Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

FrankLapidus

A credible news source doesn't use an Internet forum to break news

Are you referring to the insiders here? Either way, it is strange that since Avatarland was announced, we've heard only very small snippets of information about it from those involved with it. How long ago was James Cameron seen touring AK? When Iger is asked about it publicly, he seems hesitant to address it or offers something vague. Something is wrong in regards to Avatarland, how serious it is is dependent on whether you believe the information provided by the insiders on the forum, but it seems odd to me that we haven't seen or heard more about it from Disney since it was announced.

luv

As I was leaving work, I'm a photographer for a local news station, a fellow photographer was just getting back from the press event. I scanned the press release and the biggest thing I saw was the additions to the F! Stadium. I am sure there was other stuff and the press release is in every major fan sites inbox right now we will all know more within hours.
Thanks for the update. :)

They said it would be about Fantasmic, including more seating. Maybe that's all it is - new seating. But they said it would be about the new MK night show, too.

The Avland thing wasn't supposed to be part of the announcement.

tomman710

Are you referring to the insiders here? Either way, it is strange that since Avatarland was announced, we've heard only very small snippets of information about it from those involved with it. How long ago was James Cameron seen touring AK? When Iger is asked about it publicly, he seems hesitant to address it or offers something vague. Something is wrong in regards to Avatarland, how serious it is is dependent on whether you believe the information provided by the insiders on the forum, but it seems odd to me that we haven't seen or heard more about it from Disney since it was announced.

And it took 3-4 years to build Fantasyland with mostly existing attractions ... so if AvLand was happening and supposed to open in 2015/2016 wouldn't work be starting ... now ... or at the very least plans or concept art or something?

M.rudolf

Are you referring to the insiders here? Either way, it is strange that since Avatarland was announced, we've heard only very small snippets of information about it from those involved with it. How long ago was James Cameron seen touring AK? When Iger is asked about it publicly, he seems hesitant to address it. Something is wrong in regards to Avatarland, how serious is is is dependent on whether you believe the information provided by the insiders on the forum, but it seems odd to me that we haven't seen or heard more about it from Disney since it was announced.
No I wasn't referring to any insiders I'm referring to lazy media in general. News sources shouldn't use web sources in general for stories because you can't confirm facts from original source. I agree something is wrong with avatar and it is probably delayed. I find it more credible to hear from lee and 74 , then I do to hear from a website that's notorious for not fact checking. When lee and 74 tell us something they always admit when they aren't 100 %. What I was originally saying was there was no quotes whatsoever in the original interview with Jon Landau on collider or coming soon about disney or avatarland

Jimmy Thick

They did the original interview with Jon Landau was on collider. Avatarland and Disney weren't mentioned.
The world will end tomorrow I aggree with Jimmy Thick

Jon Landau? The producer of Bruce Springsteens legendary album Born To Run?

They could have easily looked at what insiders have been saying on this forum for months and then used that to "break" the story. I don't know how credible this particular media outlet is but it's hard to deny that, in regards to Avatarland since it was announced, the silence has been deafening.

I highly doubt anyone would research a story on what they read on a internet forum. Come on, you really don't believe that do you?

Very, very rarely does any so called "inside" information posted here come to pass, to believe it enough to actually write a story about it would make the writer a laughing stock. IGN as a news outlet is already a laughing stock.

Jimmy Thick- Tramps like us...

PurpleRose

And it took 3-4 years to build Fantasyland with mostly existing attractions ... so if AvLand was happening and supposed to open in 2015/2016 wouldn't work be starting ... now ... or at the very least plans or concept art or something?

It's taking them this long to build Fantasyland because they want to. FLE could easily be done in 2013 but they want to stretch out the opens. I feel like if anything gets announced, like a Cars Land (or some variation), we could see ground breaking very soon.

M.rudolf

Jon Landau? The producer of Bruce Springsteens legendary album Born To Run?

I highly doubt anyone would research a story on what they read on a internet forum. Come on, you really don't believe that do you?

Very, very rarely does any so called "inside" information posted here come to pass, to believe it enough to actually write a story about it would make the writer a laughing stock. IGN as a news outlet is already a laughing stock.

Jimmy Thick- Tramps like us...
I agree different landau good catch though

Alektronic

Thanks for the update. :)

They said it would be about Fantasmic, including more seating. Maybe that's all it is - new seating. But they said it would be about the new MK night show, too.

The Avland thing wasn't supposed to be part of the announcement.

The new night show is "Celebrate the Magic" but hardly any new news.

jrh1985

I read somewhere else that there a media event tonight. Anyone happen to know where? None of the parks are closeing super early, not even in DLR. This could be big for F! I haven't found anything for MK though.

MerlinTheGoat

IGN also stated the past the sequel to Duke Nukem was coming out every year for almost 20 years. IGN is not a reliable source.
So were ALL mainstream gaming news sources, reputable ones. The game is legendary for that. There probably aren't many on here that are familiar with the game's history to know how to rebut your statement. I'm acquainted with the history of Duke Nukem Forever enough to know otherwise though. The game became such a legend in of itself that news about it was present in mainstream news. Especially when the game finally DID release last year-
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4335950...-games/t/duke-nukem-forever-finally-launches/

In all of those reports, the news sources simply relayed what the current developer of the game itself told them. They often showed off art, screens, or even video to back their words up. There's a reason the game has such a legendary status and has basically become a meme in of itself, people use the game as a joke when another game is delayed or takes forever to release (or is canned outright). But regardless, most people who had at least a basic knowledge of gaming during the 90's know that all gaming news sources universally reported the game would be released "soon". It's what the developers were telling them, and what the developers believed at the time. And news on the game was reported by everyone, regardless of credibility.

Difference here is that apart from that uncomfortable board of directors meeting where someone forced the Avatar question on Iger (who was noticeably flustered and uncomfortable at the query), we've heard basically nothing about the project since it was first announced. Go figure.

And again going back to Duke Nukem Forever, in the first many years of its development there was a constant stream of trailers, gameplay videos, screens, concept art, renders, etc etc. Every indication was that it was coming, so there's no wonder why the gaming press thought as much themselves. The game went in and out of development up until its final release recently, and there was always a current developer reconfirming it was still in the works and presenting tangible proof of this (and this did indeed happen pretty much every year since it was announced and was reported by reputable gaming sites). There was far more info than Avatar has so far. And there have been Disney attraction projects that have gotten far more press and further into development than Avatar and were STILL canned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom