News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

WorldExplorer

Seeing that Dinosaur Gertie cookie is enough to make me want to bite the bullet and go, but I'll likely hold off still. I wish this event weren't so expensive. I love Gertie; that cookie should be offered all during the holiday season for park guests, too.

It's an adorable cookie, but stood out to me as really basic for something where I'm paying for the privilege of buying the cookie.

If you like them that much, you could try making your own. Simple dinosaur cookie cutters with icing transfers for the hats will net you the same look and be cheaper. Then you can share them!

(My family is going to do just that. Coincidentally, we were planning it before this announcement.)

Jambo Dad

Like a lot of you we cut back doing Disney. We are dipping out toe in December mostly because we love AKL. We are only doing the two Christmas parties during the week we are there. Hopefully we won’t be massively disappointed. Disney has become good at that. I will report back:

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
For what it is worth, these are the only attractions currently showing hours for the first night of Disney's Jollywood Nights.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Tower of Terror
So if ToT is running, and the Tip Top Club is in the courtyard (assuming that's the area you spill out into after the ride), how does that work? Does everyone who rides get to pass through? Or do we think it will be elsewhere with a separate line to enter?

radiorae

I wonder if Tip Top Club will be ToT adjacent instead of actually in the courtyard. Proximity without traffic congestion. The actual courtyard just doesn’t seem like a big enough area. Looking at google maps it appears as though there’s a big open area leading to fantasmic right next to ToT. Maybe there will be an entrance/check-in at the real courtyard and then lead either there or a different area? (Admittedly, I haven’t really stared too much at the ToT exit area before, so I have no idea if there’s a real service path connecting the two or not.)

If they really wanted to upset some more people they could hold it in the Lightning McQueen courtyard — it’s got ToT sight lines, so I wouldn’t put it past them making the stretch 😅

Attachments

• 80495C19-2E7E-4435-8C06-3773D549FBE4.jpeg
    80495C19-2E7E-4435-8C06-3773D549FBE4.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 61

Bocabear

I am surprised they have never built a brick and mortar Tip Top Club adjacent to the tower...I would much prefer dining in a fantastic ruined art-deco nightclub with views over 1930s LA than Space 220... It would be a much more engaging and vibrant experience... Take a rickety elevator ride to the "top"...Lunch and dinner, special events ballroom for events...It could be spectacular...and imaginative....and very classic Disney.

ToTBellHop

I am surprised they have never built a brick and mortar Tip Top Club adjacent to the tower...I would much prefer dining in a fantastic ruined art-deco nightclub with views over 1930s LA than Space 220... It would be a much more engaging and vibrant experience... Take a rickety elevator ride to the "top"...Lunch and dinner, special events ballroom for events...It could be spectacular...and imaginative....and very classic Disney.
I don’t remember how big it is but there is a locked door that leads to a space that bypasses the gift shop that I seem to recall was open in the 90s.

ChrisM

A buddy at work has a December trip planned (husband, wife, 16 year old) and we were just chatting about this event.

He already had a HS planned for the day of one of the events so he went ahead and bought a party ticket with the reasoning that worst case (hopefully!) it can act as just an After Hours event even if none of the specialty offerings appealed to them. Given how scant the details have been, not sure how else you could justify/plan for it.

That being said, I can't see how the club experiences won't be a complete catastrophe, even if they have severely limited attendance. But if they are running VQ on Rise, that doesn't seem like a good indicator of that sort of attendance cap (as even AH events don't use a VQ).

I'd also be shocked if they aren't running all attractions (other than shows) - if they don't, they're asking for disaster. And I'd have to assume they would have things like Oga's available for walk-ups?

With a reasonable attendance cap, most attractions running, and the couple of events they do have planned soaking up a lot of attention, I could see this actually working out pretty well as an AH-style event. But I'd hazard a guess that it's going to be super frustrating for anyone attending just for the specialty stuff.

Slight edit: are VQ's one-and-done? I could see them running a VQ just to ensure attendees get something close to a "walk-on" experience rather than a 30 minute wait or something similar. Getting one walk-on of Rise would probably add a lot to guest satisfaction results.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

A buddy at work has a December trip planned (husband, wife, 16 year old) and we were just chatting about this event.

He already had a HS planned for the day of one of the events so he went ahead and bought a party ticket with the reasoning that worst case (hopefully!) it can act as just an After Hours event even if none of the specialty offerings appealed to them. Given how scant the details have been, not sure how else you could justify/plan for it.

That being said, I can't see how the club experiences won't be a complete catastrophe, even if they have severely limited attendance. But if they are running VQ on Rise, that doesn't seem like a good indicator of that sort of attendance cap (as even AH events don't use a VQ).

I'd also be shocked if they aren't running all attractions (other than shows) - if they don't, they're asking for disaster. And I'd have to assume they would have things like Oga's available for walk-ups?

With a reasonable attendance cap, most attractions running, and the couple of events they do have planned soaking up a lot of attention, I could see this actually working out pretty well as an AH-style event. But I'd hazard a guess that it's going to be super frustrating for anyone attending just for the specialty stuff.

Slight edit: are VQ's one-and-done? I could see them running a VQ just to ensure attendees get something close to a "walk-on" experience rather than a 30 minute wait or something similar. Getting one walk-on of Rise would probably add a lot to guest satisfaction results.

To the VQ for Rise, that is what they are doing for Tron at the Halloween parties and I think it is a good thing as it reduces the wait time to get on the ride (or at least the worry of what the wait time might be) - so makes it easier to take some party time to ride it know you have your VQ spot vs potentially using up a lot of time in the standby line (or being concerned about the potential wait/the unknown) - just increases efficiency

So basically your "edit" that is didn't see before commenting lol

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

I bought tickets and we're bringing our 8 and 5 year olds. We're planning for Halloween season in 2024 so 2025 would be the earliest we'd be there to have holiday season opportunities. Who knows if this will even exist in 2025, and if it does maybe it's very different. It's an outside-the-box event that I hope succeeds.

Will it be "worth" what we pay? Probably not, but there's really no "value" anywhere at Disney so we've given up "chasing value." If it's great it's great. If it crashes and burns and never returns then we'll have different "fun" stories.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney-Jollywood-Nights_Full_53366.jpg

So, seeing this image of Kermit & Miss Piggy for the Jollywood event. It appears they are full body versions and the last time those versions appeared was during the Volunteer Cavalcade several years ago..
Disneys-Honorary-Voluntears-Cavalcade.jpg;width=1200;height=630;mode=crop;scale=both;encoder=freeimage;quality=50;progressive=true

If I'm not mistaken they are a bit bigger than their versions from the Great Moments show..

DCBaker

Premium Member
Did they finally announce how to join the queue, or is it the same info from June?

Here's the announcement for the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue during Disney Jollywood Nights.

Guests attending the event can request to join the queue beginning at 6:00 p.m. 8pm*. Each guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per event. This is only available for guests on the day of the event they are attending, and their specific event tickets must be linked to their My Disney Experience account in order to join the virtual queue. Guests attending this special ticketed event do not need to be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to request to join at the time the queue becomes available.

*Edit to reflect the time change on the website - see posts in the thread below.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the announcement for the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue during Disney Jollywood Nights.

"Guests attending the event can request to join the queue beginning at 6:00 p.m. Each guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per event. This is only available for guests on the day of the event they are attending, and their specific event tickets must be linked to their My Disney Experience account in order to join the virtual queue. Guests attending this special ticketed event do not need to be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to request to join at the time the queue becomes available."

There seems to be some conflicting times for when the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue opens. On the parks blog announcement as seen above, it says 6pm. On the Disney Jollywood Nights event page it says 8pm as seen below.

A virtual queue will be in place for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance during this event—so you can spend more time on the dance floor.

Guests will need to use the My Disney Experience app to enter Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on the day of the event. A standby queue for this attraction will not be available during the event. Each Guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per event.

Guests attending Disney Jollywood Nights will have an opportunity to request to join the virtual queue for this attraction at 8:00 PM. This is only available for Guests on the day of the event they are attending, and their specific event tickets must be linked to their My Disney Experience account in order to join the virtual queue. Guests attending this special ticketed event do not need to be inside Disney's Hollywood Studios to request to join at the time the queue becomes available.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There seems to be some conflicting times for when the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue opens. On the parks blog announcement as seen above, it says 6pm. On the Disney Jollywood Nights event page it says 8pm as seen below.

A virtual queue will be in place for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance during this event—so you can spend more time on the dance floor.

Guests will need to use the My Disney Experience app to enter Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on the day of the event. A standby queue for this attraction will not be available during the event. Each Guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per event.

Guests attending Disney Jollywood Nights will have an opportunity to request to join the virtual queue for this attraction at 8:00 PM. This is only available for Guests on the day of the event they are attending, and their specific event tickets must be linked to their My Disney Experience account in order to join the virtual queue. Guests attending this special ticketed event do not need to be inside Disney's Hollywood Studios to request to join at the time the queue becomes available.

The Virtual Queue page has been updated, and also includes the 8pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom