Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

WDW1974

Well, I heard from two guys from ILM that the Avatar sequels aren't just delayed, they're on complete hold. They simply can't produce the film that Cameron wants at budget. They are working to get it there, but it's still a way off (same problem as the Star Wars tv show that Lucas is waiting to get started).

You heard quite right. My left coast sources are saying the movies are no sure bet and IF they happen, they will be delayed significantly ... and that leaves Pandora: A Disey Vacation Club Resort where exactly?

Goofnut1980

Wouldn't you think, when Disney made the agreement, they would have full rights to make it how they wanted. It wouldn't allow for "creative" differences. I mean, Walt even made fake corporations to buy the land down there. Which is kinda sneaky. You would think they have some good laywers on the payroll to put this in Disney's best interest and not let an outsider interfere. :)

WDW1974

A credible news source doesn't use an Internet forum to break news

Really? The news business in this country ain't what it used to be. ...

Why is there a debate about this? Lee has already said that IGN is correct in this.

So, why should we care what Lee said?!? Is he an expert or something??! An insider?!??! Or just a loser no-lifer like the rest of us, right?

WDW1974

Certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened. (Not with IGN, but with others.)

I 'like' this post but since you have 888 likes and that is a very lucky number in China (you know, my second ... or third home), I won't like this to send you to 889.

Sorry. I'll buy you a Dole Whip to make up for it if we can throw rocks (or vinyls) at bloggers while we're enjoying them tasty treats?

Goofnut1980

I also wonder how many "annoucements" Disney makes with companies for each company to see how it would be received. I mean we are in a digital age, everything is instant. Someone makes one little slip of the tounge and we all know what is going on.

Disney is for-profit. (like you didnt know that, hahaha) Don't you think James Cameron and Disney could easily have said (behind closed doors), "Lets take this for a spin and see how people react. We could always make it dead in the water if people don't won't support it" That would give the organizations a year of watching posts and hearing what people say before spending $1 Billion and not see a return on that investment. JMO

WDW1974

I read somewhere else that there a media event tonight. Anyone happen to know where? None of the parks are closeing super early, not even in DLR. This could be big for F! I haven't found anything for MK though.

No media events. DL closes tomorrow at 5 p.m. for a cast service awards event, imagine if they'd do that at the MK!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't you think, when Disney made the agreement, they would have full rights to make it how they wanted. It wouldn't allow for "creative" differences. I mean, Walt even made fake corporations to buy the land down there. Which is kinda sneaky. You would think they have some good laywers on the payroll to put this in Disney's best interest and not let an outsider interfere. :)

If you are talking about Avatar, Cameron would never agree to something where he didn't have creative control.

Disneyhead'71

When I talked to my photog buddy he said they were invited back this evening for something. I guess by morning we will know everything.

There are rumors on other sites about "upgrades" to the show.

WDW1974

There is nothing in this thread of value except for people so hungry they are willing to jump at any scrap vs actually checking the source. It may be ancedotally correct, but is not a verification of anything. You can stop reading now :)

Thanks. I just took 20 minutes (am a speed reader) to basically catch up ... a total waste though.

Between the naughty words that are on here and the way threads like this just explode instead of being closed when they have no purpose for being, I'm guessing The Mom is on a much deserved holiday and the other mods either started Disney related travel agencies or simply got jobs working for the Mouse and aren't here anymore.

I'm going to test that by saying Josh Hallett/Voce Communications. Let's see if we have mods ...

WDW1974

No, I wouldn't think that because Disney wanted what Cameron had ... and Cameron isn't exactly powerless at the hands of the big, bad rat (Iger not Mickey).

WDW1974

A lil birdie told me this morning.

We'll see... I wouldn't bet my house on it or anything ;).

Well, I see you've been here a decade, but you basically never post.

So, either you have some really good inside info (which is possible) that you decided to share or you don't and decided to share anyway (which is also possible).

I've been told LMA and Backlot both aren't long for the park, regardless of what projects get approved and what ones get cut.

M.rudolf

You overestimate the 13 readers who take anything you say seriously!:p
13 readers that's up from the five he had yesterday. Maybe it's the new recruits for his virtual Disney tour. For 10 bucks he will post what its like to smell the popcorn at Disney,what its like to ride splash and space mountain, and what the fireworks show looks and sounds like. It's even in private message form.
Disclaimer
All sites and sounds reported are from 1984 or a YouTube video

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom