Disney quest closing noooooooooooooo

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
surely not,is it really closing,you can't get to play the retro arcade games anymore in cabinets,this was great fun,Gorf,defender etc,I hear NBA attraction going there,

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
surely not,is it really closing,you can't get to play the retro arcade games anymore in cabinets,this was great fun,Gorf,defender etc,I hear NBA attraction going there,
You are not missing much. The old machines were very poorly maintained and I could not find a single one without a major issue (dead, stick, buttons, screens with a dropped colors, etc) on my last trip. The rest of the place was left almost as is since the day it opened which is a very bad thing for a place based largely around video games.

I love video games but with much rather see the place burn to the grown than continue like it is.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
You are not missing much. The old machines were very poorly maintained and I could not find a single one without a major issue (dead, stick, buttons, screens with a dropped colors, etc) on my last trip. The rest of the place was left almost as is since the day it opened which is a very bad thing for a place based largely around video games.

I love video games but with much rather see the place burn to the grown than continue like it is.
Fair comment,shame though as it really was the last place I played gorf,remember eating the pizza with my young son of 10yrs,he loved it,but I do agree that the 3d style games looked pretty crappy esp the raft ride if you remember it.ta for reply

Kamikaze

Fair comment,shame though as it really was the last place I played gorf,remember eating the pizza with my young son of 10yrs,he loved it,but I do agree that the 3d style games looked pretty crappy esp the raft ride if you remember it.ta for reply

Get an emulator and do it at home for free. You can even buy a cabinet if you really want to. Spend your time at Disney doing something else.

FigmentJedi

Only real loss of Disney Quest's closure is the virtual rides. If Disney actually cared enough, would be great to see some compilation port for the various home VR systems.

Otterhead

Only real loss of Disney Quest's closure is the virtual rides.
They were all fun, but I had a special fondness for the Pirates ride. Sure, you kids with your VR and your Oculus can play all kinds of snazzy games, but can you stand on the deck of a pirate ship and shoot cannons at ghost pirate ships coming at you from all sides?? Only at DisneyQuest.

My last visit in October was a bit sad. The virtual games were all there, and there was a line for them (!) but so many classic arcade games were down for maintenance, the food stand was closed, and even the Genie wasn't in the elevators anymore.

barkerbird

Disneyquest is a treasure trove for a gamer like myself. Especially with arcades being nearly extinct. However, I go to Disney for parks and resorts, and if there's an arcade in my resort, cool, but I'm not willing to pay extra to spend an entire day there. It's a shame that the place is stuck in 1996. I like it for the nostalgia effect, but unfortunately the only people using that building now are locals who drop their kids off for the day on a Saturday.

barkerbird

They were all fun, but I had a special fondness for the Pirates ride. Sure, you kids with your VR and your Oculus can play all kinds of snazzy games, but can you stand on the deck of a pirate ship and shoot cannons at ghost pirate ships coming at you from all sides?? Only at DisneyQuest.

My last visit in October was a bit sad. The virtual games were all there, and there was a line for them (!) but so many classic arcade games were down for maintenance, the food stand was closed, and even the Genie wasn't in the elevators anymore.

The last time I went was sad as well. I believe it was 2014. The place was dirty, and like you said the food stand was closed. One thing I liked was the addition of Fix It Felix Jr. from Wreck It Ralph. I'm disappointed that my kids won't know this place like I did, but that was a different time. I'll have to teach them what Downtown Disney Marketplace, West End, Pleasure Island, and Disneyquest means...craziness!

WDWTank

The pinball machines especially....

Todd H

Get an emulator and do it at home for free. You can even buy a cabinet if you really want to. Spend your time at Disney doing something else.

Indeed. Here's mine. Built it a few years ago. My son plays it all the time.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 55

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No doubt that it was once a great place. For all the things the Mouse is good at, maintaining attractions that need regular updates is not one of them.

KrzyKtty

We have never been; however, we were thinking of going with our kids this June. Is it even worth it or should we just spend the time enjoying Disney Springs instead? Is two hours enough time to see it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom