:

It will be announced at D23 construction starts October opening 2018

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So the most expensive roller coaster in history and the tallest mountain of any Disney resort doesn't count as an E ticket? It might not be your favorite, but I fail to see how you can overlook it.

Regardless, it's ridiculously long overdue.

Everest?

Cutting edge? Nope.

Budget and WDI no longer indicate the quality of an attraction.

Height is pointless when the contents are lacklustre. If height came into it Mt Prometheus and the Matterhorn would win.

Nice coaster but numerous broken effects, light leaks, huge voids of nothing and a queue that's greater than the ride doesn't cut it. The theming is top notch up to the broken track. Then BTM trumps it. An attraction designed 27 years previous.

Honourable mention for Kilimanjaros landscaping and containment designs though RSoxNo1 :)

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree that it's still an amazing ride. You move so fast beneath the Yeti, that his sheer size is impressive. I've never heard anyone come off of the ride saying they wished the Yeti had moved. There are a lot of people who say they never even saw him!

What has made Disney parks so great in the past was giving guests an experience beyond what they would expect. There are 1000's of details around the parks that people wouldn't consciously miss if they were removed but it's these things that make Disney, Disney.

bhg469

What has made Disney parks so great in the past was giving guests an experience beyond what they would expect. There are 1000's of details around the parks that people wouldn't consciously miss if they were removed but it's these things that make Disney, Disney.
They used to make Disney, Disney. That sentiment remains in some of the projects they come up with but nothing fantastic makes it to the real world... On this continent anyway.

RSoxNo1

I honestly don't get where you could say it feels at all similar. You definitely feel real motion, sure there are projected scenes but the thing with spiderman is most of it is simulated, while Gringotts has significant movement on every axis.

I can't feel like it'd 75% mummy 15% spiderman and 10% very unique experience.
Gringotts vehicles can only rotate. The only time a different axis is used is when the track tilts. The Transformers and Spiderman vehicles actually have pitch and yaw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom