Disney springs not doing so well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

I don't personally care about a lot of the stores..but only because we already have them where I live.

I would think the people from small towns would love to be able to shop in a Sephora, Anthropologie, etc. while at Disney Springs.

Has anyone here been to the Anthropologie there? Do they carry mostly clothes/accessories in that location, or is there still a home/furniture section?

lazyboy97o

Whole of speculation - unless your friend is a finance manager, I doubt he knows the books of all of the non-Disney stores. This situation is brought up time and time again. Marketplace is what is slow.
Disney would know the sales if they're getting a cut of them.

21stamps

Disney would know the sales if they're getting a cut of them.
Store employees would not though. This could be he said she said stuff, or maybe their friend actually is in a higher level position where they actually would know. I think it would be a little early to make those determinations..the busy retail time of the year is just about to start.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Bolt- To the best of my knowledge the Marketplace/WOD are the busiest areas.

Are the House of Blues, Cirque du Soleil and Disney Quest pulling in unprecedented numbers that I'm not hearing about?
Marketplace is currently delivering below forecasts. Which is why you are seeing coupons and seasonal events being added there.

The new locations and change of bus stop appear to be responsible.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't personally care about a lot of the stores..but only because we already have them where I live.

I would think the people from small towns would love to be able to shop in a Sephora, Anthropologie, etc. while at Disney Springs.

Has anyone here been to the Anthropologie there? Do they carry mostly clothes/accessories in that location, or is there still a home/furniture section?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/an...story-store-at-disney-springs-town-center.htm

lazyboy97o

Store employees would not though. This could be he said she said stuff, or maybe their friend actually is in a higher level position where they actually would know. I think it would be a little early to make those determinations..the busy retail time of the year is just about to start.
Employees would know trends if they have daily sales goals that the store is expected to meet.

alissafalco

Homecoming didnt do much for me. Now i didnt have the deviled eggs and i was dining by myself and didnt want a full order, but for the price of the shrimp and grits I was disappointed.
I thought Paradiso37 was much better and actually ate there three out of eight visits.
Next time get the shrimp & grits at the GF Cafe. It was sooo good!
IMG_5848.JPG

Wegerter

If you go there it's very clear the new areas are not struggling as a whole. There may be a few stores that don't make it, but that doesn't mean that the whole thing is a failure. You just have to find the right type of stores that work in an area. Also the fact that restaurants are there creates a draw to the area for people to shop in the stores even if they are generic. As a local I've seen first hand how popular Disney Springs is in the Orlando and Tampa areas. People are coming to have dinner and browse stores, but they are not coming to the marketplace because they have seen that already and it comes of as touristy to the local crowd.
Disney can fix this by having special events in the marketplace to draw crowds like they are doing, but that won't be a permanent fix. It is likely that next to the shiny new area people are not going to want to come to the old marketplace. The permanent fix would be to create a complete " reimagineering" to the marketplace to attract more people.

Bolt

If you go there it's very clear the new areas are not struggling as a whole. There may be a few stores that don't make it, but that doesn't mean that the whole thing is a failure. You just have to find the right type of stores that work in an area. Also the fact that restaurants are there creates a draw to the area for people to shop in the stores even if they are generic. As a local I've seen first hand how popular Disney Springs is in the Orlando and Tampa areas. People are coming to have dinner and browse stores, but they are not coming to the marketplace because they have seen that already and it comes of as touristy to the local crowd.
Disney can fix this by having special events in the marketplace to draw crowds like they are doing, but that won't be a permanent fix. It is likely that next to the shiny new area people are not going to want to come to the old marketplace. The permanent fix would be to create a complete " reimagineering" to the marketplace to attract more people.
Could this be why they are doing Festival of Trees at the old Marketplace bus loop, meet Santa near World of Disney or a nightly tree lighting and dance party near Once Upon a Toy...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/holidays-at-disney-springs/

21stamps

This is a fun read, might not be directly related, but there is statistics that show the economy is weakened on presidential election years, specifically non-incumbent years, based on uncertainty:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/b...ts-least-favorite-thing-uncertainty.html?_r=0
It is always a factor. Also advertising spots raise in price during election years.

@AJH219 I agree they will know some goals. I guarantee that most, if not all, do not actually know the actual profit and/or overhead of the store itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom