News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

cosmicgirl

Thanks for the update. It appears they also changed the layout, at least on mobile. Categories gone.

This summer will be my first WDW trip and I'm a little confused on this 11 days business. My deadline showed as 30 days - which is today. If they restock and I'm still 11+ days out, can I order the upgraded band? Will it still ship to my home?
From my understanding:
If you have already selected colors they will be shipped after today.
If you haven't customized anything yet then your 30-day deadline will pass by as if nothing has happened. If you pick a color after today but still more than 11 days out then they will still be shipped.
If you customize less than 11 but more than 5 days out they will be sent to the front desk.
If you don't customize anything at least 5 days out then you will receive grey bands at the front desk.

DCBaker

Premium Member
FYI - there has been a restock of some.

Tinkrbell

Already Thanos and Epcot gone. Can't believe how bad they are messing this up. Seriously what is the stock they are putting on the site....10 of each?!? Why bother??
Sorcerer Mickey is still listed, but I get an error page when I go to check out.

SaintsDivide

What are we supposed to do if one of the bands we want is available but the other isn't? There isn't a way to lock in partial orders, right? I really wanted the Castle and my boyfriend wanted Epcot, but Epcot isn't available anymore :(. So do I just bite the bullet and lock in my Castle band and get a generic band for him since Epcot is gone?

square2k1

last Night i was able to select the 3 bands my family and I wanted, then went to check out, entered card info and hit Purchase,

then the site took a couple of minutes and the said sorry we are unable to complete your request, i check my back account and they took 3 Duplicate payments

this morning all 3 payments had been refunded and the back i want were not ordered, i tried again this morning and i couldn't select any,

apart from Groot, so to keep my 8 Year old soon happy cause he loves Groot i went to just get his and my wife and i would go with plain colours, and again at checkout it just refused pointblank to accept the order !!!

we are going on the 23rd of August so i hope they get this shorted and if they dont im gonna still buy the Groot Band or my Son will be very upset.

square2k1

What are we supposed to do if one of the bands we want is available but the other isn't? There isn't a way to lock in partial orders, right? I really wanted the Castle and my boyfriend wanted Epcot, but Epcot isn't available anymore :(. So do I just bite the bullet and lock in my Castle band and get a generic band for him since Epcot is gone?
i tried this and the check out process still failed for me

DisneyDebRob

From my understanding:
If you have already selected colors they will be shipped after today.
If you haven't customized anything yet then your 30-day deadline will pass by as if nothing has happened. If you pick a color after today but still more than 11 days out then they will still be shipped.
If you customize less than 11 but more than 5 days out they will be sent to the front desk.
If you don't customize anything at least 5 days out then you will receive grey bands at the front desk.
My head is spinning trying to figure out what you just said. Why does it feel like before I do any planning with Disney anymore, I need to go back to college for awhile?

cosmicgirl

My head is spinning trying to figure out what you just said. Why does it feel like before I do any planning with Disney anymore, I need to go back to college for awhile?
I was just trying to help... It's not that difficult, really. They use the 30-day deadline for early shipping but have two backup plans if you customize later than 30 days out. That's all it comes down to. >30 days they ship, >11 days they still ship, between 11 and 5 days it's resort delivery, and 5 days or less is grey bands at the resort.
The only trick here is to know that you can extend your customization deadline by not selecting anything more than 30 days out.

DisneyDebRob

I
I was just trying to help... It's not that difficult, really. They use the 30-day deadline for early shipping but have two backup plans if you customize later than 30 days out. That's all it comes down to. >30 days they ship, >11 days they still ship, between 11 and 5 days it's resort delivery, and 5 days or less is grey bands at the resort.
The only trick here is to know that you can extend your customization deadline by not selecting anything more than 30 days out.
I know you’re helping people understand and that’s a good thing. My point is everything should not be so difficult, especially for first timers or people who haven’t visited in years. Us that go all the time, it’s a hassle but not a big deal. I just feel for the others.

cosmicgirl

I
I know you’re helping people understand and that’s a good thing. My point is everything should not be so difficult, especially for first timers or people who haven’t visited in years. Us that go all the time, it’s a hassle but not a big deal. I just feel for the others.
Agreed! When we went back in 2016 3,5 years after my previous trip I think I spent 2-3 days just catching up on everything that had changed. There was a bit of a panic when I learned about FP+ because we booked just a little over 30 days out but fortunately I was able to get all the difficult ones, and even a couple PPO BOG ADRs.

kbmb

This morning there seemed to be a somewhat limited selection of bands up. I do not know if you can get through the purchasing process or not, but thought I would share the info.

Nice thanks. And the 3 bands we wanted were there. Calls daughter down to double check the one she wants - Citrus Swirl, yup it's there.

Go to add Citrus Swirl - We are unable to complete your request.

Oh well, I'm done fighting with this system. I've had easier times ordering new iPhones o_O

Keppyslinger

Nice thanks. And the 3 bands we wanted were there. Calls daughter down to double check the one she wants - Citrus Swirl, yup it's there.

Go to add Citrus Swirl - We are unable to complete your request.

Oh well, I'm done fighting with this system. I've had easier times ordering new iPhones o_O
So sorry. I was just trying to help cause I know others are looking.

kbmb

So sorry. I was just trying to help cause I know others are looking.

Oh....I was genuinely saying thanks to you for letting us know 👍

Not so much thanks to Disney for making this process......not so magical 👎

(was finally able to get an order made - fingers crossed they actually arrive)

Last edited:

bee

I was able to purchase two Spaceship Earth and two rainbow Mickey bands (for two upcoming reservations) a few minutes ago. I got the confirmation emails and my credit card was charged for each transaction. We shall see if I actually receive them or if I get the dreaded "sorry, we can't figure out how to send this to you" emails.

Disney Dad 3000

It looks like they added a few more options from what was posted yesterday. I'm able to pick 2 of ours but the third person keep getting error messages (sorcerer mickey) Assuming it means that option is limited stock or out as if I switch to say Vader it goes through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom