News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Magic Feather

The LPS ride that will be the most similar to Mickey is indeed Alcatraz, and I predict that a many comparisons will be drawn. IMO (and this is very subjective) I would rather ride Mickey than Alcatraz in their current (and mostly final) forms. My primary fear is that, in the interest of hurrying stuff along, some of the aspects that make Mickey unique might be scrapped. It is, and will be a very nice ride. It is just a darn shame that it has to come (in TWDC's mind) at the expense of one of the most impressive rides made by WDI.

PS: If you want a scapegoat, blame the cowboy scene.

Kman101

It feels like they were simply looking for any reason to get rid of an older attraction that needed updating and who wants to argue against a Mickey ride? They know it should have been a new build, IMHO. I get their line of thinking but at the same time, this park needs added rides, not replacements. But I'm beating a dead horse at this point I guess. Just still really disappointing. Thanks for the details you can give @Magic Feather and just out of curiosity why are they using the Cowboy scene as an excuse to get rid of the ride? And what will be scrapped, MansionButler84 said it actually got an increase in budget ...

Magic Feather

It feels like they were simply looking for any reason to get rid of an older attraction that needed updating and who wants to argue against a Mickey ride? They know it should have been a new build, IMHO. I get their line of thinking but at the same time, this park needs added rides, not replacements. But I'm beating a dead horse at this point I guess. Just still really disappointing. Thanks for the details you can give @Magic Feather and just out of curiosity why are they using the Cowboy scene as an excuse to get rid of the ride? And what will be scrapped, MansionButler84 said it actually got an increase in budget ...
image.jpeg

And my concerns about things getting scrapped are in the interest of time, not money.

wdwgreek

The LPS ride that will be the most similar to Mickey is indeed Alcatraz, and I predict that a many comparisons will be drawn. IMO (and this is very subjective) I would rather ride Mickey than Alcatraz in their current (and mostly final) forms. My primary fear is that, in the interest of hurrying stuff along, some of the aspects that make Mickey unique might be scrapped. It is, and will be a very nice ride. It is just a darn shame that it has to come (in TWDC's mind) at the expense of one of the most impressive rides made by WDI.

The cowboy scene? What in tarnation, is wrong with that scene?!?! Also if they are going to rip out my favorite ride and the thematic centerpiece of the park they best not cheap out!

Herah

Hmm I wonder how often I feel like I get gangster about 90% of the time. Needless to say it was a nice surprise to have the cowboy scene this time imo its much more impressive.
The front car gets the cowboy, the back car gets the gangster -- both scenes run at the same time, and then the cars join again for Alien. If they're only running one car it will be the gangster.

For years I didn't even know there was a cowboy scene -- because we are a scooter party and always sit in the last row of the back car.

180º

The front car gets the cowboy, the back car gets the gangster -- both scenes run at the same time, and then the cars join again for Alien. If they're only running one car it will be the gangster.

For years I didn't even know there was a cowboy scene -- because we are a scooter party and always sit in the last row of the back car.
It's an amazingly choreographed ride, isn't it? The RVs actually don't meet up in Alien, and are separated and moving at different paces all the way up until they finally meet in Munchkinland. After the hijackings, The front train speeds along through Alien to start the show in the Indiana Jones scene, and the back train takes its time through the Western town and Alien scenes and arrives at the Indiana Jones scene right after the first train has left. While the back train is in the Indiana Jones scene, the front train eases slowly through the Tarzan scene, and the back train catches up somewhere in between Casablanca and Munchkinland. Then, both trains are together for the Wicked Witch's confrontation and stay together all the way to unload.

britain

Whoa - so Alcatraz, the ride @JediMasterMatt said is intended to be the world's greatest modern themed attraction, isn't as good (in your subjective opinion) as Mickey? Or is this just because you don't care for Star Wars as much as the mouse?

Haymarket2008

Sorry if I am not reading your response right, but are you suggesting that Alcatraz is receiving budget cuts? I would be shocked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom