Disney quest closing noooooooooooooo

Otterhead

We have never been; however, we were thinking of going with our kids this June. Is it even worth it or should we just spend the time enjoying Disney Springs instead? Is two hours enough time to see it?
Two hours is plenty of time, normally; with the announced closing, there may be extra lines from people wanting to see it one last time. The virtual rides are fun and something you'll never see anywhere else, but it's not worth a special trip, especially if things are still in disrepair.

nickys

Premium Member
We used to have lots of fun there with our boys when they were younger. Actually DH and they had great fun, but still ....... However on our last trip, 3 years on, I did ask them if they wanted to go but they weren't bothered.

TBH, not sure we would have gone if we had to pay extra, but the UK tickets included it in the price. Obviously my "nostalgia" for it wasn't really shared by them lol!

However I did like the virtual rides. Wonder if they'd consider putting some of them into Epcot somewhere? Kind of a "retro" pavilion. But since they got rid of Sum of all Thrills, I guess not.

thomas998

Disneyquest is a treasure trove for a gamer like myself. Especially with arcades being nearly extinct. However, I go to Disney for parks and resorts, and if there's an arcade in my resort, cool, but I'm not willing to pay extra to spend an entire day there. It's a shame that the place is stuck in 1996. I like it for the nostalgia effect, but unfortunately the only people using that building now are locals who drop their kids off for the day on a Saturday.
We used to use it for the occasional day when it was going to be a long thunderstorm because we could stay dry... but the only two things I'll miss about it are the pirates and build your own roller coaster. The other games worth playing can be found in other places, their other VR games were pretty bad, maybe cool when they first opened but Disney never seemed willing to pump any money back into the place after they opened it. Has been a couple of years since we went there and I actually felt ripped off by the fact that I don't think I found a single regular video game that worked as it should.... That said I don't know if it will really close in July.... They had announced it closing before and then at the last minute kept it open... guess no matter how low the number of visitors goes it probably still makes money since the appear to spend absolutely nothing on maintenance.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
They were all fun, but I had a special fondness for the Pirates ride. Sure, you kids with your VR and your Oculus can play all kinds of snazzy games, but can you stand on the deck of a pirate ship and shoot cannons at ghost pirate ships coming at you from all sides?? Only at DisneyQuest.

My last visit in October was a bit sad. The virtual games were all there, and there was a line for them (!) but so many classic arcade games were down for maintenance, the food stand was closed, and even the Genie wasn't in the elevators anymore.
Ahh I remember genie ,that was great at the time,but even the elevator looked tired,you know what though,there are a awful lot of posts stating that Disney needs to start updating and giving things a lick of paint ,they have the money so let's hope things start looking great again

NelleBelle

Makes me kinda sad :( My DH and 2 DS are huge gamers so it was a place they were happy to spend a few hours while I shopped! But I admit, the build your own roller coaster was what got my oldest DS to finally start riding roller coasters that went upside down (and anything that was faster than 7DMT) :p Last Oct was the last time we were in there and it was depressing how nothing seemed to be kept up to snuff, ya know? The VR games/rides will be missed.

barkerbird

Although I do feel that it's time for DisneyQuest to go, I'm not sure where else I can find these:

IMG_0972.JPG
:
IMG_0973.JPG

The Empress Lilly

We have never been; however, we were thinking of going with our kids this June. Is it even worth it or should we just spend the time enjoying Disney Springs instead? Is two hours enough time to see it?
Go!

I went twice last week and had a blast. It is still a five floor labyrinth of cool retro games and some unique experiences. It is all true that the place is outdated and all. But still it's a great half day. Try Buzz' Astro blasters, Pirates, Animation Academy and Cyber Space Mountain. Each perfect fun, great for kids.

I also love the Disney feel, the nineties vibe. A good Disney era. For me a hotdog from the food quest counter and eating it in the Alice cafe is as good a counter service experience as any in WDW, all in blissful absense of the intense crowds that plague the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom