Disney is moving us out of our Contemporary Reservation!! Bummer!!

KellyPee

My family are annual visitors to the Contemporary. We visit every November and upon return last year, made our reservation. I knew their might be renovations, but was assured there would be no problem. Now, 4 weeks before departure someone calls me and acts like I won the lottery! They are willing to upgrade our party to the Polynesian at no extra charge. If I wanted to stay there I would have booked it! Upon further investigation, she tells me I cannot stay at the Contemporary and that she will help us find another place to stay - probably the Polynesian. They are also not willing to give us any consideration for the inconvience. We are so unhappy. We would cancel if we could. We love the Contemporary and would have not booked this vacation had we been told. Any thoughts? Isn't there someway we can still stay there? Thanks in andvance for any replies.
Kelly

<!-- / message -->

spoodles

Frankly yes. And I don't mean to rant. It just seemed un-WDWMAGIC like the way everybody jumped all over her. Bad show to a new poster. We're really very nice around here. Really.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

spoodles said:
Frankly yes. And I don't mean to rant. It just seemed un-WDWMAGIC like the way everybody jumped all over her. Bad show to a new poster. We're really very nice around here. Really.
yeah, we are a good bunch for the most part, but we all have opinions. And you know what opinions can be like....

Upvote 0

brich

TAC said:
I'll comment on the 2nd part (in bold) first.

Exactly! However, she posted her story, and then asks everyone here to comment on it. And in doing that, in the way she posted it, she expected everyone to agree with her. However, with over 20,000 people registered on this message board, not everyone is going to agree with her, and (obviously) not everyone has. And because of that, people are getting upset because there are people that are not agreeing with her. (Isn't that how fights break out in threads?)
As I stated before. She only had 2 posts. She's relatively new here. I'm not sure anybody that's new here really knows what kind of a crowd we have. She's lucky Thrawn didn't pop his head in... :lookaroun There have been both supportive and opposing opinions posted but some have been a tad harsh. Why post an opposing view with such arrogance? Simply say, In my opinion, I would be happy with the Poly, which is a stance I have already posted. Instead we get the, what's wrong with you attitude and you shouldn't complain...

TAC said:
Now for the 1st part.

So, if a CM makes a statement about a 5th park, monorail expansion, HP ride, removing the wand, etc, isn't that the same thing? Now, don't go and say "that's a rumor," because if you book a resort over a year in advance, and the CM tells you there may be a rehab, but 'you should not be affected,' isn't that also a "rumor?"
Ahhh no. That's pretty funny. "Ahh sir, I have you booked for an aisle seat on our 4:30 flight to Orlando.... Oh I'm sorry sir, that flight? Ya that was just a rumor." "Welcome to the Las Vegas Hilton. I hope your flight was a pleasant one. What's that? Your room? Oh we don't have a room for you. Who ever told you we did, well that was just a rumor."

TAC said:
... Which is why I pointed out before that when kelly booked the CR with the CM who works at CRO, that same CM said "possible rehab, but you shouldn't be affected." So, in the end, Disney did indeed hold itself accountable, and upgraded kelly to a deluxe resort. What did kelly want Disney to do ? Stop the rehab during the time that kelly is going to be at WDW?
Upgraded to a Deluxe? Is the CR a Deluxe? You miss the point that just because it's another Deluxe, doesn't mean it's a desireable resort for Kelly. If I rent a car and request a Mustang Convertable. I get to the counter and they say, Hey, we don't have any more Mustangs but we'll upgrade you to this nice Lincoln Towncar... I don't like Lincoln's even though it's an upgrade, why should I settle? Just because it's a better deal for my money? I asked for a Mustang. The company said sure, plan on a Mustang because I don't see having Mustangs at that time as a problem. Let me remind you that my qoute that you replied to: "Disney made an honest and very respectible effort to rectify the situation with a generous consolation." does really mean I think Disney did right. But, this wasn't my reservation that is being changed...

TAC said:
She also complained that even though she booked over a year in advance, she was moved to a different resort. Since we have no idea what kind of room or what service level she booked, we can only assume that she booked a standard room, with standard service. We do not know how many others have booked rooms at the CR with concierage service, or tower view, or any other amenities. So, if you were the resort manager, which person would you 'boot' out ? The person spending top dollar for concierage service, or the person booking a standard room ?
I have no idea what your talking about here. Your making assumptions so that you can debate another point? If I was the resort manager, I would relocate the guests most effected by the location of the rehabs. If the concierge rooms are getting rehabed, you think those guests would want to stay in standard rooms just to stay at the Contemporary? That's a downgrade isn't it? :veryconfu
I didn't see where Kelly thought that concierge guests should be moved so that she could have their rooms... :D
Any chance that her saying she booked a year in advance was more about having had these plans to stay at the CR as opposed to favoritism when someone get's 'booted'. As I've posted before, interpretation leaves a lot of room for error. Most of the opposing responses appear to take all that Kelly posted as negative. I took it as a disappointment and the need to feel that she could and should feel disappointed. That she is not alone in feeling that she does not have to be satisfied with what Disney offered her... :)

Your up... :lol:

Upvote 0

brich

LesaGirlWalton said:
Getting? I think it's already gotten way out of hand but it has been relatively entertaining for "bored at work" people like myself.
Try getting in the heat of opinion tennis, looking at the clock realizing you got nothing done today, going back to the response to your post and having absolutely no idea what point your trying to make. :brick:
That's why I love it here... Cheaper than a bar and 9 times out of 10, you can drive yourself home. :D

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

spoodles said:

Everyone didn't jump all over her. Some posts were harsh, but you're taking the chance it may happen when you post on an open forum. Not everyone is pixie dust and sunshine all the time. To be honest, I can take the harsh posts better than the "why can't we all be sugary sweet" posts any day of the week.

Oh, Have a magical day! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mystic

Wasn't going to post but decided I would. It is my understanding that when you book a room at WDW that's what you're booking a "Room" and Disney has the right to change that room at their discretion as needed. I'm not trying to jump all over the original OP in this at all as I can understand where she's coming from since I would be very upset if I had Disney call and say we had to move you from the WL.

Kelly, my suggestion to you is to sit down with everyone that's going, pull up the main Disney site and look at all the different Deluxe hotels they have. Make a list in the order of preference of what hotel you would like to stay in after the Contemporary. Call Central Reservations and explain that your original reservations were made on this date for the Contemporary and that you had been reassured that the refurb would not affect your ressie in anyway. See if it's possible to get your ressie changed back to the Contemporary and if this isn't possible, ask them if it would be possible to have your reservation changed to the next hotel on your list instead of the Poly. Most likely Disney will do what they can to accommodate you.

I've always found the CMs at Central Reservations to go out of their way to help you in anything you need. One poor CM spent over half an hour trying to find me a package a travel agent told me he could get for me. Nothing was found but I learned that I was able to take advantage of a deal that was being offered.

Now that it's been about 24 hours or so since your initial post and you've calmed down a bit, now's the time to approach this situation with an open mind. Call DCR and be polite and see what they can do for you.

Good Luck and most importantly, enjoy your trip wherever you end up.

Upvote 0

spoodles

We were over the hump, did you have to bring us back. Some posts were overly harsh, some of those posters have even admitted that, which was great. And it is unlike this forum. That's all.

Keep your magical day. No sugar for you. Come back, one year.

Upvote 0

brich

spoodles said:
We were over the hump, did you have to bring us back.
TAC still needs to respond to my response to his reponse to my response to his response to my post that was in response to Kelly's original post that had responses that weren't exactly responsibly responsive... :lookaroun
All valid points have been expressed. Solutions have been provided and new friendships have been made. PLEASE, let's not let this stop here... :lol:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

spoodles said:
We were over the hump, did you have to bring us back. Some posts were overly harsh, some of those posters have even admitted that, which was great. And it is unlike this forum. That's all.

Keep your magical day. No sugar for you. Come back, one year.

:rolleyes:

As I said, not everyone can be nice all the time. :lol:

Upvote 0

brich

TAC said:
Well, isn't it message board etiquette to read for a bit and get to know the message board before "barging in" with a post?
Barging in ? :lol: She started a thread. She has as much right as you. Doesn't mean she should be prepaired to get hammered... :hammer:

TAC said:
So, does that make you want to be friends with her?
Dude, your killing me... Why would I not want to be her friend? :lol: Because she wasn't on her knees paying homage to almighty Disney? We can be displeased with Disney and still be "fanatics".

TAC said:
What I was saying is that the rumor of rehabs is just that, rumors. And with her booking over a year out, the rehab could have been moved forward or pushed back. The CM that took her reservation had no way to know that. All she saw (or heard) was that there was a possible rehab during those dates. She told kelly that, and kelly still booked, based upon the information that was available at that time.
So Disney is clueless? You actually believe that Disney doesn't have a schedule for hotel rehabs? Passing rumors about new attractons and such is one thing. But to suggest that CM's have no idea about rehabs to a particular resort with in a years time? You kidding me right? You think these rehabs are something that can be planned and organized and financed in a month or two? :lol: Come on...

TAC said:
...However, you (not YOU, but people in general) have to be reasonable when it comes to problems. As I said before, what does she want Disney to do? Hurry up and rehab a room just for her, because she booked the Contemporary? Or stop the rehab completely during her stay?
Where did she insinuate any of this? You should patent some of these interpretations because they're getting quiet creative. I honestly think all she wants is some "hope" that she may still be able to stay at the CR. Not asking for what your saying she is... :veryconfu

TAC said:
Ok, she was disappointed. Aren't we all? No one ever gets everything they wanted from Santa Claus. Instead of looking at it in a disappointed way, why not look at it from the bright side - she will be going to Disney, and she'll just have to make another trip to stay at the Contemporary. :)
I don't think we'll agree on this one, which is fine. That's the nature of forums. Just make sure you don't voice your disappointment on this forum because I guarantee you, I will call you out on it if I see it. So sure, Disney trips are a dime a dozen. We can all make another trip. Problem is, we just don't know what that trip will consist of. Wonder which resort they'll move us to. After all, the rumor board says that at some point, all resorts should be changing over to Harry Potter themes with underground monorail access. :cool:

TAC said:
Remember, the glass is half full! And, I think that is what people were basically saying. She is going to Disney, and she is getting upgraded.
Try to remember that your glass may be half full but you know nothing about anybody else's glass. I consider my glass to be completely full and yet I find nothing wrong with Kelly's original post. Your are right in that she is going to Disney but I still don't agree that she's getting an upgrade. I would absolutely love having you as a guest. I'll bet I could upgrade you from a suite at the Floridian to the Reedy Creek landscapers shed. A window room of course... :D

I invite a rebuttle but this thread has exhausted me. Really punting this time. Thanks TAC for the great debate. Looking forward to butting heads in another thread.. :wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Do you go to WDW because of the room you spend 6-8 hours a night virtually unconcious in or do you go to enjoy the parks and everything else available? You'll spend way more time out of your room than you will being aware in your room.[/QUOTE]

:) HERE, HERE!!

Upvote 0

Iakona

Craig & Lisa said:
Do you go to WDW because of the room you spend 6-8 hours a night virtually unconcious in or do you go to enjoy the parks and everything else available? You'll spend way more time out of your room than you will being aware in your room.

:) HERE, HERE!![/QUOTE]

I go to Disney and stay on property for the WHOLE experience. I imagine if all any of us cared about was a simple place to lay our head then the wonderfully themed resorts on Disney property would not be filled as they are. Everyone would stay off property.

Upvote 0

LesaGirlWalton

Try as I may I can't stay away........

I wish Mickey and Donald would run for president on different political tickets. Imagine what kind of debate we could have then. :)

Upvote 0

brich

I've decided to remove my response. It's simply not worth it to me. I never intended our discussion to go in this direction. I'll be the adult here. As for running away? I felt we had exhausted our opinions and that there was no further point in beating a dead horse. I ended with an invite for you to get the last word and you take that as an opportunity to trash me? :rolleyes:

I'm not running anywhere so if you got more? PM me. Save yourself the embarassment. :wave:

Uponastar said:
Phew! Boy am I glad that's over with! I though I was going to have to put on my black and white striped shirt and grab a whistle.
Uponastar...put your whistle away. I'll take this one outside... :mad:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

brich said:
Barging in ? :lol: She started a thread. She has as much right as you. Doesn't mean she should be prepaired to get hammered... :hammer:
You're right, she can start a thread. But if the next person thinks that being "stuck" with another Deluxe is hardly worth complaining about, then they also have the right to state it. Besides, she didn't get hammered in this thread. There were a few negative posts out of a LOT of replies. Most of the blasted posts in this thread have been people whining about other supposed bashing posts. That's annoying.

brich said:
Dude, your killing me...
Some would consider that rude. (doesn't bother me)

brich said:
So Disney is clueless? You actually believe that Disney doesn't have a schedule for hotel rehabs? Passing rumors about new attractons and such is one thing. But to suggest that CM's have no idea about rehabs to a particular resort with in a years time? You kidding me right? You think these rehabs are something that can be planned and organized and financed in a month or two? :lol: Come on...
I can see how the rehab schedule could have changed... it happens.

brich said:
Where did she insinuate any of this? You should patent some of these interpretations because they're getting quiet creative. I honestly think all she wants is some "hope" that she may still be able to stay at the CR. Not asking for what your saying she is... :veryconfu
I believe TAC was responding to the fact that there are limited options since the rehab has affected their bookings. Maybe she can stay at CR. Maybe she could ask for another Deluxe. Maybe she could stay at a moderate. :eek: (sorry, couldn't resist) Honestly, based on the first post, she seemed to have ZERO interest in trying to work out a compromise. That's the attitude that hits a lot of people wrong.

brich said:
I don't think we'll agree on this one, which is fine. That's the nature of forums. Just make sure you don't voice your disappointment on this forum because I guarantee you, I will call you out on it if I see it. So sure, Disney trips are a dime a dozen. We can all make another trip. Problem is, we just don't know what that trip will consist of. Wonder which resort they'll move us to. After all, the rumor board says that at some point, all resorts should be changing over to Harry Potter themes with underground monorail access. :cool:

Honestly, brich, that section of your post really bugs me. I'm not used to seeing you react this way. Most of that section seemed more rude than a lot of the posts in this thread, considering that you rarely get an edge to your posts. It did seem that you were knocking on TAC pretty hard. :veryconfu

brich said:
Try to remember that your glass may be half full but you know nothing about anybody else's glass. I consider my glass to be completely full and yet I find nothing wrong with Kelly's original post. Your are right in that she is going to Disney but I still don't agree that she's getting an upgrade. I would absolutely love having you as a guest. I'll bet I could upgrade you from a suite at the Floridian to the Reedy Creek landscapers shed. A window room of course... :D
Again, wow. You took a big shot at TAC with the shed remark!

Ok, I'll say it once more. Whether or not she sees the Poly as an upgrade, Disney does. The average price of the rooms at the Poly is more than a $100 more per night. That difference is more than I'll pay for my room in Dec. So yeah, it's an upgrade. If she doesn't like it, ask about another Deluxe.

brich said:
I invite a rebuttle but this thread has exhausted me. Really punting this time. Thanks TAC for the great debate. Looking forward to butting heads in another thread.. :wave:

Rebutted. :D

Upvote 0

brich

wannab@dis said:
Some would consider that rude. (doesn't bother me)
Nor me, therefore, FAR from my intention.
wannab@dis said:
Honestly, based on the first post, she seemed to have ZERO interest in trying to work out a compromise. That's the attitude that hits a lot of people wrong.
I didn't see it that way, therefore, I responded such.
wannab@dis said:
I'm not used to seeing you react this way. Most of that section seemed more rude than a lot of the posts in this thread, considering that you rarely get an edge to your posts. It did seem that you were knocking on TAC pretty hard. :veryconfu
You obviously know my posts. We've gone back and forth before so you may understand that I never intended to be rude. I made my case and some agreed, some did not. The OP even posted her appreciation for my understanding her and yet TAC kept coming. I engaged, which looking back, was my mistake. My intentions are never to be rude or insulting. Just not me.
wannab@dis said:
Again, wow. You took a big shot at TAC with the shed remark!
A little sarcasm is no big deal. It happens all the time around here. I was simply trying to further my point but again, it was not a personal shot. But TAC's response was filled with personal attacks and that's fine, I can deal with that. I'm a big boy.
wannab@dis said:
Rebutted. :D
I appreciate your rebuttal. I appreciate your pointing out parts of my posts that may have been taken in away not intended. I really figured I concluded my posts in manor that displayed that I wasn't all heated up and could maintain a certain element of maturity. Silly me for expected the same in return.

I think it's time I take a break from the madness. What started out as a healthy discussion has now gone very sour. Not why I post but I should know by now, this happens. When it loses the Magic, what's the point. Maybe I'll be inclined to return after my next trip. Right now, I just lost interest. See ya round the bend... :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom