Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

bhg469

Gringotts vehicles can only rotate. The only time a different axis is used is when the track tilts. The Transformers and Spiderman vehicles actually have pitch and yaw.
But the track is a roller coaster track, gravity plays a role here and is not generated by actuators on the whole ride. I get the end results are similar but they get those results in two very different ways.

HauntedMansionFLA

It will be announced at D23 construction starts October opening 2018
I agree, I predict something will be announced at D23. But nothing happening until the first of the year. Start with phase one but probably can't reveal to much because the movie isn't out yet. Maybe some crates with Orange Harvest painted on it.

DVC91

Nice coaster but numerous broken effects, light leaks, huge voids of nothing and a queue that's greater than the ride doesn't cut it. The theming is top notch up to the broken track. Then BTM trumps it. An attraction designed 27 years previous.

Where does that put Space Mountain, the Great and Honorable, the Lord of The Void of Nothing?

Spoiler: I'm just being snarky :)

RSoxNo1

But the track is a roller coaster track, gravity plays a role here and is not generated by actuators on the whole ride. I get the end results are similar but they get those results in two very different ways.
I agree that the ride systems are totally different, but as you said, the end result is very similar.

HauntedMansionFLA

image.jpg
It looks like the area behind the Indiana Jones Stunt Show us cleared out a bit.

PhotoDave219

View attachment 88518 It looks like the area behind the Indiana Jones Stunt Show us cleared out a bit.

No, thats normal. Thats how it normally looks. Thats the concrete the trucks drive on. None of that is dirt.

From bottom to top, you have the ending plane scene.

Above that you have the marketplace village, back side.

Above that, you have the temple, back side.

And a lot of wet concrete.

xstech25

I can see why Disney hasn't announced anything yet - if they build Star Wars land to have anywhere near an opening date of Avatar it's likely that people will postpone their vacations until after Star Wars opens. Whereas if Avatar opens like 2-3 years before Star Wars people will be more likely to take 2 vacations.

HauntedMansionFLA

I hope this doesn't happen and this isn't a rumor or anything but a thought. What if Disney is holding off building Star Wars attractions for put it in the rumored 5th park by Flamingo Crossing??? That way all three new movies would be out along with the stand alone movies. Plus rebooting Indiana Jones with new movies with new interest. Don't kill me for this comment - will a Disney buy out Universal or come up with a agreement for both parks to use different characters to put in the WDW parks. And it seems like a lot of people want a Villains themed area? Just a thought

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom