Disney Movie Magic show at DHS - discontinued after 8/26?

Disney Dad 3000

With great movie ride leaving maybe it's just a way to start distancing from the classic movies vibe? Not a clue, just speculating.

Youd think maybe they'd do the opposite to make up for closing the GMR for those of us that love the attraction. I know it's wishful thinking to get all of the GMR films in the show, but would be at least something. Amazing how some films really pop with the projection mapping with how the they fit the facade aND structures.

PrincessJulia1207

Original Poster
Isn't this show projected on the facade of the Great Movie Ride? I know they said the exterior of the theater will be unchanged but I would imagine it's still possible that they'll be putting up scrims around the whole thing so they can keep prying eyes away from the work going on.
i hope not! that's what i'm most worried about here :cry::mad::eek:

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Isn't this show projected on the facade of the Great Movie Ride? I know they said the exterior of the theater will be unchanged but I would imagine it's still possible that they'll be putting up scrims around the whole thing so they can keep prying eyes away from the work going on.

Unchanged forever, like even when the Mickey ride opens, or just for the foreseeable future?

Sped2424

That would also effect the star wars projection show and that seems to be running as well as jingle bell jingle bam for the foreseeable future. So I would say this is either the show going down or times just not being updated .

PizzaPlanet

Or maybe just for a little while since they will have to remove the GMR banners and signage.

No Name

Maybe it was just meant to be an offering for the busy season. It just began one day with hardly a notice, so I see no reason why it couldn't end with hardly a notice as well.

Although, with the GMR closed and the park down to four rides, you'd think they'd want to keep something like this running.

In that case, they would not have the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular scheduled either. But they do.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Maybe it was just meant to be an offering for the busy season. It just began one day with hardly a notice, so I see no reason why it couldn't end with hardly a notice as well.

Although, with the GMR closed and the park down to four rides, you'd think they'd want to keep something like this running.

In that case, they would not have the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular scheduled either. But they do.
Could Star Wars run with limited projections during the construction? They could still have the show but shift the focus to more pyro and less projection.

No Name

Could Star Wars run with limited projections during the construction? They could still have the show but shift the focus to more pyro and less projection.

I just don't see why the theater would be behind a scrim? The work is all inside the building.

But let's say they do need to making some changes, repaint, etc... wouldn't they, at the very least, wait until Toy Story Land opens? Having only four rides and major contruction visible will already result in lower guest satisfaction. They really can't afford to be have the park centerpiece behind a scrim.

I really think they're just going back to one show for the slower season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom