News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpac24

I'm not living in fear. I've had selfish, stupid people up to my freaking eyeballs.

This isn't that hard. Wear a mask when you should, keep your distance from people, and get freaking vaccinated.
Sorry but since you keep bringing it up some of your insentience for people to follow mandates that are no longer in effect in their state is selfish. Also insisting someone get a vaccine for your health is ridiculous because for most not getting the vaccine is in regards to their health. If the vaccine works than them not getting it should have nothing to do with you because you got it. My husband and I both got it but our children aren't right now because there is not enough research for me to inject into their young and healthy bodies. Maybe in a year or two.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Sorry but since you keep bringing it up some of your insentience for people to follow mandates that are no longer in effect in their state is selfish. Also insisting someone get a vaccine for your health is ridiculous because for most not getting the vaccine is in regards to their health. If the vaccine works than them not getting it should have nothing to do with you because you got it. My husband and I both got it but our children aren't right now because there is not enough research for me to inject into their young and healthy bodies. Maybe in a year or two.
You're reading tons into what I'm saying that isn't there. Nice job.

When I can go INTO the supermarket and not see 6 adults with masks either below their nose or so loose that they might as well have nothing over their faces, I'll stop yelling about masks.

When people stop creeping up right behind me while in line at the supermarket, I'll stop yelling about distancing.

When people stop spreading anti-vaccine garbage that is absolutely untrue, I'll stop yelling about vaccines.

Funny how those groups overlap by a lot, too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've seen it work at the largest zoo in the nation. People on the street here just step aside. It's not that hard really. Honestly if you are that worried about it, wear a mask, but science even says it's not necessary. There comes a point where you either have faith that it will be fine or not. I've been practical from the start. It is hard to let go of fears, I get it, but we cannot keep doing things because of it even when science says it's okay.
While just out on my bike or walking I'm not going to bother with a mask but will have it if I wind up in a congested area things like outdoor markets I'll wear mine because distancing isn't consistent and pulling it and down is a pita and I leave it on between stores if they're close but that's just me

ImperfectPixie

While just out on my bike or walking I'm not going to bother with a mask but will have it if I wind up in a congested area things like outdoor markets I'll wear mine because distancing isn't consistent and pulling it and down is a pita and I leave it on between stores if they're close but that's just me
My favorite is the people at Walmart who go in wearing a mask, and pull it down the minute they're hidden in the aisles.

tpac24

You're reading tons into what I'm saying that isn't there. Nice job.

When I can go INTO the supermarket and not see 6 adults with masks either below their nose or so loose that they might as well have nothing over their faces, I'll stop yelling about masks.

When people stop creeping up right behind me while in line at the supermarket, I'll stop yelling about distancing.

When people stop spreading anti-vaccine garbage that is absolutely untrue, I'll stop yelling about vaccines.

Funny how those groups overlap by a lot, too.
When I taught first grade I use to draw an ear on the chalk board so my habitual tattlers would have something to tell the their drama to. That was 20 years ago and I often wondered how those few kids turned out and now I think I know.

ImperfectPixie

I specifically said states with no mandates but you keep by passing that fact.
The mandates aren't what's important here. Regardless of if there's a mandate or not, people should be wearing masks indoors when with people who aren't their immediate family.

Because lets face it, there are leaders who want to remove all mandates for political reasons.

tpac24

The mandates aren't what's important here. Regardless of if there's a mandate or not, people should be wearing masks indoors when with people who aren't their immediate family.
They are actually very important because people look to their leadership on how to proceed with covid. Our school district has a no mask mandate. I was thrilled with seeing my students faces and them seeing mine. I am certainly not teaching in a mask all day because someone like you thinks I should . Especially when the health experts that were consulted said it is safe to stop.

Edited : Also it is not that I don't appreciate and respect your opinions it just doesn't drive how I live my life.

Disvillain63

So honest question. Are people actually outdoor masking? In NC that hasn’t been going on since last summer. Honest question
Most in GA aren't, but there are a few. My personal favorites are the ones who wear it while driving their car...no one else is in the car.

ImperfectPixie

They are actually very important because people look to their leadership on how to proceed with covid. Our school district has a no mask mandate. I was thrilled with seeing my students faces and them seeing mine. I am certainly not teaching in a mask all day because someone like you thinks I should . Especially when the health experts that were consulted said it is safe to stop.

Edited : Also it is not that I don't appreciate and respect your opinions it just doesn't drive how I live my life.
And as we've seen in various places throughout the country, some leaders aren't acting with the public health in mind.

GaBoy

I don't now how many people will admit it but most people I personally know (not a mind reader) that have been vaccinated did it so they don't get sick. That's all. Personal protection. They were looking out for their own personal safety. That was my primary driver for my extended family. We just didn't want to flip the coin. They also felt that they were now protected and life did change mentally, right or wrong, it did and does. Much less concerned with masking and eating out in crowds now. But we have not had a mandate here and only wore when it was absolutely required by a business. We didn't mind if someone wore a mask outside, just thought it really looked uncomfortable. But I think the general attitude was to do whatever you felt that you needed to. I don't think there is a spin to put on this that will convince people to get vaccinated who don't personally feel threatened. The threat motivated my family but it was a personal threat.

disneygeek90

I watched a White Sox home game last night, and the camera showed the crowd as usual. The rule is that you must wear a mask covering both nose and mouth unless you are seated and actively eating or drinking. Almost no one did this. I would estimate about two thirds of the people I saw had masks, but you could count on one hand the number who had them covering mouth and nose. Most had them under their chin or hanging from one ear. There was some social distancing between parties with the seating. I understand that in theory masks are still necessary, but in practice I wonder if they are actually doing any good in an outdoor ballpark setting - I know they don't work the way they were being "worn."
I went to a few spring training games, and almost no one was wearing masks (myself included) while seated. The “pods” were already distanced... and we were outside. Seemed pretty pointless honestly. Almost everyone while watching a game has a snack or drink they’re working on anyway.

ImperfectPixie

I don't now how many people will admit it but most people I personally know (not a mind reader) that have been vaccinated did it so they don't get sick. That's all. Personal protection. They were looking out for their own personal safety. That was my primary driver for my extended family. We just didn't want to flip the coin. They also felt that they were now protected and life did change mentally, right or wrong, it did and does. Much less concerned with masking and eating out in crowds now. But we have not had a mandate here and only wore when it was absolutely required by a business. We didn't mind if someone wore a mask outside, just thought it really looked uncomfortable. But I think the general attitude was to do whatever you felt that you needed to. I don't think there is a spin to put on this that will convince people to get vaccinated who don't personally feel threatened. The threat motivated my family but it was a personal threat.
And the bolded is a BIG problem. There are large numbers of people out there still convinced it's a hoax, or who won't realize how important vaccination is until someone they know personally either dies or suffers severe consequences.

My bestie did everything right. She's been working from home since last march. She's had groceries only delivered. She hasn't gone anywhere. She CAN'T be vaccinated because she has an immune disorder that makes vaccination dangerous for her. Her husband owns a garage. The wife of one of his employees is loudly anti-mask, anti-distancing, and anti-vaccine...she got COVID. She gave it to her husband, who brought it to work and gave it to my bestie's husband, who brought it home, and now my bestie has it. So far, she's doing okay (THANK GOD), but we still don't know the long-term effects of COVID.

And my bestie is why I will NEVER stop yelling for people to mask up, distance and suck it up and get the vaccine. There are lots of people out there who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons - including children - and they need the rest of us to do what's right.

Chi84

Premium Member
I went to a few spring training games, and almost no one was wearing masks (myself included) while seated. The “pods” were already distanced... and we were outside. Seemed pretty pointless honestly. Almost everyone while watching a game has a snack or drink they’re working on anyway.
I think my angst stems from the fact that I'm a compulsive rule-follower. If people who don't like mask mandates are just going to ignore them, there will never be any incentive to formally remove them. The day my state adopted a mask mandate, I told my husband that I would probably be the last person wearing one. From what I'm seeing, it looks like I was right.

TXRob

And the bolded is a BIG problem. There are large numbers of people out there still convinced it's a hoax, or who won't realize how important vaccination is until someone they know personally either dies or suffers severe consequences.

My bestie did everything right. She's been working from home since last march. She's had groceries only delivered. She hasn't gone anywhere. She CAN'T be vaccinated because she has an immune disorder that makes vaccination dangerous for her. Her husband owns a garage. The wife of one of his employees is loudly anti-mask, anti-distancing, and anti-vaccine...she got COVID. She gave it to her husband, who brought it to work and gave it to my bestie's husband, who brought it home, and now my bestie has it. So far, she's doing okay (THANK GOD), but we still don't know the long-term effects of COVID.

And my bestie is why I will NEVER stop yelling for people to mask up, distance and suck it up and get the vaccine. There are lots of people out there who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons - including children - and they need the rest of us to do what's right.
So we have to wear masks for another 3 years because of .01% of the population?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom