News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

brb1006

This rumor still sounds very much like the concept of Philharmagic only in darkride form. The difference being they might be using non-Disney and non-animated features but still set to music with Mickey and Friends weaving in and out of the action. I don't know if I like that.

Still holding out hope for a "History of Mickey through the Years" concept.
I really hope for the Mickey through the years concept.

Castle Cake Apologist

@marni1971 just debunked the Movie Musical rumor a page or two ago...

Martin's a sneaky guy. He debunked what the Tweet said, but he didn't debunk the concept of a ride where Mickey leads the riders through a journey of specifically Disney musicals. I actually like the idea of this concept, so I'm kind of hoping there was some actual nugget of truth there.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

Martin's a sneaky guy. He debunked what the Tweet said, but he didn't debunk the concept of a ride where Mickey leads the riders through a journey of specifically Disney musicals. I actually like the idea of this concept, so I'm kind of hoping there was some actual nugget of truth there.
Ah, but you're forgetting one of his earlier posts:
And yes, the GMR is being replaced by a single Disney IP. That's a cold fact.
I wouldn't consider Mickey traveling through musicals (Disney or not) a single IP attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom