News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I am intrigued with the "more to come" tease.

The Disney stunt shows (Indy and the gone LMA) are so poor when compared to the fantastic Bourne Stunt show. Let's get some updates and new entertainment. Make this park feel alive again!

Indy is pathetic now. Thier idea of action or conflict is to have harsh glances and insulting body language to replace anything that resembles a weapon.

mf1972

except for the under the sea segment, we didn’t care much for the show. we’ll check out the new version just to see how it is. but personally, we though hunchback was 1 of the better live action shows they had there at the time.

discos

Exactly. And it’s worked just fine for them in their live shows, both in and out of the theme parks. Ciara Renee, who replaced Caissie Levy as Elsa on Broadway was outstanding. Aisha Jackson was a great Anna. Tiana Okoye was probably the best sung Elsa I’ve heard, and she played the role at Disneyland. Marina Kondo (who’s Asian) played Anna on tour. Even in Beauty and the Beast, there was Toni Braxton, and later Ann Sanders (another Asian actress).

Each time, audiences managed just fine and we all seemed to survive.
I agree that it totally will and has worked, but in terms of the theme parks, stage shows always feature "the" actual character like what's seen in meet and greet & parades. The only time where it's not been the case is in the shows at DCA's Hyperion Theatre. When they had Aladdin and Frozen, all of those performers were just actors playing the parts in the show. They weren't the "actual characters." I assume it's because of the scale and size of the theatre being more of the "Broadway" experience. So I don't know if WDW would go this route, especially since the Animation Courtyard Theatre is a much smaller and intimate venue. I think they'll continue to cast look a like musical theatre performers to fill the role.

castlecake2.0

I wonder if Launch Bay will be repurposed in the immediate future. I’m a massive Star Wars fan and nearly skip it each time.
The animation experience was such a popular attraction for guests, and I’m sure the Archives have more than enough stuff they could ship over to make some displays for a walk through. Launch Bay has ran its course. They could swap Mickey Minnie and Olaf out with the Star Wars characters and then that way they’re closer to star tours and then you can have SW stuff in 2 areas instead of 3

Lirael

Interesting wording in the Disney Food Blog post about the new show coming

That's like introducing your new wife as your ex-girlfriend

View attachment 759483

This reminds me of a few days ago, I was checking DFB and there was a title "How Will Virtual Queues Work in Disney World When Park Pass Reservations Go Away?"... and inside was them literally typing "we really don’t know"

You'd think DFB was big enough that it didn't need this much bait and scummy tactics to generate views but oh well

James Alucobond

I for one welcome the Scuttle Rap.

Extended version.
No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Thank goodness... that show was tired! Most of it was just watching animations on a screen. Hopefully the new show will fall more in line with Tokyo's version. Although the concept art is giving Broadway like the Nemo and BATB WDW shows.

Mikey73181

If it’s true that the theater has gotten moldy during the closure, I bet the water curtain and mist is gone in the new version.

pdude81

I am intrigued with the "more to come" tease.

The Disney stunt shows (Indy and the gone LMA) are so poor when compared to the fantastic Bourne Stunt show. Let's get some updates and new entertainment. Make this park feel alive again!
I like Bourne but it's a lot of time waiting and queueing for a show that doesn't work half the time. Too much tech can be a different problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom