News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

DinoInstitute

I hope reimagined means the whole thing is tossed out and replaced with a better concept. Still rooting for Pixar Place.
I still don't understand why they couldn't have just made Pixar Place with a mini TS sub land with TSMM and one of the TSL rides, but alas.
My biggest hope for reimagined means the coaster was cut. I mean it looks fun, but out of place, and you could fit at least two solid attractions on the plot (a dark ride, a show, the Woody's roundup area, and more).

But I'm getting ahead of way too myself. The most these changes probably are would be retheming a gift shop or something minuscule like that :( :p

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Some of the people here who have defended the timelines for everything from New Fantasyland to Frozen Ever After. Sorry I don't have a specific list of names :rolleyes:

Gotcha. Yeah, the timelines do stink. I think more people now though are willing to accept the longer timeline IF they produce quality results. I wouldn't call that defending them but that is where I am about it nowadays.

HauntedMansionFLA

I still don't understand why they couldn't have just made Pixar Place with a mini TS sub land with TSMM and one of the TSL rides, but alas.
My biggest hope for reimagined means the coaster was cut. I mean it looks fun, but out of place, and you could fit at least two solid attractions on the plot (a dark ride, a show, the Woody's roundup area, and more).

But I'm getting ahead of way too myself. The most these changes probably are would be retheming a gift shop or something minuscule like that :( :p
Yep, I was hoping for an UP area in a Pixar Place. It had a lot potential to be a great land with quality characters to use.

JohnD

I know they never would, but I would like that. The park could use a good omnimover, it's entire story is that it's a toy play set so it would fit so much better, and there's a nice plot between the alien ride and SWL that won't be used. Plus, I don't think the "shooting" style clash with TSMM would be an issue in this land as it's about toys and playing; it makes sense. Again, not something likely to ever happen, but a TL update and more in TSL would be pretty great.

Buzz and TSMM are similar attractions with TSMM having the better technology. I can't see them moving an attraction into HS that almost does the same thing. One is 3D and you pulll a rope to shoot at a screen of different targets seen through the 3D glasses. The other has you point a laser gun with a red dot at actual moving items.

DinoInstitute

Buzz and TSMM are similar attractions with TSMM having the better technology. I can't see them moving an attraction into HS that almost does the same thing. One is 3D and you pulll a rope to shoot at a screen of different targets seen through the 3D glasses. The other has you point a laser gun with a red dot at actual moving items.
Eh, I think they are different enough experiences, each one fun in their own ways. Yeah, they are similar, but I don't think that's what would stop them from moving it to DHS- the fact that it's really expensive to move an attraction would probably be first.

Matt7187

I was just about to say the exact same thing. Two shooter rides are not needed in one mini land.

Bocabear

Eh, I think they are different enough experiences, each one fun in their own ways. Yeah, they are similar, but I don't think that's what would stop them from moving it to DHS- the fact that it's really expensive to move an attraction would probably be first.
they absolutely would not have two Toy Story themed shooting gallery rides in the same area of the same park....that is just nuts. It is bad enough that they have two shooting gallery style rides based on the same exact IP in two parks at the same resort....I wuld not ever look for them to move Buzz to DHS...ever.

DinoInstitute

Amen. Not everything needs to be aimed at a brain dead toddler.
Well, I like it :confused::p
they absolutely would not have two Toy Story themed shooting gallery rides in the same area of the same park....that is just nuts. It is bad enough that they have two shooting gallery style rides based on the same exact IP in two parks at the same resort....I wuld not ever look for them to move Buzz to DHS...ever.
My point is just that, the premise of the Buzz ride is that you are in a toy story play set... Where does that attraction make the most sense? Definitely not Tomorrowland. I personally don't think it's nuts at all, given the theme of the land, but that's just me I guess.

Daveeeeed

Well, I like it :confused::p

My point is just that, the premise of the Buzz ride is that you are in a toy story play set... Where does that attraction make the most sense? Definitely not Tomorrowland. I personally don't think it's nuts at all, given the theme of the land, but that's just me I guess.
If Buzz would not be a shooter it would be a welcome addition to Toy Story land, but the issue is to have two shooters in the same land, possibly Falcon over in Star Wars having the capability to shoot, it just would be too much.

Mike S

Haunted Mansion at Disneyland sat for 6 or 7 years unfinished. Just a house to look at while they decided what was going to be inside. Disney has a bit of a history of taking their own sweet time.
Because the original plan of a walk through went kaput and they had no idea what to do with it. Plus Walt died. I'm sure once they settled on the idea close to what we see today it didn't take them that long to get it up and running. They even had time to design one for WDW that was actually one of the first things finished in Magic Kingdom while most of everything else was still dirt.
MansionConst1.png

MansionConst2.png

MansionConst3.png

It's not very clear but the facade is up in the last photo. Link to where these came from: http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2013/10/raising-or-lowering-dead.html?m=1

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

If Buzz would not be a shooter it would be a welcome addition to Toy Story land, but the issue is to have two shooters in the same land, possibly Falcon over in Star Wars having the capability to shoot, it just would be too much.
In any other land I'd agree, but I think of TSL as an exception as, I've always seen the shooter rides as like games, and a land that's all about toys would make a great place to house "game" attractions IMO.

Sped2424

I hope Lasseter got involved. Toy Story is one of hís kids and I would hope he wouldn't want another sub par TSL at the parks. He would be one that would benefit the parks if he would become CEO. He worked in the larks when he was young. He made comments about seeing broken attractions when touring the larks with executives pointing out it was broke the last time he was there. One would hope they are trying to plus this land.
Lasseter is fine and needs to stay where he is running the animated division. I don't think he wants to be CEO of the entire company anyways.

csmat99

Lasseter is fine and needs to stay where he is running the animated division. I don't think he wants to be CEO of the entire company anyways.
He isn't qualified to be CEO of a multi media company like Disney . We don't need the CEO to have worked at Disney Parks/WDI we need a CEO that cares and understands what the parks need and hires someone who has the authority and knowledge to get it done. Not be a yes man and back down every-time they are told no. This person needs to have the vision and a plan. something that has been missing for a very long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom